1. D-1404, Brigade Gardenia Apartments,
Bangalore, India – 560078
7th Phase, JP Nagar, Bangalore
Shridhara Rao (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Networking software, Real time OS, Embedded systems,router architectures and design,
Highly skilled, hands on experience in Distributed router architectures,Real time operating systems,Embedded
systems, C/C++, translating complex system requirements/challenges into system level architecture and
solutions. Providing technical leadership as part of large and small software development teams. Seeking a
technical leadership role to leverage my broad experience and knowledge to develop solutions for next
generation data-centers,cloud, and virtualized environments.
Experience Summary: (18 plus years)
• Systemarchitect plus designer developing a universal coil winding platform with 2 micro-controller boards at Synthesis
winding technologies, India
• Deep packet inspection engine extensions to IPv6 for Cisco NBAR module
• Routing protocol(OSPF/RIP) integration on Netscaler platform
• Lights out management stack on Cisco NXUS platform
• Design/development of IPC/RPC for distributed router at Corona networks.
• ANCP protocolextensions, Graceful restart solutions and IETF participation at Cisco Sytems.
• Design/development of ACL using hierarchical intelligent cuttings algorithm on Netscaler switches.
• Design/development/integration of AAA and PPP protocols, virtual routing control plane at Corona networks
C/C++, Kernelprogramming(Linux/FreeBSD) and OS internals, Cisco IOS, Freescale MQX, High availability,
ISSU, virtual routing architectures,Deep packet inspection,Various data plane and control plane architectures,
debugging, IPC,Socket programming, TCP/IP and related protocols.,BSP: SPI, I2C, PWM(pulse wave
module), FLASH memory, Device drivers, static analysis
Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Communication from National institute of Engineering, Mysore, University of
Synthesis Winding technologies, India [2014-Present] – Embedded software architect
• Developed the embedded controller for universal coil winding applications (to work on all of the winding machine
platforms of Synthesis)using Freescale Kinetis micro-cotrollers(MQX RTOS of Freescale). Introduced power-fail-
restore feature to complete the winding of coils when power fails and comes back.
Juniper networks India [2012-2013] - Staff software engineer
• Interface manager : logical interface module development on JunOS EVO
Cisco Systems, India [2006 – 2012] – Tech Lead
• FEX – Fabric extender (integrating Cat4K into Cat6K platform as extended line card modules) LTL (local target
lookup) table extensions and scaling.
2. • Network Based Application recognition – IPv6 enhancements.Modified the NBAR compiler to recognize Ipv6
• Routed VLAN and Transparent bridging : transitioned the ownership of these IOS modules to India and led the
sustenance and feature developments. Added features like enabling IPV6 routing over Bridged virtual interface and
inserting dot1q tag on bridged frames going over ATM VC.
• ANCP: Worked on Extensions to the protocol and IETF participation.
• CMP and lights out management: (connectivity management processoron NXUS-7000): Developed ISSU, HA
and pseudo network driver to transfer data between main processorand CMP.
Netscaler (Citrix), India [2004-2006]– Senior software engineer
• Routing protocols (OSPF/RIP stacks from IP Infusion) integration onto Netscaler platform for RHI, ACL design
and development using hierarchical intelligent cuttings algorithm.
Corona Networks, Milpitas,USA[2000-2003] – Software engineer
• IPC/RPC : Designed and developed the Inter processorcommunication (message transport system) module on a
• AAA/PPP/L2TP: Developed the AAA/RADIUS stack and integrated with PPP/L2TP. Involved in PPPoX scaling
• Virtual routing control plane design/development and socket layer API changes for VR
• ACL: Co-designed the Recursive flow classification algorithm to implement ACL.
Tenet India Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore[1996 - 1999] – Software engineer
(Formerly Tekelec India Pvt. Ltd.)
∙ Conformance test suites for V5.2 telecom protocols,protocol decoderfor ISDN