4. OBJECTIVES OF PROMOTION
1. Build awareness
People will know that your product exists.
2. Create interest
Since people or the consumers are already aware of the product,
they can now build curiosity regarding to the benefits of your product
and how these products can satisfy their needs and wants.
Because of their curiosity, as the marketer, you need to provide
important information regarding your product.
4. Stimulate demand
Those people who are convinced to buy your product, they are
now creating demand towards your product.
5. Reinforce the brand
Make a name to your product or branding.
• These objectives will only be possible using the different promotional
5. 1. ADVERTISING
• Comes from the Latin Words “Ad” for towards and “Verto” for I turn
which literally means to turn the people’s attention to a specific thing.
• Any form of paid non-personal presentation and promotion of ideas,
goods, or services through mass media such as newspapers, magazines,
television, or radio by an identified sponsor for the purpose of inducing
people to buy.
• The process of delivering a message about ideas, goods, and services,
through the media, paid by an individual sponsor.
• Constitutes the most visible communication tool in a marketer’s arsenal.
• It is expensive therefore only larger companies can afford it.
6. TYPES OF ADVERTISING
1. Print Advertising
o It is the oldest media.
o It is printed on some type of paper.
o It can be seen in magazines and newspapers.
o It is effective if people can read it, but it reaches
large number of people.
7. TYPES OF ADVERTISING
2. Outdoor Advertising
o Publicized product or service outdoors.
o It is suitable for small business.
o It must be attention seeker.
o Examples are billboards, bus benches and on
buses and many others.
8. TYPES OF ADVERTISING
3. Broadcast Advertising
o It reaches wider audience.
o Great impact on listener or viewers.
o It can be seen or heard on radios, television,
and internet commercials.
9. TYPES OF ADVERTISING
4. Surrogate Advertising
o It is to advertise indirectly
o It is banned by law.
o Advertise for: cigarettes or alcohol.
5. Celebrity Advertising
o It uses public figures like celebrities, models,
singers, and many others.
10. IMPORTANCE OF ADVERTISING
1. Advertising does not mean that you are selling the
product, but you are increasing the sales of the product.
2. People will become aware of the product.
3. It will also create brand awareness.
4. It creates regular demands.
5. It provides information about the market and the
things that happens around you.
6. It also helps in educating the people.
11. STEPS IN ADVERTISING PROCEDURE
1. Identify your purpose.
• You are informing the customers about the product/services and
how they are going to avail it. You are also persuading them that
your products/services are better than your competitors.
Moreover, you are reminding the consumers to use the products
2. Target your audience
• You are going to determine or identify the people that will use or
buy the products or services. Market research will tell you who
and where your target customers are.
3. Select a Medium
• You are going to determine what medium you are going to use to
reach your potential customers with the most effective, efficient,
and affordable you can select for the advertising.`
12. STEPS IN ADVERTISING PROCEDURE
4. Create the Ad
• You will be creating your ad. Beyond the widespread interest in
great, creative advertising, your product or service, purpose, and
budget are the realistic parameters. Always make sure that your ad
is always appropriate for your audience, product, service, and
5. Place and Time of the Ad
• When you are selecting where to place your ad, always remember to
place it where it can reach the right user, in the right place and at
the right time.
6. Fulfill Expectations
• Always make sure that you fulfill the promises mentioned in your
advertisements. Optimize your advertising strategy by tracking and
new innovative technologies.