1. Welcome, everyone!
If you are just joining us...
To activate your audio:
● Click the blue headphones
button and select “leave audio”
● Click the same button to
‘rejoin’, and select the
Mental Health Support
Make sure you are logged in with
an asterisk in front of your name:
*First Last (pronouns)
To rename yourself, close this
browser and enter the room again
using the same link, editing your
name before hitting “join”
To activate your video,
Click the video icon:
3. your facilitator
Jules Plumadore (he/they)
● Community-based mental health &
● Movies, music, games
● Ohlone Land (Oakland, CA) with
partner & dog, Arvo
4. brought to you by…
● Campus workshops
● Short film competitions
● Short film production grants
● Global community
5. land acknowledgement
We want to take a moment to honor the
Conestoga-Susquehannock tribe, who were the ancestral
caretakers of the land around North East Maryland. To learn
more, you can visit the tribe’s website listed in our shared
7. here’s the plan
1. Define our terms
2. Practice a way of expressing ourselves:
Immerse - Explore - Express
(and a chance to enter to win $25 or one of
two Cecil hoodies!)
8. Need support?
Access mental health support throughout this workshop.
Click Shared Notes
To link to online
Private Chat mental health pros.
They are at the top and have *next
to their names
9. 3 ways to engage
We welcome your participation!
CHAT BOX: Use the Public
Chat to connect with the
10. 3 ways to engage
We welcome your participation!
to a Poll when
Set Your Status by
clicking on your name and
selecting from the
For this workshop we’ll define poetry as a
condensed expression of your thoughts or
Anything you put to paper with intention
can be poetry.
18. Immerse, Explore, Express
As a group, we will immerse ourselves in 2
short films from our OLIVE Film Collection.
Together, we will explore the themes brought
up in the films through discussion.
Individually, we will express our thoughts and
feelings through writing exercises to create
poetry as a response.
26. Let’s share!
● Never be afraid - take one step at a time and breathe. Everything will
eventually come together and you feel a weight lifted off your shoulders.
● The higher I climbed, the more the world below me transformed. The trees
gave way to alpine meadows, painted in a riot of wildflowers.
● Climbing the mountain of the morning, I find myself at the bottom of the slope
each day. I fight, I climb, I crawl until I reach the peak. Even in that moment of
pain and exhaustion, I’ve continued to climb.
● If you know my past, you say, how is she breathing. I use my testimony to
look at me and share it so you can be free!
35. Let’s share!
● Be kind, not only to others but also to yourself. The world can be harsh, and
you may carry self-doubt and self-criticism with you. But know that you are
deserving of love and compassion, from both others and yourself.
● Younger self, I need to apologize about not having a voice. Today I am
stronger, wiser, and definitely can voice my concerns and opinions, as a child
I wasn’t able to even give myself that much credit.
● STRENGTH COURAGE DEFEAT PICK IT BACK UP / NO ONE CAN STOP
ME IM GOING BE ME ENCOURAGING VICTORIOUS AND FREE
● Life will fall all the way apart and you will be broken to an unbelievable
degree / But you will find strength, in the idea that life can get better.
40. Let’s share!
● The breath in my lungs and the blood in my heart, / The faith that I stand on
to set life apart, / Apart from the pain and the traumas I knew / Traumas that
set the path, foundation for my life / A guide and a memory that makes me
always think twice.
● All I needed was to be loved instead I did all the loving to try and help their
broken hearts, all I got was my own broken heart. All I needed was support, I
never received any until you deemed it necessary and that hurt the most.
● All I need is my emotions. / All I need is to cry sometimes. / All I need is
understanding and to be me / All I need is space to paint on the canvas of life.
42. meet the panel
Raegen Iler (she/her)
Coordinator of Accessibility Services - Cecil College
Stephany Ramsey, LMSW (she/her)
School Intervention Specialist - Eastern Shore Crisis
Response Services - The Affiliated Santé Group
43. virtual mingle / Q&A
Ask a question or share a thought!
You can raise your hand (see image below) to be given
instructions to audio in, use the public chat box, or
send a private message to AWI Support / a panelist.
44. Please fill out the evaluation!
You can enter for a chance to win a $25 gift or one of two Cecil
If you are receiving credit for attending this workshop, at the end
of the evaluation, you’ll be prompted to add your information to a sign-in sheet.
Evaluation responses will remain separate and anonymous.