1. CURRICULUM VITAE
Name : SANDEEP V K
e-mail : email@example.com
Phone : +91 – 9845751950
To seek senior management position within an organization to utilize my Engineering knowledge and skills achieved through
my experience, qualification and capabilities. Provide best solution to client and ensure consistent growth of the organization
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT:
- Expert in purchase procedures, setting guidelines, optimizing the purchase function.
- Expert in price negations, Contract Drafting and Negotiations, Cost Estimation.
- Expert in Vendor selection / development, Supplier Quality and Process audits, establishing appropriate process at
- Expertise in NPD, coordination with Engineering, Quality and Production.
- Vendor Relationship Management, Vendor Rationalization.
- Knowledge in E-Sourcing (Reverse Auction). Familiar with Ariba e-Sourcing software.
- Involved in management of raw materials, components, spare parts & consumables through ERP / SAP systems.
- Expert in managing the input material cost (RMC) within the given target.
- Familiar with various manufacturing processes like, Casting, Forging, Sheet metal, Fabrication, All machine Shop and
Tool Room Operations, Heat Treatment and Surface Treatment processes.
- Expertise in identifying Value Addition / Value Engineering areas / projects and achieving cost / lead time reduction.
- Expert in store management, conversant with FIFO, MSL, ROL etc.
- Experienced in effective inventory control through setting up quantity and quality limits based on production needs.
- Expertise at handling the inventory function, to curtail inventory-holding expenses and adherence to the minimum
inventory level to minimize wastage.
- Expertise in logistics, documentation etc.
- Expert in packing procedures.
New Product / Facility Development:
- Indigenization of imported Spring Clips - Yielded cost reduction from INR 65.00 to INR 1.70 per unit.
- Reduced the cost by 40% through process re-engineering (Disc Hub manufacturing process).
- Successfully developed Leaded Bronze Bushings of Tyre Molding Machine for L & T Chennai. This involved
development of die for centrifugal casting, fixtures for proof machining, finish machining and fixture & tooling for
helical groove cutting in the bores ranging from 300 to 500mm diameter.
- Successfully developed Turbine Rotor Coil Holding Wedges.
- Developed Alternator Body (Both fabricated and Cast) with new design as a part of cost reduction.
- Successfully established the in house facility for conducting thermal stability test for steam turbine rotors.
- Successfully established new stores with CARDEX and Moving Racks as a part of new facility development at M/s
ACE Designers Limited.
- Successful at Strategic Sourcing
- Successful at managing the input cost for the product within the given target value.
- Reduced the input material cost for alternators by an average of 10% through development of costing modules.
2. Outsourcing of Harness assemblies and Current Transformer Assemblies for alternators in order to reduce
manufacturing cost and lead time, Administrative / inventory cost. - Savings achieved: 25%.
- Successfully handled the costing and outsourcing of guarding assemblies for SPM’s and achieved an annual savings of
- Reduced the spend on fasteners procurement by 21.5% through E-Sourcing.
- Developed and established eight new sources (Casting, forging , machining and fabrication)for supply of various
components of alternators within a span of four months.
- Developed dedicated casting and machining, fabrication sources for Alternator Components at Coimbatore.
- Developed and established new source with a cost reduction of 17% for manufacture and supply of fuel injection
pump calibration bench.
- Optimized the suppliers of calibration benches and the supply of the same was increased from 6 machines to 12
machines per month
- Solved the problem of test tube holding spring breakage by establishing new source and process, the rejection level
was brought down from 36% to 1%.
Excellent presentation skills
Excellence in Analysis and Problem Solving
Excellent Negotiation skill
Sound Judgment and Decision Making
Hard working and Achievement Oriented
TARGET POSITIONS & INDUSTRIES:
Senior Management Position in any professionally oriented Indian / Multinational Organization in the areas of Supply
Chain Management / Project management / Planning And Production / Value Engineering / Operations
TRAININGS AND SEMINARS ATTENDED:
- Presentation on case studies of Solving Quality Problem using QC Tools conducted by CII at Chennai in the year
- Programme on Internal Quality Auditor (ISO 9001) conducted by Prathana Consultants, Bangalore in the year 2004
- Training programme on Material Management conducted by CII at Bangalore in the year 2008
- Presentation of case studies on Value Engineering conducted by CII at Bangalore in the year 2008
- Three days training on Communicative Leadership – Conducted in-house by Emerson Electric Company in May
- Two days training programme on E-Sourcing Conducted in-house at Emerson Electric Company in April 2009.
- Trained on PART CODIFICATION SYSTEM at LEROY SOMER – SILLAC (FRANCE) PLANT for 10 days.
- Training on Process FMEA – Conducted in-house by Emerson Electric Company in February – 2011.
Company: Stein Seal Company India P. LTD. Bangalore
Role: Consultant - Manufacturing
Period: May 2014 to till date
- Interact with customers to understand project requirements and expectations.
- Prioritize, plan and manage project activities to ensure timely delivery.
3. - Assist Production Managers in preparing project plan and schedule.
- Monitor project workflow and resolve any issues identified.
- Investigate problems and develop logical solutions.
- Ensure that project deliverables meet quality and customer expectations.
- Establish appropriate method for in process material movement to sub-contractors.
- Assist in establishing appropriate packing methods for various modes of shipment to ensure delivery of the spares and
finished products in good condition to the Customer.
- Establishing the stores.
- Sub Contracting Operations and vendor development.
- Plant Maintenance.
Company: LOTUS POWERGEAR P. LTD.
Role: DGM - Operations
Period: April 2013 to May 2014
- Responsible for achieving monthly production targets.
- Responsible for resource optimization.
- Implementation of process automation.
- Production planning, scheduling and execution monitoring.
- Ensure adherence to ISO 9001:2008 Quality Systems.
- Coordinate with Purchase and Engineering Functions in order to get the inputs on time.
Company: ESSAR CAPS
Role: Unit Head
Period: December 2011 to March 2013
- Responsible for complete execution of Customer orders from order receipt to dispatch.
- Interaction with customers for technical clarifications, delivery schedules and price negotiations.
- Stores and inventory maintenance.
- Developing sources for machining the castings. Establishing the machining process at vendor end.
- Price negotiations with suppliers in order to reduce cost.
- Development of dies and tooling required for centrifugal casting process.
- Responsible for sourcing of raw material required for producing castings.
- Production Planning and Inventory management.
- Identification, packing and dispatch of finished products and related documentation.
- ISO Activities.
Company: EMERSON ELECTRIC COMPANY
Role: Manager – Strategic Sourcing
Period: March 2008 to March 2011
- Involved in vendor development, supplier audits, establishing systems at vendor end.
- Involved in the reduction in cost of raw materials through optimization, negotiation with the vendors and through
establishing alternate methods / materials
- Involved in cost estimation for manufactured components (Sheet Metal, Machined, Cast, Forged etc. components)
and sub assembles
- Taking up value engineering projects in order to reduce cost
- Identifying the areas for value addition by vendors in order to reduce cost.
- Responsible for coordinating to pool up the plant requirement of raw materials / standard parts in order to leverage
quantities to buy at best price.
- Coordinating with global sourcing team members across the different units in India and Europe in order to pool up
material requirements and leveraging the quantities for entering into agreement with suppliers and to reduce cost.
- Responsible for conducting E-Sourcing events.
Company: TRIVENI TURBINE LIMITED
Role: Senior Engineer - Subcontracts
Period: December 2006 to February 2008
4. Job Profile:
- Responsible for vendor development, preparation of action plans, delivery schedules and coordination between PPC
and supplier in order to meet delivery schedules
- Developed new sources for machining of casings, rotors and other components of steam turbine
- Estimation of cost and negotiate with vendors for finalization of price
- Material movement to sub-contractor, transport coordination and related documentation.
- Responsible for establishing the new stores as a part of expansion.
- Responsible for development of in – house facility for conducting thermal stability test of turbine rotors
Company: MICO BOSCH
Role: Senior Engineer – SPM Planning And Procurement
Period: November 2005 to November 2006
- Responsible for procurement, monitoring and controlling the inventory of components for fuel injection pump
calibration benches, complete outsourcing of Calibration bench assembly.
- Preparation of delivery schedule / action plan for the respective machine upon receipt of work orders from marketing
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the appropriate stock levels in the dedicated store for Heavy Duty Test
- Coordination between the vendor and production department to meet the delivery schedules and day to day follow up
with the suppliers with reference to the delivery schedule / action plan
- Prepared cost estimate for components and sub assemblies and price negotiation with the suppliers
- Responsible for ensuring the offloaded product / machine meets MICO quality requirements, support and motivate
the suppliers to implement & improve the quality systems and coordinate with the quality department and suppliers
in order to conduct process audit at supplier’s work
Company: ACE DESIGNERS LIMITED
Role: Junior Engineer – QA, Executive – CNC Assembly
Period: June 1995 to November 1999, January 2001 to November 2004
Executive – CNC Assembly
- Responsible for assembly of CNC turning centers, assembly of critical parts of the machine such as axis bearing and
ball screw assembly, turret assembly and work holding assembly
- Involved in generation of work order, manpower allocation, cross functional planning activities and coordinating with
tooling & trials personnel in setting up the machine for customer trails whenever necessary
- Maintain smooth function of the assembly process by providing necessary assembly aid and doing the pre dispatch
testing of CNC machine
- Responsible for ensuring dispatch of all the tools and accessories in line with the BOM / Packing List along with the
Junior Engineer – QA
- Responsible for inspection of incoming mechanical & vendor made components and related documents, ball bar /
Laser interferometer test on the completion of the machines assembly
- Analysis of quality problems using QC tools and inspection of trial components during customer trails conducted in-
- Conducted NC review meetings with suppliers and related documentation
- Analyzed the non conformities periodically to suggest and implemented the required corrective and preventive action
to reduce the number of repeated non conformities
Company: Sidel India Private Limited.
Role: Engineer – Inspection
Period: December 1999, December 2000
Education: Diploma in Machine Tool Technology – 1991 to 1994
Date of Birth: 10th
Languages Known: Kannada, English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu
Address: Sandeep V K
5. No.14, Hari Vayu Kripa, 3rd
Main Road, Dattathreyanagar, Hosakerahalli,
Bangalore – 560085, Karnataka
6. No.14, Hari Vayu Kripa, 3rd
Main Road, Dattathreyanagar, Hosakerahalli,
Bangalore – 560085, Karnataka