1. SCOTT PACICH
18 Bowers Drive • Hackettstown, NJ 07840
(908) 852-3826 Home • (570) 498-0445 Cell
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONAL
Highly experienced in all stages of infrastructure and systems planning and design, from analysis through
implementation including providing robust Production Support and Program Management for multiple initiatives.
Excelled in roles as a leader, manager, and project manager across multiple computing environments and operating
systems and software with exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Built successful teams
from recruitment (inside and outside) and advanced careers of team members above their initial hiring grade. Ideally
suited to manage technical or non-technical teams in initiatives across platforms or lead project teams from concept
• Led efforts for 2-year cost saving initiative for Chase Business Banking to improve and ultimately exceed agreed
upon SLA targets through aggressive process analysis and changes as required. Achieved greater than a 10% ($1
million/year) reduction in production processing time and costs. Also achieved savings of $4.1 million/year in
infrastructure costs through analysis and recommendations for reduction of use.
• Enhanced and upgraded a comprehensive system monitoring and automation infrastructure at Nabisco to manage
and automate systems across multiple computing platforms (AIX, AS/400, Mainframe, Windows, and Network) to
ensure business continuity through efficiency.
• Facilitated key project meetings across all technical functions as the departmental Business Recovery liaison at
JPMorgan Chase. Offered insight and advice, and communicated all key system changes well in advance to
departmental teams to ensure proper preparation for successful execution of plans.
• As part of a newly formed organization at JPMorgan, created and provided many reports detailing Incident and
Change performance against SLA levels which led to decreases in identification, analysis and remediation efforts.
JPMORGAN CHASE & CO. (2006-Present) 2006 - PRESENT
• Collaborated with a team of professionals in the Incident and Change Management discover and reporting function.
Gathered data and provided reports detailing successes and failures in addressing SLAs for each area. Provided
information to senior management for their use.
• Managed a team of professionals in Release Management functions. Developed the guidelines for release
planning, implementation and execution. Provided management follow up and reporting related to success and
failures of key release events.
• Led the efforts of a team of technical professionals responsible for a very large production environment, including
monitoring, detection and repair of processing failures and resiliency efforts.
• Ensured that critical production processing issues were addressed in the most timely and efficient manner through
aggressive management techniques, process changes and teamwork across multiple technical and business
• Coordinated with disparate technical and user groups to ensure that proper problem management techniques were
adhered to, and requirements for production processing were at all times met or exceeded and appropriate
communications and documentation were created and submitted.
• Key contributor to resiliency efforts, including performance and capacity enhancements and Disaster Recovery
initiatives. Provided valuable input towards savings of computing resources across multiple environments.
• Responsible for all personnel and financial aspects of the team, including performance reviews, salary
administration and budget issues. This included a successful assimilation of the team into an entirely new
processing mode without service interruption or cost increases.
• Leader of a team charged with the responsibility for the support of a 30,000 job per day processing environment.
ALTRIA-TECWORKS (FORMERLY NABISCO, INC.) - Wilkes Barre, PA 1986 - 2006
MANAGER – SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT AND MIDDLEWARE (1999-2006)
• Led projects to implement Systems Management technology framework across an enhanced suite of business
units to enable operational efficiencies and/or cost savings exceeding $1 million/year.
• Integrated the infrastructure into daily operations processes and procedures, including system management,
application monitoring and event management. Operational enhancements, including reduced outage occurrences,
2. proactive attention to pending problems and improved processes were seamlessly integrated into the daily system
• Oversaw projects involving Information Technology staff, vendors, consultants and representatives from user
departments in multiple projects to build and enhance the cross platform computing environment through
aggressive monitoring and automation efforts.
• Spearheaded the effort to choose the software, hardware and integration policies to ensure all requirements of the
company were achieved in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Defined, implemented and managed a comprehensive ITIL compliant system to provide Change, Asset, Problem
and Incident management for a world-class manufacturing company.
• Led project team in the support, enhance and improve processes around key middleware systems (MQSeries,
e*Gate). Ensured that customer needs were addressed, including system upgrades, enhancements and operation
to ensure successful operation of critical business applications.
• Identified solutions working closely with systems analysts and developers, Operations staff and user department
management to implemented efficiencies through monitoring and automation, as well as best practices.
• Analyzed potential vendors to analyze and potentially select software and/or hardware critical to supporting the
systems management and middleware environments. Negotiated support contracts with vendors to ensure
maximum return on company investment.
MANAGER – OPERATING SYSTEMS (1986 -1999)
• Managed projects involving Information Technology staff, vendors, consultants and people from user departments
to build & implement operating system enhancements for increased operational efficiencies and/or cost savings.
• Maintained mainframe and mid-range computing environments at current levels to support critical business
initiatives through development and maintenance and management of project plans. Managed contractors and on-
site technical staff to provide management reporting detailing all project status.
• Developed and managed a comprehensive performance and capacity management environment for mainframe
and mid-range computers by engaging the business and technical teams in quarterly analysis efforts.
• Led vendor discussions with internal staff to analyze and acquire the tools necessary to accomplish reporting tasks
as defined by upper management.
BENEFICIAL DATA PROCESSING, PEAPACK, NJ 1978 – 1986
Systems Support - Mainframe Systems
• Started as a Systems Programmer Trainee in the mainframe environment and worked up to Manager, Technical
• Assumed an increasing level of responsibility, leading many mission critical projects to successful completion.
COUNTY COLLEGE OF MORRIS RANDOLPH, NJ
Associates Applied Science, Computer Science