2. BRIEF HISTORY
Around 776 BC in Olympia of Greece The
Ancient Olympics were held.
It Consisted of running, long jump, shot put,
javelin, boxing, pankration and equestrian events.
Ancient Olympics were dedicated to the Gods.
6. Pierre initiated the very first International Olympics
Committee in the year 1894.
George Averoff, Evangelos Zappas and Konstantinos
Zappas (Cousins) funded the stadiums referbishment.
Panathenaic Stadium (80,000 person capacity) hosted the
first modern Olympic Games.
The First Modern Olympic games were held in Athens
11. MAIN OBJECTIVES
Global Athlete integration
The Olympic Motto
The incorporation of elements of the Ancient Olympics.
The Olympic Rings
The Olympic Values
12. Olympism: The Philosophy of exalting and combining the
qualities of Body, Mind & Will.
Global Athlete integration.
• Bringing athletes from all over the world to compete
together against each other.
The Olympic Motto "Citius, Altius, Fortius"
1. Citius – Faster
2. Altius – Higher
3. Fortius - Stronger
13. The incorporation of elements of the Ancient
1. Integration of the sports from the ancient games
2. Creation of the Marathon
3. Journey of the Olympic Torch (1936 Olympics)
The Olympic Rings:
1. 5 interlocking rings representing the 5 continents of
15. The Olympic Values
1. Excellence: Giving ones best performance at all times. Striving always
for improvement and overall betterment
2. Friendship: Integration is of high importance no matter the race, age
or background we all must unite as one.
3. Respect: represents the ethical principle that should inspire all
participants to respect themselves and others as well as follow the rules
governing the games.
18. Known as the Adolf Hitler Olympics , but also known for the legendary
performances of Jesse Owens who won 4 Olympic Gold Medals there.
20. One of the best ever Cauldrons ever made for an Olympic games.
21. One of the greatest Olympic venues ever made. Also the very place where
Usain Bolt and Shelly-ann Fraser Pryce made remarkable history!
Modern Olympic Games. (2013). Retrieved from www.Olympics.mu:
Olympic Symbols. (2013). Retrieved from www.Olympics.mu:
Findling, J. E., & Pelle, K. D. (2004). Encyclopedia of the modern Olympic
movement. Westport: Conn: Greenwood Press.
23. HISTORY OF THE FIRST ANCIENT OLYMPIC GAMES.
(n.d.). Retrieved from Olympic.org:
The olympic Museum Educational and Cultural Services. (2013).
The Modern Olympic Games. Retrieved from www.Olympic.org:
Olympism and The Olympic Movement. (n.d.). Retrieved from