RAJA SUBRAMANIAN. S
MOBILE +91 - 9994847969
To secure a creative and challenging position with professionally managed group in the field of IT Hardware
and Information Security at an organisation where my knowledge will help in contributing towards the
growth of the organisation.
• Working as SiteOps(Data Centre Engineer) in Flipkart Internet Pvt. Ltd. from Apr 2015 – Present
• Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all IT and Datacenter Related activity.
• Having 4+ years of work experience on support and delivery of data centre services(ICT).
• Having 5+ years of work experience on implementing and administering systems under LINUX, VMware
and Windows Servers.
• Have Operating experience in all Operating Systems having RAID & HBA mode in Linux (Redhat, CentOS,
Debian and Ubuntu) & Windows Servers.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Single Point of Contact for all IT and Datacenter Related activity.
• Implement and manage processes and procedures within Flipkart’s existing Data Centre
• Manage, maintain and support ICT Technology solutions and Data centres to avoid not meeting SLA
• Maintaining more than 15k servers under multiple OS flavours.
• Ensure compliance with the standard procedures as applicable to datacenter operations.
• Maintaining documentations that shows Server placements, cable structure, port allocations & rack
• Fault finding complex hardware issues directly with vendors.
• Consolidates system data to formulate reports for reporting managers
• Assist with the project management and coordination of client IT infrastructure migrations and transitions
into BAU. (Power approvals, equipment and rack specifications, engineering, structured cabling, network
connectivity, weight and seismic considerations, documentation, templates and quality assurance)
• Successfully met all Client Datacenter and Facilities auditors’ requirements. (Security, Infrastructure, Tier
standards, Tour of Facilities and confirming operations and maintenance audit etc)
• Co-ordination with hardware vendor in order to maintain SLA for all the server and network devices.
• Provisioning DELL, Huawei and Supermicro servers for customers & vendors.
• Remote management tools like IPMI, iDRAC and iBMC are used to install OS through networks.
• Remote system administration using Iterm, PUTTY, HyperTerminal, mstsc.
• Using WhatsUP Gold, NAGIOS, OME monitoring tool for complete monitoring of servers and Network
• Knowledge of basic networking & troubleshooting concepts: switches, firewalls.
• Planning of migration of servers, network & ISP devices from one datacenter to another.
• Scheduled and executed regular system management activities including up-gradation of BIOS, Firmware
and hardware troubleshooting within stipulated downtime.
• Scheduled - backup, File system backups and restoration.
Key Proficiencies Known
• Work involves Installation, Configuration, Administration and troubleshooting for VMware ESX servers.
• Creating and managing Virtual Machines and Templates.
• Configuration of the DRS Clusters for ESX Hosts and Configuration of the VMotion for VMware Clients.
• Configuration of HA for the ESX hosts for the VMware Clients Failover.
• Working with Snapshots of Virtual Machines.
• Creating and deploying Templates.
• Hot and Cold Cloning of Virtual Machines.
• Migration of Virtual Machines using VMotion.
• Setting up Users and Groups for access to the Virtual Center.
• Setting up Alarms for various Performance Reasons.
• Migration of the P2V (Physical to Virtual) and V2V (Virtual to Virtual).
• Moving VM’s Disks from one Shared NAS to another using Storage VMotion.
• Performed VMware Data Recovery (VDR) for backup of all the VM’s in the cluster.
• Installing, configuring and managing LINUX servers.
• User administration (setup and maintaining account), File systems and disk partitioning.
• Configuring logical volume management (LVM) as per customer requirement.
• Configuring and managing NFS, SAMBA and DNS.
• Managing DNS Host entries in customer servers.
• Implemented Port forwarding based on customer requirements.
• Managed system security using IPtables and TCP wrappers.
• Basic Knowledge in shell scripting (Bash).
• Package administration using YUM, RPM and APT.
• Cpanel - Add/Modify Domains, sub-domains and user environment.
• Cpanel – Password reset, Add/Modify packages and quotas.
• Cpanel - Email issues, excessive mail queuing.
• Log monitoring/maintenance.
• Configuring Routing tables in Linux servers.
• Schedule tasks for the customer servers using crontab or web console.
• RAID Installation of all Windows Servers.
• Configuring and Troubleshooting Active Directory in Windows Server 2003, 2008/R2 and 2012/R2.
• Configuring and Implementing DHCP, DNS Servers.
• LAN & WAN concepts, routing and switching
• Network protocols: TCP/IP and subnetting.
• Familiar Routing Protocols: RIP, RIPV2, EIGRP, OSPF, Frame Relay
• VMware certified [VCP550]
• CCNA course completed from Sansbound Solutions Pvt. Ltd, Chennai in 2014
• Completed CDCP(Certified Data Centre Professional) Training in June 2016
• Bachelor of Technology [Information Technology] in Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering from
Anna University (2003 - 2007)
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Flipkart Internet Pvt. Ltd. – SiteOPS (Datacenter Engineer) Apr 2015 – Present
Flipkart was founded in 2007 by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal, both alumni of the Indian Institute of
Technology Delhi. They worked for Amazon.com, and left to create their new company incorporated in
October 2007 as Flipkart Online Services Pvt. Ltd.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serving as a SPOC of Flipkart Chennai Data center with 24/7 support for vendor co-ordination.
• Maintaining and organising complete hardwares of Multiple DC sites.
• Administration of DELL, Huawei and Supermicro Servers and Storages.
• Monitoring Cold & Hot Aisle containment inside the DC Halls.
• Implemented 40G Network connectivity inside our DC Halls through Fiber Channel(Pigtail, AOC & DAC),
100G connectivity is ready for future expansion too(Mesh Topology).
• Monitoring management port via IPMI, idrac, iBMC through daisy-chained network.
Spectranet IT Services Pvt. Ltd, Chennai – Senior Technical Executive Aug 2012 – Apr 2015
Spectranet is an innovative and disruptive technology company,dedicatedly working to deliver joy,advantage
and success for people through, and by, continuous pursuit of excellence in internet services.
For our business users, our revolutionary and disruptive Business Internet Access (BIA) products powered by
FOX (Fiber Optic Xperience) and our datacenter products offering metered power, deliver an unfair advantage
of abundance enabling them to do so much more within their budgets.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Served as the SPOC of Spectranet Chennai Data center with 24/7 support.
• Prepared a list of all inventory required for the continuous functioning of the data center system.
• Oversaw all data center operations including troubleshooting, installations/decommissions of servers and
• Complete hardware and software builds for new servers deployments, ensuring adherence to documented
• Good communicator and worked on cross-functionally with other engineering teams across the
Chennai Publishing Services, Chennai – System Analyst Jun 2009 – Jul 2012
We are a professional typesetting, copy editing and project management company based in Chennai, India.
With the ability to handle all subject areas, we specialize in mathematical, scientific and technical material,
offering high-quality editing and typesetting services to publishers and learned societies. We are specialists
in project management and, with our highly trained staff, we offer end-to-end publishing solution services.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Handling calls in installation of Linux and windows Servers.
• Maintaining all the inventory of all the Servers, switches and Desktops.
• Designing and installation the ESXi servers.
• Migration of Physical servers to virtual servers.
Sutherland Global Services, Chennai – Customer Support Executive Sep 2007 – May 2009
Sutherland Global Services is a global provider of business process and technology management services
offering an integrated portfolio of analytics-driven back-office and customer facing solutions that support the
entire customer lifecycle.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction by handling questions via e-mail.
• Resolved customer email requests for assistance related to their orders.
• Forwarded requests as per escalation policy to higher level of support.
• Arranged resolution of customer support issues that can't be resolved by first line support.
• Ensured all customer communications are professional, accurate, and timely.
• Date of Birth : August 3rd , 1985
• Father’s Name : Mr. S. Sundaresan
• Languages Known : English, Tamil
• Address : 12, Thai Swasthik Apt, Plot - AF1, 19th Street, Annai Theresa Nagar Extn., Pulthivakkam,
Chennai - 91
• Notice Period : 1 month
• Reason for change : Better Career
Available upon request.
[Raja Subramanian. S]