House No. A-368, near Geological Survey of Pakistan and Nimrah Masjid
Karachi- , Pakistan.
Cell : +92-0321-2287484
E-mail : email@example.com
OBJECTIVE: To work in a progressive and dynamic organization with a competitive
environment in management cadre and exploring the ways in the fields of
Audit / Risk Management/ Accounting & Finance.
• Certified in Accounting & Finance (CA Intermediate) from Institute of Chartered
Accountants of Pakistan - March 1998.
• Completed Article ship, four years of professional practical training as required by
Chartered Accountants bye-laws 1983 with M/s. MINOO N. BAMJEE & CO.
(Chartered Accountants) Oct. 1994 to Oct. 1998.
• MBA (executive) in Banking & Finance from Preston University Karachi - 2009
• Bachelors of Commerce from St. Patrick’s, Govt. College Karachi-1993
• Worked in ERP software (AS-400, BPCS) Environment.
• Microsoft Office
• Applied CAATs (Computer Assisted Audit Techniques)
• Certificate of workshop on AS-400 (BPCS), Configurable Enterprise Financial
(CEF), conducted by SIDAT HYDER MORSHED ASSOCIATES (Management
Consultants), representing The Arthur Anderson worldwide, arranged by S.G.Fibre
Ltd. for their managerial staff.
• Certificate of Training on “Internal Audit Report Writing” conducted by Institute of
Bankers of Pakistan (IBP).
• Certificate on Work shop of Internal Audit conducted by ICIL
• Certificate of Management Training Program (2004) conducted by Central
Depository Company Ltd (CDC)
• Sectoral Balance Sheet preparation workshop conducted by State Bank of Pakistan
NBP Leasing Ltd (formerly NBP Capital Ltd) (Feb. 2006 to-date)
Working with NBP Leasing Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of National Bank of
Pakistan), an NBFC operating in Leasing and various Investment Finance
Activities (previously Discounting House), as Assistant Vice President in
following two capacities:
1. Senior Manager Accounts & Finance ( April 2013 to date)
Reporting to CFO & Company Secretary and Other Senior Management and as
second to CFO I am responsible for overall supervision of Finance Department. My
major responsibilities are as follows:
• Maintain and up-date accounting records in accordance with the requirements of
SECP Rules & Regulations, Companies Ordinance- 1984, Income Tax Rule &
Regulation and International Financial Report Standards (IFRS) as applicable to
leasing companies and guidelines provided by the management of the Company.
• Preparation of financial statements of the company on monthly,
quarterly, half yearly and annually basis.
• Preparation of variance analysis for senior management.
• Verification and Posting of all vouchers, Treasury Deals, Lease Transaction in
the company’s computerized accounting system. Also to provide accrual
schedule with accounting entries to GL accountant for the purpose of month end
and yearly closing.
• Preparation of various financial/management reports to regulatory authorities
such as Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan, National Bank of
Pakistan, State Bank of Pakistan and Income Tax Authority etc.
• Coordination with Tax Consultants and preparation of various tax
calculation including company’s annual tax returns with all calculation
and deferred tax schedule on a timely basis.
• Monitor the payroll record of all employees (including their taxation) as well as
retirement benefits plans and their regulatory audit
• Assisting company secretary in Secretarial Matters
2. Head of Internal Audit (Feb 2006 to April 2013)
I was responsible of all internal audit activities and my reporting was directly to the
Board Audit Committee/ CEO. My major responsibilities are as follows:
• Devising the risk based annual audit plan and get it approved from Board Audit
• Designing of different Internal Control Procedures to avoid/ mitigate various risk
exposure in various business activities.
• Review effectiveness of the accounting & internal control system/procedures and
suggest changes thereto (if require).
• Performed the consultancy and advisory services related to governance, risk
management and controls
• Pre-disbursement audit of each and every disbursement to avoid operational risk
and a service to CAD
• Provide the continuance assurance of accuracy of financial, operational and
compliance data of the company.
• Periodic reporting to audit committee via conducting the quarterly audit
committee meetings (as secretary to audit committee) and thereafter drafting the
audit committee minutes.
• Developed a comprehensive Internal Audit Manual which was appreciated by
Dewan Automotive Engineering Ltd. (Oct. 2004 to Feb. 2006)
Worked with Dewan Automotive Engg. Ltd., a listed public limited company, operating
under the umbrella of Dewan Mushtaq Group as Dy- Manager Finance reporting directly
to GM Finance. My job responsibilities included:
• Finalization of Monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual accounts.
• Corporate laws matters (implications of code of corporate Governance, SECP
requirements, IFRS, Companies Ordinance etc.)
• Budgeting & Costing
• Coordinate with External and Internal Auditors.
• Monthly review all the vouchers, adjustments etc.
• Preparation of various MIS reports as required by upper management.
Security Investment Bank Ltd. (Feb. 2003 to-Sept. 2004)
Worked with Security Investment Bank Ltd. (a listed public limited NBFC, operating in
Investment Banking sector) as Asst. Manager Internal Audit. (For last 2.5 months with
them I was promoted as Head of Internal Audit). My job responsibilities were:
• Evaluation, designing & compliance of Internal Controls (Financial, Operational &
• Help in Risk Management: i.e. identifying, assessing and managing risks via
designing and suggesting specific Internal Controls.
• Designing & verification of different MIS reports on request of management
• Verification of CAD (Credit Analysis Documentation)
• Value Creation (i.e. helping others in achieving their objective)
• Reporting to Audit Committee & Other senior officials
• Value for Money Audit
S.G.Fiber Ltd. (July 2001 Dec 2002)
A company of S.G. Group, operating in polyester fiber industry where I worked
as Asst. Manager Accounts and then promoted as Internal Auditor & Confidential
Financial Asst. to CEO.
My job responsibilities as Asst. Manager Accounts were:
• Working on organization’s Information System from transaction processing to
Preparation of monthly accounts and various technical MIS & DSS reports.
• Performed above jobs in ERP software i.e.AS-400 (BPCS) environment
• Coordination with external auditors of the Group.
My job responsibilities as Internal Auditor & Confidential Financial Asst.:
• Responsible for all the internal audit activities
• Reporting to CEO.
• As Financial Asst. to CEO developed various MIS & DSS reports
specifically asked by CEO.
M/s. Bamjee & Co. (Chartered Accountants) as Asst. Audit Manager.
(Oct. 98-July 2001)
During this tenure I have carried out the following Assurance Engagements in the
capacity of Supervisory Senior and then Asst. Manager Audit & Assurance, in limited
liabilities Companies (including Multinationals) Partnership concerns, Sole
Proprietorships, Autonomous & statutory bodies, trusts, NGOs and various Projects.
• Audit (statutory & special including statutory cost audit); Review & Agreed
upon procedures; Accounting & Book Keepings;
The above engagements have been conducted in the following. Sectors of
• Pharmaceuticals; Leasing (NBFC); Modaraba Management Company;
Textiles;Cement;Information Technology; Shipping & Stevedoring; Health Care;
Education; Environment; Local Government; P.F, Gratuity & other retirement
benefit plans of Financial Institutions.
Father’s Name: Muhammad Younus (Ex-Banker PICIC)
Languages: English, Urdu, Sindhi
Date of Birth: 26th
Passport is available
Will be provided on request.
Date of Birth: 26th
Passport is available
Will be provided on request.