1. RODNEY WASHINGTON
PHONE 832.440.0773 ∙ EMAIL RODNEYWASHINGTON@HOTMAIL.COM ∙ (c) 281.638.7344
3902 N CAULDER WAY ∙ MISSOURI CITY, TX 77459
PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY: Experienced professionalwith 7+ years in the oil and gas industry. Experienced in project
management, marketing, and pricing analysis. Key areas include project leadership, strong communication both written and verbally,
best practice implementation, communication, and cost analysis. Proven ability to work both independently and in team oriented
environments while maintaining professionalism. Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals,while establishing rapport with
diverse and differing levels of management.
Cameron November 2008 - Present
- Strong project management skills. Currently managing multiple projects valued at ~$200,000,000.00
while maintaining customer focus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Communicates effectively with all levels of the
organization. Currently active in Cameron sponsored Toastmasters organization.
- Comprehends contractual conditions and specifications and looks for commercial and technical cost
- Identify problem areas, evaluate and initiate corrective action, monitor and adjust project schedule with
respect of time and required resources.
- Identify and record changes to the project scope of supply both internally and externally, and negotiate
- Monitor project performance against an agreed plan and budget. Responsible for maintaining the project
margin and improving as opportunities arise.
- Creates and maintains project schedules
- Responsible for timely billing and project milestone payments
- Provide internal project reporting by using IOI’s monthly
- Principle customer contact during the execution of the project.
- Present project status updates to seniormanagement on a monthly basis.
- Reviewed and analyzed facility and vendorcosts to determine and setup LP for worldwide drilling
- Built pricing sheet to help specific product lines price products according to market value
- Reviewed bill of materials to insure accurate pricing
- Documented and filed all project costing and pricing data
- Completed market research and margin analysis
- Used pricing strategies to complete pricing of product groups
- Reviewed and analyzed SAP low margin reports to determine action required for drilling products that
have fallen below selling price expectations.
- Reviewed vendorcost and coordinated with worldwide sales and purchasing teams to insure facilities are
sourcing from price competitive vendors.
- Prepared monthly, quarterly and annual reports and presented recommendations for action plans to
- Developed customer survey and analyzed data to assist with the development of marketing strategy
- Basic design and maintenance of product brand web page
- Compiled data for monthly rig count which is published on both the company website and in industry
- Worked closely with marketing communications group on advertisements for industry publications.
- Managed project and vendors during the design of tradeshowdisplays.
- Managed marketing implementation projects
- Oversight of the transition of specific product brand marketing strategies
2. Travelers Insurance July 2005 – November 2008
- Settled or authorizes payments to routine property/casualty claims based on coverage, appraisal, and
verifiable damage with authority up to 50,000 per claim.
- Examine claims, policies, and endorsements to determine coverage
- Complete estimate using Xactimate software
- Inspect property, diagram damaged areas and secure photos
- Identify and report on subrogation potential
- Regular contacts include policy holders, claimants, agents,contractors,police and fire departments,
special investigators,attorneys, expert witnesses,and all other persons incident to the investigation and
processing of claims
- Worked closely with Contractors and construction managers to insure repairs were completed in a time
manner and within the estimated dollar amount.
- Currently enrolled in Cameron PMP certification program. Anticipated completion date summer 2015.
SAP, Business Warehouse, Microsoft Office suites,Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Indesign.
Green Belt Level I and II training, Microsoft Projects.
Sam Houston State University
Bachelorof Business Administration in Marketing January 1997- May 2001