SQL Server/Business Intelligence Developer
Email id: Rakesh.firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile No: +91-
• A Software professional with 4.1+ years of experience in Microsoft MSBI Technology Software
• Well versed with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Experience in ETL TOOL, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services 2008R2), All Transformation, Error Handling.
SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services 2008R2),Crystal Reports2008 Designing report, Preparing Chart,
setting security and deployment of report on Report Server.
• Strong experience on T-SQL and query optimization, developing ETL strategies.
• Experience in Data warehousing and Business Intelligence.
• Developed Aggregations, partitions and calculated members for cube as per business requirements.
• Results driven ETL Architect with experience in Requirements Gathering, Project Estimation, Risk
Management, Design, Development, testing, production related activities pertaining to BIDW
applications and have served as a liaison between developers and end users at multiple levels.
• Experience in developing different types of reports using Crystal Reports.
• Experience in creating Jobs in Control-M tool, SQL Agent, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and Scheduled SSIS
Packages Using MS-BRED Tool.
• Worked with various transformations (Lookup, Multicast, Conditional splits, Derived column, Aggregate,
Merge, Balanced Data Distributer, Row Count, Sort, Union All etc.), control flow tasks (Execute SQL, File
System Task) and containers (For loop, For each loop, Sequence Container, Script Task, Execute Package
Task, FTP Task).
• Experience on handling with different source like SQL Source, Excel, Flat File.
• Hands on experience in creating, deploying, Trouble shooting, scheduling and monitoring SSIS Packages.
• Migrated and tested DTS packages to SQL Server2012 Integration Services.
• Experience on Creating SQL Reports and Cube Reports, Crystal Reports in Report portal.
• Extensive experience in creating several reports such as drill down reports, parameterized reports, linked
reports, sub reports, Matrix Reports and Chart reports using SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal
• Interacting with clients and clarifying their issues.
• Experience in Creating Packages using MS BIDS 2008R2/2012 and SQL Server Data Tools to Extract data
from various sources and apply Transformation and load data to destination.
• Specialized in working with Source Code Version Controls such as Team Foundation Server 2008(TFS)/2013
• Hands on experience with SSRS in designing reports and dashboards
• Experienced in creating Databases, Tables, Stored Procedures, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined
data types, functions, Cursors and Indexes using T-SQL.
• Experience in Data Conversion and Data Migration using SSIS across different databases like Oracle, MS
access and flat files.
• Experience in maintenance and Administration of SSIS by creating Jobs, Alerts, and SQL Mail Agent.
1 | P a g e
2. • Good in Designing SSIS Framework for different Integration service Projects.
• Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills. Proficient in technical writing and
presentations and a good team player.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team to accomplish critical business objectives and to make
decisions under pressure.
B.sc computers from Kakatiya University .
Title : Oregon Insurance
Organization : NuWare Systems
Client : Oregon Health Authority (U.S.A)
Environment : SQL Server 2012, SSIS ,SSRS
Role : BI Developer
Duration : 2014 Dec to Till Date
Project Description : -
Oregon Insurance is a Project for Health Insurance Company Oregon Health Authority. Oregon Insurance having
Provider network in different geographical locations in USA. Providers are giving health care services to Members of
Vista. Goals of this project are identify the risk of the care members on total population and providing care
management to improve the Quality of Health. Reducing the investment cost for health plan providers on care
members. Improved clinical decision making and reporting with data integration. Improving patient care while
reducing costs” can help you discover how your organization can experience clinical, operations and cost benefits.
Data will be exchanged in different formats like XML, CSV, Excel. Offline Members data is in SQL Express DB. All these
sources data Integrated and loaded into Oregon Insurance Warehouse System for reports and Analysis.
• Extracting data from multiple sources like flat files, oracle, and SQL server and transforming, cleansing,
validating data and loading into final Destination.
• Designed packages Using Control Flow Tasks like For Loop Container, For Each Loop Container, Sequential
Container, Execute SQL Task and Data Flow Task.
• Creating ETL packages using Heterogeneous data sources (SQL Server, ORACLE, Flat files etc) and then
loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS.
• Extracted data from sources and transformed the data using different transformations like data
conversion, derived columns, look up, Conditional Split, Aggregate, Union all, merge join and multi cast
• Extensively working in Data Extraction Transformation and loading from source to target system using
SQL Server 2012 Integration Services
• Created Event Handlers for the Packages Using Event Handler Tab for Error Handling Created
Configurations to change the package properties dynamically.
• Maintained log information in SQL table to tracking Errors and recording package execution status.
• Worked closely with DBA team to tune the performance of the Database.
• As per the requirement developed the reports in the form of Cascading Reports, Drill Down, and Drill
Through using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Title : Claims Administrator (Health Care Insurance)
2 | P a g e
3. Organization : NuWare Systems
Client : U.S Medicare HealthCare
Environment : SQL Server 2012, SSIS , SSRS
Role : BI Developer
Duration : 2013 Aug to 2014 Nov
This is a web based application which falls under pre-adjudication phase of claims for US Hospitals (Physician,
Providers), It was an middle tire application to “Claims Generating System” and “Clearing House System”. Main
agenda of the system is to deal with the claim validations before sending the claims to payer/ clearing house to
reduce the cost and mainly to save time in an automatic process. The end users/ clients of this project are all the
facilities, clinics and hospitals that generate claims and view them.
• Designed SSIS Packages to extract, transfer, load (ETL) existing data into SQL Server from different
• Development of SSIS packages which loads data from different source system into a staging environment and
then performed transformations on data for cleansing and modification.
• Prepared SQL scripts using stored procedures, functions, views ,triggers ,joins as per the requirement for
various analysis and reporting.
• Developed SSIS packages to extract data from various systems.
• Data transformation is achieved using SSIS packages for various analysis and reporting purpose.
• Prepared various reports using SSRS and shared with clients- subscription and scheduling.
• Creating tabular customer data reports using SSRS.
• Prepared SSIS packages to automate loading of excel reports generated by various system to database.
• Excellent knowledge in T-SQL programming.
• Analyzed massive and highly complex data sets, performing ad-hoc analysis and data manipulation.
• Sound knowledge of BT systems involved.
• Performed data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) between systems using SQL tools such as SSIS.
• Generated multi parameterized reports in MS SSRS 2008 allowing users the ability to make selections before
executing reports; thus making them user friendly.
• Created reports from power Pivot Excel, SSRS and Performance Point Reporting. (Table, chart and matrix
• Used Joins and sub-queries involving multiple tables from different databases
• Responsible for documentation of system related activities.
• Provides technical documentation of the system
Title : Safeway Inc, U.S.A
Organization : Synopsys India Pvt Ltd.
Client : Sales Analysis for Safeway
Environment : SQL Server 2012, SSIS , SSRS
Role : BI Developer
Duration : 2012 July to 2013 July
Description : Safeway is America’s largest retailer with more than 1,700 stores throughout North America serving
more than 3.5 million customers every week. Safeway operates fully serviced supermarkets with more than 3000
products throughout America. Today Safeway is one of America’s leading retail and Sales lead information provides
the capturing and maintaining information capabilities on all sales. To achieve this it was required to
transform/modify/load the sales data collected and stored into SQL Server Database where it can be analyzed. The
Enterprise Data warehouse was implemented to centralize database for decision support and to improve the client
3 | P a g e
4. services by preventing errors, providing real-time data and updating records as transactions are completed. Reports
have been generated and scheduled.
• Created a SSIS Framework for logging of execution log data and error log in SQL Server database.
• Moved the SSIS Package from SQL server 2008 to SQL Server 2012 Environment.
• Fixed the breaks which happened while moving packages in different environment.
• Involved in designing of initial package, keeping in view implementing appropriate SSIS controls.
• Creating packages at SQL Server Integration Service platform.
• Understand the business logic, based on this analyzing the requirement.
• Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, and deploying and executing the
packages and database scripts in both the environments (QA and Prod).
• Used various Transformations in SSIS Dataflow, Control Flow using for loop, Sequence Containers and Script
• Actively involved in the Design Complex Reports using with Groupings, Expressions, Conditions and Generate
the Drill Through, Tabular, Drill Down, Matrix and Sub Reports in SSRS.
• Working on change requests of SSRS Reports
• Design, develop and test the data mappings and transformations required to populate the Enterprise Data
• Responsible for ETL design, development and implementation using Microsoft SSIS and BIDS
• Design Strategy for initial load of the application
• Importing Source/Target tables from the respective databases by using Execute Package Task using Control
Tasks in SQL Server 2008 Integration services.
• Created Event Handlers for the Packages Using Event Handler Tab.
4 | P a g e