1. Praveen Dubey
Permanent Address :
290/174 B/2, New Mehdauri, Calvary Lines, Allahabad-211004, U.P.
Local Address :
Flat No. 255, Sarvahit Apartment,Sector-17,Pocket-A,Dwarka, New Delhi
Mobile: 8802286067, 9910396287
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Business Development Professional - Power/Energy/Infrastructure Industry
With 20+ years of rich experience in delivering optimal results & business value in high-growth
environments in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Business Development etc. in
• Innate strengths in identifying and developing potential accounts and retaining their business
association with augmented customer services. Proven capabilities in designing innovative marketing strategies
to generate desired resonance across potential market segments
• Good understanding of Brand Management, Market Research, sales & network management, and
operational management. Demonstrated capabilities in effecting business process improvements and
implementing cost rationalization measures to enhance operational efficiency
• High caliber in creating, developing and executing innovative business plans and product
strategies together with designing, consolidating and improving organizational processes to generate business for
accelerated growth. Strong coordination and liaison skills with proven acumen to coordinate with related
departments for strengthening market relationships using the knowledge of market trend, strengths, and
• Adept at mapping market dynamics to draw vital inputs to facilitate designing/realignment of
marketing/sales strategies to combat competition and sustain leadership position. Demonstrated capabilities in
enhancing brand image, acceptability and positioning, resulting in increased sales and consistent growth in
• A systematic, organized, and dedicated team player with an analytical bent of mind determined to
be a part of a growth-oriented organization. Excellent man-management, time management, and leadership skills
• Two months Dealer & Market Development experience in Lagos, Nigeria.
• Track record of handling channel partners & GOEM’s at Ghaziabad, Allahabad, Lucknow, Kanpur & Varanasi
with Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. and at entire North with Greaves Cotton Limited
• Proven track record of increasing the annual business from Rs.4.5 crores to Rs.9.8 crores at Greaves Cotton
Limited from North OEM’s.
• Knowledge of various user Segments like: - Agriculture, Industrial, Construction, Agro-industrial, Power
• Handled clients like Private Telecom Operators, BSNL, RDSO, Post & Telegraph, Health, Education, Leading
Commercial Banks, and Contractor’s for Railways, State Govt Bodies, Small-scale industries, process industry
• Strategic Sales/Marketing Management
• Product & Brand Development
• Customer Support
• Business Development
• Strategic Business Planning
• Regulatory Compliance
• Market & Competitor Analysis
2. • Client Relationship Management
• Dealer/Channel Management
• Key Account Management
• Cross Functional Coordination
• Analytical skills
• Team supervision & Management
• Key account management
• Commercial operations
• Budgeting and resource optimization
• Training and development
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISGMENTS
COOPER CORPORATION PVT. LTD., NEW DELHI
Regional Sales Manager (North & East) : May 2011 to Till Date
• Overall responsible for entire business operation of North & East India including Engine business with OEM and
Genset market development of 7.5-250 KVA Diesel/LPG/CNG product lines in the region.
• Accountable for planning, coordination, communication & making correspondence
• Designed and implemented sales and market development strategies contributing to business growth and success
• Built and nurtured business relationships within the market and other channels while developing excellent
rapport with the customers by providing excellent customer satisfaction
• Coordinated and responded to complex customer telecommunication requests, resulting in increase sales and
• Formulated plan for brand development & Product positioning in the assigned territories
• Assumed responsibility for planning and monitoring the execution of sales orders to ensure timely delivery of
• Organized various training sessions for the team to enhance their performance
• Implemented competent strategies with a view to penetrate new accounts and expand existing ones, to meet pre-
determined business objectives
• Negotiating Contracts, maximizing customer satisfaction by providing pre/post technical assistance and ensuring
effective delivery management & post implementation support.
• Credited for devising effective strategies for enhancing the sales, which resulted in improvement of sales
margin by 3%
• Played a pivotal role in improving the Project Sales Margin by 2% through good negotiation with vendors
for outsourced items
• Conducted ‘SWOT’ analysis and utilized findings for designing customized strategies to enhance customer
QUIPPO CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT LTD. , Gurgaon
Sr. Manager Sales & Marketing : Feb 2010 to May 2011
• Assist GM-Sales & Marketing to formulate and implement strategic and tactical sales and marketing plans;
oversee all necessary activities to fulfill strategic objectives.
• Identify and approach potential new clients, convert enquiries from potential clients to sales.
• Develop relationships with existing clients and maximize revenue potential.
• Develop existing marketing activities to ensure awareness of the company among all target groups.
• Provide timely and reliable management information.
• Suggest viable target clients and industries, sourcing relevant data as necessary.
• Approach potential clients through various channels, including cold calling and direct mail campaigns.
• Use knowledge of the local markets and industry to promote introductions and sales.
• Participate in events that promote the awareness of the company and its credentials.
• Arrange and lead new business meetings, delivering sales presentation in a polished, professional manner.
• Be familiar with the range of services offered by the equipment division and understand how to identify
client requirements that can be met by these services.
• Adopt a consultative approach in working with clients to establish requirements and propose solutions,
• Work with operations teams to cost and develop proposals for large, complex Projects.
• Oversee prompt production of day-to-day quotes for regular clients
• Work with the General Manager & operations team to transition the responsibility for day to day quoting
over to the operations team.
3. • Maintain awareness of the company among existing prospects through periodic follow-up calls.
• Advertising and PR
• Negotiate pricing.
• Oversee day-to-day maintenance of the QCEL client database, ensuring that new leads are added in a timely
manner and integrity of data is maintained through regular cleaning
• Ensure that colleagues at all levels are following client & prospect tracking systems.
• Review existing data collection systems, suggest and implement improvements.
• Collate data on clients, enquiries, conversions and website activity.
• Present monthly report to the General Manager, analyzing past performance and proposing future activities
GREAVES COTTON LIMITED:
Area Sales Manager : Feb 2006 to Jan 2010
• Responsible for Retails, Institutional & Tenders sales operations.
• Sales & market development of 15-500 KVA diesel product lines in the region.
• Develop & implement programs for new products & key product lines in the region.
• Market share & AOP achievement in the assigned states.
• Network Buildup/ Channel Development (Search, Selection & Appointment & hand holding of
• Recruitment & training of manpower at channel partners.
• Capability building of the channel partners on selling skills, communications skills, presentation skills,
market intelligence, quality and production through training & continuous inputs.
• Coordination & technical sales support for OEM branches in the region.
• Customer relationship management programs for in-fold & OOF customers.
• Developing & Maintaining PR with the various governments departments & institutional customers.
• Competitor mapping & analysis in term of sales, manpower, network, product etc.
• System implementation at the channel partners as per the company requirement, to ensure smooth and
• Preparation & Up gradation of the sales tool kit for the channel partners like techo-commercial comparison
with competitor products, write-up on USP of our products etc.
• Organizing various marketing activities like presentation to the prospective customers, Market surveys,
Road Shows, Product Demonstration, Seminars, Customer meet etc.
• Handling seven states of Northern Region for Power Generation & Prime Mover solutions. Looking after
marketing as well as after sales service. Handling defence, private, govt. & Institutional business directly as
well as thru’ OEA’s.
MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA LIMITED:
Deputy Sales Manager – Engine Application Business: Aug’2004 to Feb’2006
• Promoted Engine/Genset sales at Eastern & Central U.P.
• Recruited GOEM and Sales Dealers for the growth of Engine & Genset Sales.
• Monitored the performances of Dealers and their Executives to achieve the sales targets.
• To provide valuable inputs for procuring orders.
• Providing strategic inputs for the sales growth of particular area & successfully handled a chain of 10
dealers in U.P. region.
• Co-ordinate with various concerned depts. For creation of orders at each & every stage.
• Keeping high level of communication with all existing dealers/institutions & other potential customers for
• Planned specific strategies for the specific areas to promote Sales.
• Visited the Retail Market regularly to keep pace with the current market trends.
BHASKAR POWER PROJECTS LIMITED:
Sales Executive: Jan’2001 to July 2004
• Promoted Sales of the Kirloskar powered Gensets powering from 15 KVA to 600 KVA in Allahabad,
Sonebhadra, Mirzapur, Jaunpur, Bhadohi, Pratapgarh and Varanasi.
Awarded as the Star Sales Person for the year 2003-04.
4. BHARAT DIESEL SALES & SERVICE:
Sales cum Service Engineer: April 1996 to Dec’ 2000
• Responsible for Troubleshooting of all Models of Cummins Diesel Engines in Genset, Construction,
Locomotive and Firefighting Applications.
• Marketed the Products of Valvoline Cummins Limited (mainly Industrial Lubricants) to various Industries.
• Liaised with CDS&S regarding supply of the Spare Parts.
• Prepared the monthly reports & gave timely feedback to the CDS&S.
• Updated the Departmental Manual for CDS&S Audit.
1 year Implant training for troubleshooting of all models of Cummins Diesel Engines at CDS&S, Pune in 1998
1 week training for Parts Merchandiser at CDS&S, in 1999
In house training at Greaves Cotton Limited, New Delhi on
• Time Management
• Personality Development
• Team Management
• Cash is King
• Effective Sales Management and Presentation Skills
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering: Production Engineering; I.E.R.T., Allahabad; 1994; 74%
Intermediate : Anglo Bengali Inter College, Allahabad; 1991; 53.6%
High School : Anglo Bengali Inter College, Allahabad; 1989; 51.83%
Date of birth: 22nd
Languages known: English, Hindi
Have done 1 year certificate course in Data Preparation & Computer Software from National
Institute of Professional Studies (Affiliated to Government of India, Ministry of Labor DGET)
Marital Status: Married
Passport No.: G9202805 VALID UPTO 2018