What is Pinterest?
• Pinterest is a web and mobile application company that operates a
software system designed to discover information on the World Wide Web,
mainly using images and on a shorter scale, GIFs and videos.
• The site was founded by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra and Evan Sharp.
• Pinterest has reached 200 million monthly active users as of September
• Pinterest is a free website that requires registration to use.Users can
upload, save, sort, and manage images—known as pins—and other media
content through collections known as pinboards.
• Some websites include red and white "pin it" buttons on items, which
allow Pinterest users to pin them directly. In 2015, Pinterest implemented a
feature that allows users to search with images instead of words.
Business Pages on Pinterest
• Pinterest also allows businesses to create pages aimed at promoting
their companies online.
• In 2013, Pinterest introduced a new tool called 'Rich Pins', to enhance
the customer experience when browsing through pins made by
companies. Business pages can include various data, topics and
information such as prices of products, ratings of movies or
ingredients for recipes.
• Like Facebook and Twitter, Pinterest now lets marketers access the
data collected on its users.
• By granting access to users' data, Pinterest lets marketers
investigate how people respond to products. If a product has a high
number of repins, this generally tells the producer of the product
that it is well liked by many members of the Pinterest community.
Now that Pinterest lets marketers access the data, companies can
view user comments on the product to learn how people like or
• A 2013 study on Pinterest practices found that "repinning" was
the most popular action by users, followed by likes, and lastly,
How to increase followers on Pinterest?
1. Post Original Content (Pins)
• 80% of the posts on Pinterest are repins.
• This means posting original content is a great way to stand out. For
example, you can post:
• Original images
• Content you find online
• Funny photos
2. Repin Content from Others
• It’s tough to find enough posts if you only pin your own
• Repinning material from others should be a big part of your
Pinterest marketing strategy as well.
• This is also a great way to get noticed by the original source of
the content and get them to follow your page.
• Don’t forget to edit the descriptions on your posts -- add your
own keywords and unique takes on the material.
• Did you know you can find top Pinterest content to pin
(content that has already been proven to be successful on
social media) right inside the app.
3. Follow People
• It's simple: you'll get more followers on Pinterest if you follow other people.
4. Use Keywords in Descriptions
• How you pin images is just as important as what you pin. So use relevant
search terms in your descriptions.
• I use the Pinterest search bar to look for images, so I can get an idea for
keywords to use in my Pinterest descriptions.
• Remember: your keywords should be terms people search for on Pinterest.
5. Be There
• Social media will only work for your business if you dedicate time and
money to your social marketing campaigns.
6. Run a Pinterest Contest
• Contests should be a key component of your Pinterest marketing
• Study these Pinterest guidelines and suggestions before you begin:
•Remember that Pinterest is all about people discovering things that
can inspire them.
•Reward quality over quantity.
•Make it easy to get involved with clear and simple instructions.
•Read our anti-spam measures to keep your contest fun and useful.
•Check out our branding guidelines if you’re going to indicate your
reference in Pinterest in any way.
•Suggest that Pinterest sponsors or endorses you, or the contest.
•Require people to add Pins from a selection—let them add what they like.
•Make people Pin your contest rules. You will become notorious by doing it.
•Run a sweepstakes where each Pin, board, like or follow represents an entry.
•Encourage spammy behavior such as asking participants to comment.
•Ask people to vote with Pins, boards, or likes.
•Overdo it: contests can get old fast.
•Require a minimum number of Pins. One is plenty enough.
•Call your contest a “Pin it to win it” contest.
7. Link Pinterest to Your Other Social Websites
• Linking from Pinterest to websites like Facebook, Twitter and Google+ will
help you get more exposure on Pinterest to friends, family and your
followers in other places.
8. Make Your Website Pinterest-Friendly
• One more way to get Pinterest followers is by adding Pinterest follow and
share buttons to your website.
• That way when people like your content, they can easily follow you and
repin your stuff.
How to increase engagements on Pinterest?
• Use Keywords and Hashtags.
• Join Collaborative Boards.
• Post Original Images.
• Follow Other Pinners.
• Comment, Repin, & Tagging.
• Make Use of Special Occasions.
• Add the Pinterest Follow Button.
• Promote Individual Boards.
• Run Contests.
• Link with Other Social Media Accounts.
Benefits of Pinterest for Business
• Pinterest converts more browsers into buyers:-
Pinterest helps to reduce the number of steps from discovery to
conversion, making it easier for people to get straight to the
source. Visitors from Pinterest are more likely to convert into leads or
sales faster than from other social media sources.
• Pinterest drives traffic:-
Pinterest is an excellent tool to help increase links back to your website,
which, in turn, drives more traffic. It is more effective at steering traffic
back to a website more than any other social media source.
• User engagement is ridiculously high:-
Users on Pinterest seem pretty content to simply find and share things with
small groups of people. This is good for your business. It means that your
pins are more likely to be seen, touched, and even go viral.
• Pins get you more inbound links:-
Because every pin includes a link, it makes it easy to lead it back to the source
of the image. Just think of how many visitors you can bring to your website
by posting images of your products on Pinterest.
• Discover what your audience loves:-
One of the beautiful things you can do with Pinterest is use it to see what is
trending right now. Follow anyone who follows you to see what inspires
them – you will have a first-person look into their mind. Pinterest gives you
the opportunity to see and understand what’s hot today and use that
information to position your offers and products.
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert.
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert, um den neuen globalen Regeln zum Thema Datenschutzbestimmungen gerecht zu werden und dir einen Einblick in die begrenzten Möglichkeiten zu geben, wie wir deine Daten nutzen.
Die Einzelheiten findest du unten. Indem du sie akzeptierst, erklärst du dich mit den aktualisierten Datenschutzbestimmungen einverstanden.