1. Sandra Prescott
Qualifications Summary / Computer Skills
Administrative support professional experienced working in fast-paced environments which demanded strong
organizational and interpersonal skills. Dependable, punctual, and a team player; understands the need for
confidentiality. Confident and poised interacting with individuals at all levels. Detail-oriented; able to multi-
task effectively and complete projects in a timely manner. Excellent computer skills; typing skill of 65+ wpm.
Excellent typing skills Travel Arrangements International project manager
Interacting with clients Telephone receptionist Office equipment operation
Complete expense reports PowerPoint presentations Event Planning
Personnel records Meeting planning Filing
04/15/15 to present JPMORGAN CHASE, Full-time Reconciliation Analyst
• Reconcile customer loans to determine if money is owned back to the borrower
• Generate refund checks to borrowers
• Receive and post refund check into system and close loan
• Generate refund letters to the borrowers
• Maintain spreadsheets to track completed loans and check requests
08/05/13 to 04/15/2015 JPMORGAN CHASE, Full-time Customer Assistant Specialist
• Take inbound calls from customers regarding loan modification
• Make outbound calls to customers and assist in document collection
• Perfecting documents for loan modification loans
• Explaining modification decision to borrowers
01/2012 to 07/26/2013 STAFFMARK, Full-time Contractor Bankruptcy Specialist for Bank of America
• Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Closings
• Escrow Remediation
• Fee Remediation
• Proof of Claim Remediation
Reviewing bank owned Real Estate properties
• Reviewing HUD packages being readied to close
2. • Customer service between seller, vendor and LandSafe Default
04/2010 –12/2011 CRISS LAW GROUP PLLP, Office Administrator
• Contact point for vendors.
• Maintain vendor, client, payable and receivable files.
• Set up meeting between vendors and owner of the firm.
• Maintain financial information in Quickbooks.
• Maintain all personnel files.
• Take intake calls from potential clients.
• Set up interviews between potential clients and attorneys.
• Open new files and set up treatment for new clients.
• Order medical and billing records.
• Prove up files for demand, negotiation, or litigation.
• Mail demand packets to the adverse party.
03/2010 – 04/2010 DALLAS PUBLIC DEFENDER’S OFFICE, Intern
05/2005 – 03/2009 VERIZON BUSINESS, Special Services Project Manager, Richardson, TX
Job responsibilities were the same as below.
05/2004 – 05/2005 ACT I PERSONNEL, Contractor for MCI, Richardson, Texas
• To recover equipment from other telecom companies and stop the billing.
• Assist in training a team in Argentina for data recovery.
• Quality Control for the Argentina team
• Responsible for auditing the DMS and Siemens switches to stop billing on unused equipment.
• Responsible for auditing systems to recover revenue from unused equipment still at customer
• Interfacing with customers preparing orders; heavy customer phone contact.
• Interfacing with phone companies nationwide to prepare for customer cutovers and installation
09/1991 – 08/2003 MCI / WORLDCOM, Executive Secretary/Administrative Assistant, Audit Team,
• Supported a Director and Vice President
• Supported a group of 60-90 employees.
• Handled all personnel records for the group.
• Handled expense reports for executives and engineers.
• Arranged travel for executives and engineers.
• Planned and arranged catering for executive meetings.
• Interacted with internal and external clients.
3. Education & Training
El Centro College, Dallas, Texas
Richland College, Richardson, Texas
Various Business Courses
Baylor University, Waco, Texas