1. ROXANA MARIA PLATON
Sinclair Oil Company 7470 S 3500 E
550 East south Temple Salt Lake City, UT 84121
Salt Lake City, UT 84102 Phone: (801) 674-7027
Phone: (801) 524-2741 email@example.com
ASSOCIATE HYDROGEOLOGIST with 10+ Years expertise in soil and groundwater
remediation, reporting, project management
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICAFICATIONS
• Geological expertise for geological and hydrogeological well drilling (1985-1988).
• Performed well-site geology and hydrogeology.
• Oversighted drilling effort, special operations, as well as technical hydrogeological work.
• Multi-year geological mapping in Carpathians and Apuseni Mts, Romania (1987-1994).
• Conducted site assessment activities at upstream oil and gas properties; sampled soil,
groundwater, and other media for constituents of concern related to production sites (e.g.,
petroleum hydrocarbons), United States (2003-Present)
• Oversighted subcontractors during assessment and remediation field activities. (2003- Present)
• Hazardous material operations: 40 Hour HAZWOOPPER
8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher
• 24-Hour Emergency Spill Response
• Hazardous material transportation, safety, general awareness: RCRA/DOT
• Groundwater Remediation Course
• Oiled Wildlife Rehabilitation
• Fundamentals of Successful Project Management
• Clean Water Act Jurisdiction
• The Latent Cause Experience
Associate Hydrogeologist, Sinclair Oil Company, Salt Lake City, Utah – (2003-present)
Assess activities on Siclair's oil and gas facilities for the purpose of identifying existing and/or
potential hydrocarbon contamination.
• Manage and perform site remediation projects.
• Field work management such as monitoring well installation and groundwater monitoring.
2. ROXANA PLATON 2 | P a g e
• Compile operation permits (NPDES), permit renewals, storm water pollution prevention plans
and nutrient management plans.
• Generate technical reports documenting sampling protocol, analytical results, and remedial
actions necessary to achieve project end-state goals.
• Manage consultants and contractors.
• Ensure the Health and Safety Plans are prepared for all field activities; maintain safe work
conditions for Sinclair employees and subcontractors.
• Task leader - control of successful completion and quality of work on the assigned tasks.
• Assist project managers with proposal efforts by developing the scope of work, identifying the
project team, accurately estimating costs for successful financial results, evaluating necessary
technologies, and coordinating subcontract bids and awards.
• Actively enhance knowledge of new regulatory and technical development to provide the most
cost-effective solutions to Sinclair problems.
• Collaborate with regulatory agencies in preparing and issuing case specific documentation
ensuring that permit requirements and deadline are met.
Research Scientist, Geological Institute of Romania, Bucharest (1988-1994)
• Stratigraphic analysis and mapping of Cretaceous and Paleogene units. Perfomed foraminiferal
analysis and interpretation of micropaleontological data from Carpathians, Apuseni Mts., and
Dobrogea - Romania.
Geologist/Hydrogeologist, Enterprise for Drilling and Mining Works, Bucharest, Romania
• Geological exploration for coal mining.
• Well site geology and hydrogeology.
• Performed subsurface mapping from well data;
• Geological interpretation of geophysical data; cronostratigraphic analysis and correlation
• Aquifer testing and calculation of hydrogeological parameters.
• Supervised drilling effort, special operations, as well as technical hydrogeological work.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
University of Bucharest, Romania, 5 year Diploma (Equivalent to B.S.) Geological & Geophysical
Engineering – July 1985
University of Utah, Geology and Geophysics, MS program in Geology (2000-2003) – completed
course work and project entitled “Investigating Protocols to Enhance Contaminant Detection by
Limited Monitoring Wells at CAFO Sewage Lagoons”
• National Ground Water Association, Westerville, OH, 2006 – 2015
• Geological Society of America Group, 2013 - 2015
• Geological Society of America/Hydrogeology Group, 2013 – 2015
3. ROXANA PLATON 3 | P a g e
• National Association of Professional Women, 2014 - 2015
• Continental Who’s Who, 2014 - 2015