Adopts IMPS as
a new payment
orders a day.
Launched into E-
online deals and
Added options for
electricity, gas, and
water bill payments
IRCTC adds Paytm
as a mode of
parks ticketing as
well as flight ticket
Launch of Bills
10 crore app
● PayTM Wallet enables easy and fast payment and Transfer.
● E-commerce based on trust and credibility of payment.
● PayTM offers bundle services on a single platform.
Service Marketing Mix (7 P’s)
● Paytm offers online payment system
and e-commerce medium.
● It offers products and services like
paytm mall, payments bank, mobile
payment, digital wallet, online
● Paytm can be accessed on
smartphones as well as computers.
● QR code scanning helps in faster
● Paytm is a medium through which
customers can make payments.
● Paytm wallet is free for the customers
to use. (Except transaction fee on
transfer from wallet to bank)
● It also offers great discounts and
● Paytm earns its revenue from
commissions on transactions, interest
on wallet balance and advertising.
● Users can access Paytm through a
smartphone or laptop that has internet
connectivity like any other app or
● Paytm is widely accepted as a mode of
payment across various industries,
sectors and geographies.
● Almost all the restaurants,
supermarkets and hotels accept paytm
as a mode of payment.
● These show the extensive reach of the
service, which is widely accepted by
vendors and customers alike
● Paytm was able to scale up its
business quickly after demonetization.
● Ad campaigns have been showcased
through TV commercials, online
Banners, billboards, Print media like
newspapers, magazine, etc.
● The catchy phrase, ‘Paytm karo’ has
also helped them to become a
● They also rely heavily on word-of-
● Paytm gives utmost
importance to its people
● Main objective- ‘to initiate
hassle free transactions
with user friendly
● Person is required to
load money into wallet or
use debit credit/ credit
card to make
● Presence, awareness
and acceptability among
merchant and consumers
are a solid proof of their
physical evidence which
can be seen through
placards on shops that
say-’ paytm accepted’.
PayTM has done very broad segmentation by grouping people, who have internet
access into one segment. There are other parameters for segmentation based on:
Geographic- Tier 1, 2,3 cities
PayTM has reached large number of internet users via customised email based on historical
data,social media,online advertisements,mobile apps and word of mouth.
PayTM has pioneered the e-commerce market by successfully establishing
● large market penetration
● first move advantage
1. Commissions Revenue Model
2. Subscription Revenue Model
3. Advertising revenue model
4. Transaction Fee Revenue Model
5. Interest on investment of customers
● First mover
● Bundled services
● Credible and Simple
● Cashbacks & Offers
● Convenience options
● Large User Base(35
crore as of June
● Growing Merchant
● Unable to handle
traffic when new
offers are launched
● Transaction failures
● Growing Internet
● Growing smartphone
● Changing family
dynamics ( shift to
● Govt emphasis to
● Data Security &
1. Paytm has been criticised on the grounds that its customer
support is not good.
2. It has faced many transactional issues, where people have
3. It was also criticised at time of demonetization when it used
Prime Minister Modi as the face of their brand.
4. In an audit it was found that some of the sellers were
colluding with employees to earn cashback offers.
1. Paytm’s newly launched wholesale business is expected to generate 15% of the Paytm Mall’s
2. Paytm is going to invest another 5000 crore rupees in business in next 3 years.
3. The company is also aiming to double the number of quarterly transactions from 100 crore per
quarter earlier this year to 200 crore per quarter by end of the year.
4. The company intends to invest more money in financial services this year as customer lifecycle
is getting to the next level of maturity.
5. The target of the paytm is to capture 50 crore users.