1. Rabin Pathak
Contact: +91 9711995890
Corporate Controllership & Financial Accounting
M.com with specialization in Finance with 7years of experience in:
~ Financial Analysis & Reporting ~ O2C ~ MIS Reporting
~ Closing and Reporting ~ AR ~ R2R
~Branch accounting ~ Internal Auditor ~Project costing & Budgeting
• Presently associated with Aon at Noida as Operation Manager – Finance Lead I (OM)
• Internal auditor for OTC- Service Delivery, checking over Invoice Quality and reconciliation done as
per SOX compliance.
• Preparing Budgeting, Forecasting, Variance Analysis and Cash flow statement
• Working knowledge of Accounting Standards/ US GAAP
• IFRS trained from KPMG and good understanding of IFRS 10 (Consolidated Financial Statement)
• Good understanding of FINREP and COREP
• Ensuring smooth operations of Revenue Recognition in accordance with US GAAP
• Good analytical, statistical skills to study trends, understand and to interpret
• Providing business insight and audit expertise to the team and clients on specified business
• Able to analyze, organize, summarize and articulate complex financial information
• An effective employee with excellent communication, analytical, team building & relationship
AREAS OF EXPOSURE
Since Sep’15- Present AON
Role: Operation Manager (Finance Lead I)
• Responsible for the overall direction and coordination of assigned responsibilities and team
members. Would be managing a team size of around 12 to15 associates. Carries out
responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include training team members; planning, assigning and directing work; addressing complaints and
2. • Helps to ensure data integrity of all financial information within the financial statements and reports
including identification of variances.
• Assists with the coordination and review of information and support provided to both internal and
external auditors and state financial examiners as requested.
• Oversees the monthly contract setup, revenue recognition, billings and GL reconciliation.
• Maintain working relationship with Operations Steward, Project Manager and other members of
• Handles monthly accrual entries and reporting.
• Create and maintain the documentation of processes.
• Management of close process to maintain accuracy while meeting reporting deadlines.
• Organization and planning of the preparation of various quarterly and annual financial reporting
• Assures full compliance to policies and enforces proper controls to achieve best practices within the
• Problem-solves financial reporting issues.
• Communicates and interacts with team, client, other departments, vendors, and executive
management on finance issues to provide high quality service and support.
• Maintain accurate records to support the audit trail for assigned finance activities.
Since Oct’13- Aug’15 AON
Role: Business Analyst
• Leading an audit andoversees the work of others, providing technical advice and coaching
whereverrequired on a timely basis and to ensure quality in accordance with set of rules and
• Work with end client to prepare budgeting and forecasting periodically
• Determine Variance Analysis post comparison Actual with budgeted figure
• Preparation of Calc tools to submit Revenue periodically
• Aligned with 150+CFA’s and responsible for reviewing the Billing/ Revenue information compliance
with US GAAP and SOX
• Consult with CFA to resolve Revenue / Invoicing data issues or conflicts
• Setup reconciliation process to ensure that sample picked up forAudit must be fulfill stakeholders
• Analyze and identify root cause/s for various input errors in Invoicing and provide solutions
proactively to eliminate those errors (i.e. Sharing Best Practice)
• Provide coaching and feedback to CFAs (Client Financial Analyst) and address the root causes of
the underlying problems identified
3. • Review Contract set-up and invoicing of entry level CFA’s for reasonableness and maintain
accuracy on work
• Maintain quality control/ satisfaction records constantly seeking new ways to improve customer
• Create Invoice Quality Score dashboard for stakeholder and Team Performance dashboard for
Performance rating on quarterly basis
• Support Stakeholder in Quality work so that they can build good relationship with end customers
and always be Right at First Time
• Providing revenue audit report to concerned team to take further actions on correcting omission by
processing accruals in case of any discrepancy to correct revenue
• Providing business insight and audit expertise to the team on specified business processes,
strategic imperatives and enterprise threatening risks.
• Developed forecasting tools and dashboards to analyze revenue variance.
• Created and maintained precise and accurate models, charts and reports helps in management
• Successfully implemented new technologies and process automations to encourage continuous
• Projects: Aspirar (Recon Automation tool), Cross-road (Cross functional activities), Add to Bill
• Lean Ideas: 6 ideas submitted related to Application enhancement.
• Reward & Recognition: 3 times Gold Award for Execution, Unmatched talent and Distinctive Client
• GOLD (Growing with Opportunities& Learning and Development) Trainer of Team
Role: Financial Analyst from Nov’11 to Sep’13
• While conversion PS 8.4 to 9.0, I was handled major chunk of Contract set-up and that was the very
crucial phase of that time. With my knowledge and grip over the contract setup, have not only
handle my BAU but shared the best practice to expedite the contract request setup accurately Right
at first time, following RFT module.
• Handled complex Clients and responsible for Contract Setup, Invoices, reconciliation and Revenue
Recognition. Variance analysis of total revenue submission and comparing actual revenue reflected
in CP tool which shared by PM for some clients.
• Provided assistance to Project Managers on monthly/quarterly/annual revenue forecasting &
variance in reporting issues.
• SPOC to keep track and assign the contract request within team. Prepare and shared the CRR
(Contract Rate of Return) report of team with SM (Senior Manager) and analysis that how to reduce
rate of Contract return
4. • Given assistance to Accounts Receivables and Collections team in their queries and in collecting
payment from end clients and also helped them on applying payments against On Account # .
• Part of Supporting and stabilizing the transition of PeopleSoft 9.0 process and ensuring Financial
• Correct Interpretation of the client agreements then implementation of the relevant agreements
Since September 2009 to November 2011 Genpact
Role: Process Associate
Worked directly with end client (GE) w.r.t. GL Reconciliation (including AR, AP), Balance Transfer
Reconciliation and Intercompany Accounts (TREMA & NON-TREMA)
Reviewed weekly and daily balancing of GL Accounts
Preparation of Financial Statement and month end reporting
Successfully implemented new technologies and process automations to encourage continuous
Created daily and weekly reports for accounting management
Posted JE post variance analysis (Entry passed for Cost center reclass, Inter Account Balance
Initiatives & Distinctive highlights:
Automation in Daily and Weekly Balancing
Automation in CD-121 report
Rewarded 2 times ‘Client Award’ back to back on delivering business results with excellence
Since June’2008 to July’2009 PCP International
• Handled R2R (Record to Report) work using Tally software
• MIS Reporting for site works on monthly basis
• Internal Auditing work during site visit at each month end
• Maintained integrity of general ledger, including the chart of accounts and consolidation of accounts
• Generated Financial Statements, Budgeting and forecasting and facilitated account closing
procedures each month
• Created periodic reports comparing budgeted costs to actual costs
• Prepared vouchers related to Service tax, Excise duty, TDS and TCS using Tally 7.2
• PGD-CFA (Post Graduate Diploma in Computerized Financial Accounting) like knowledge about
Tally, Fact, Ex-ngn software applications (2006-2007)
• Completed IFRS from KPMG associated with ACCA (Sept’2014)
• Master in Commerce (Finance) from Kalyani University, West Bengal - 2005
• Bachelor’s degree in commerce from Kalyani University, West Bengal - 2003
• 10+2 from West Bengal Council for Higher Secondary Education - 2000
• 10th from West Bengal Board of Secondary Education – 1998
• MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• VBA (Macro)
• Accounting Software (Tally, Fact, EXngn)
• Oracle Discoverer (R11), T-Rec Enterprise, Vista Plus
• People Soft 9.0
• Date of Birth : 21June, 1982
• Permanent Address : Murshidabad (W.B)
• Current Address : MalviyaNagar, New Delhi
• Passport : J6127806
6. I, hereby, declare that all the information, furnished above, is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
7. I, hereby, declare that all the information, furnished above, is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.