1. SHERONDA M. SEALEY
P.O. Box 2544, Universal City, Texas 78148, email@example.com, (706) 284-2614
• Degreed professional with an extensive background in corporate and military financial services and
• Excellent supervisory and management skills with the ability to provide the leadership and technical support
that ensure staff ability to comply with accounting policies and procedures.
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounting and finance with the ability to use GAAP to ensure meeting
• Strong attention to detail and accustomed to handling multiple ongoing activities in a fast-paced and time-
• Computer skills include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), QuickBooks Pro, and a broad range
of accounting applications used for General Ledger, Auditing, and other accounting functions.
Masters of Science in Management, Globe University/Minnesota School of Business Dec 2014
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama May 1999
HEALTHCARE FOR HOMELESS VETERANS (HCHV), June 2013 to Present
Department of Veteran Affairs, San Antonio, Texas
Personnel Support Assistant – Provide support for the homeless veteran population through face-to-face or
telephone collection of personal information that is provided to the on-call Social Worker for housing or
• Monitor and evaluate statistical operations and systems for effectiveness and compliance with internal
• Analyze, assess, and revise established methods for collecting data on workload in Excel. Develop and adopt
new measures of productivity, and/or develop new approaches to related productivity measurements in data
• Streamline and simplify procedural instructions and train/assist team members with accounting system
applications through group or one-on-one lessons.
• Conduct tests to identify systems reporting deficiencies and remit incorrect data to source for correction for
resubmission and problem resolution.
• Provide statistical analysis to Program Coordinator and Directors; perform information systems file
reconciliations and validate integrity of data and compliance with standards to account for veteran housing
status on a National Level.
Statistical analysis abilities have contributed to the outstanding performance of this program that
receives constant commendable comments from Regional Director.
LEADING EDGE PERSONNEL, San Antonio, Texas February 2013 to May 2013
Accounts Payable Specialist – Contracted to University Health System (UHS) Hospital and processed 100s
invoices for payment. Matched invoices to over $1 million of checks that were mailed weekly. Ensured
compliance with client accounts payable policies when dealing with vendors. Functioned as part of a team that
streamlined the A/P process for efficiency and made weekly improvements. Pulled checks as part of the double
• Provided professional accounting assistance and system support to financial managers, accountants, vendors,
and external customers regarding systems accounting functions and applications.
• Reconciled American Express Statements by gathering processed invoices in excess of $361,000 thousand
dollars per week.
Hard work and diligence resulted in vendors being paid in a timely manner with 92% accuracy and cohesion
amongst team members
ROBERT HALF INTERNATIONAL, San Antonio, Texas May 2012 to November 2012
Staff Accountant – Assigned to different projects that included:
1 of 3
2. • Southwest Business Center (SWBC) – VP of Financial External Reporting Assistant
Performed accounting and financial activities that included journal entries for several Accounts Receivables
and allocated expenses.
− Created Excel spreadsheets for adjusting rates per type of sheet copier paper and location of copier.
− Conducted extensive research used to gather financial data and prepare required financial reports and
− Provided financial and accounting advice for functional managers. Performed research related to system
capabilities and systems internal controls.
− Completed audits, analyzed and verified fiscal records and reports, prepared statistical reports and
performed related financial support as assigned by manager.
Contribution resulted in stronger internal customer services with other departments and vendors receiving
payment in a timely manner with 95% accuracy.
• Palmer Todd - Controller’s Assistant
Researched, compiled data, and matched invoices to order forms for an audit that spanned five years.
Contribution resulted in 98% discovery of needed information documents for extensive audit.
• Futaba Industrial Texas – Accounting Specialist
Worked with Accounts Payable General Expenses and coordinated with operations managers, other staff, and
management officials regarding monthly expenditure reports and invoicing.
− Audited, analyzed and verified fiscal records and reports; prepared statistical reports and completed
research assigned by the manager.
− Prepared journal entries and some accounts receivables and provided financial and accounting assistance
to departmental personnel with budget questions, proper expenditure coding, document processing, and
other accounting related activities.
− Cut and prepared all checks of general expenses and fixed assets for distribution and submitted fraud
protection to online banking facility, month bank deposits, enters and calculates all expense reports.
− Gathered purchase orders, invoices, and packing slips for continuity and internal control purposes.
Contribution resulted in stronger internal relations to streamline efficiency of gathering accounting info
for matching purchase orders, packing slips, and receipts to pay vendors for 100s of invoices.
WEST CORPORATION, Universal City, Texas October 2011 to May 2012
Data Entry/Customer Service Advocate – Assisted customers with resolving account management issues to Rx
Solutions patients by taking incoming calls to fill mail order prescriptions.
• Conducted audits and research of customer accounts to identify errors, processed credit card payments, and
ensured payments were posted to patients’ accounts. Contribution resulted in 100s of dollars of saving for
customers on fixed incomes during critical times.
MAX’S POOL CLEANING, San Antonio, Texas June 2008 to August 2012
Accountant/Office Manager – Performed a variety of accounting functions that included managing migration to
new platforms and major system upgrades.
• Developed and conducted standard operating procedures for transferring account data on 75 commercial &
residential accounts and migrated all accounts from local automated system to QuickBooks Pro.
• Designed and implemented budgetary policies, precedents, procedures, and regulations for management of
$130,000 fund in accordance to GAAP.
• Made bank deposits and conducted monthly electronic bank reconciliations in QuickBooks by monitoring the
company’s finances from accounts receivables approximately of $11k monthly.
• Gathered required information and utilized reports feature to compile and organize annual budget.
• Monitored company’s finances and accounts to resolve any issues with reporting and accounting for all
customer accounts and bank reconciliations.
• Compiled, analyzed, and summarized data from various information technology systems. Recognized, and
corrected discrepancies or omissions to produce various reports of findings, recommendations, and financial
position to CEO to aid in keeping company driven towards CEO’s vision.
• Served as an advisor on accounts payable and accounts receivable by producing reports that depicted
company’s state of profitability.
• Established a program for securing credit/debit card payments over the phone without the use of external card
swipe for an Auto-Pay Program that automatically debited customers’ credit cards. Reduced paperwork by
20% for customers’ convenience and supported participation in activities designed to improve services to the
• Monitored, reviewed, and analyzed financial reports, internal review follow-up and banking data for monthly
staff meetings with CEO.
2 of 3
3. • Developed training instructions on accounting system applications for use by other employees.
Contribution resulted in company’s accurate financial standing profitability.
UNITED STATES ARMY January 2000 to December 2005
Completed service with an Honorable Discharge and selected for positions of increased challenges and
responsibilities that included:
• Operations Supervisor /Training Officer
• Training/Operations/Morale Manager
• Operations Manager
• Assistant Personnel Officer
• Telephone & Computer Service Manager
• Mid-Level Quality Assurance Manager
3 of 3