To be an asset of an organization by endeavoring towards its dynamic growth and hence achieve
M.Sc in Electronics (2007), First class from Kuvempu University,Shankar Ghatta,Shimoga
Working as Team Lead in GL Communications (India) Pvt. Ltd.
(Subsidiary of GL Communications Inc., USA)
From Sept 2008 to till date.
• 8 years of work experience in telecom, networking &VoIP/IMS.
• Actively participated in all stages of product and software development life cycle
• Hands-on Software Development experience in C & C++
• Experience in design & development of frameworks using OOPs & C++
• Experience in development of simulation and analysis of various protocols at all layers of OSI
• Experience in development of performance critical, scalable software.
• Experience in multithreaded application
• Visited UK British Telecom to give training on MAPS Products.
• Involved in the recruitment of new staff.
• Giving training to new employees.
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
• Understanding the customer needs and providing a solutions to their needs.
• Monitoring the team work and solving their quires and issues.
• Able to motivate and lead others in a team environment.
• Actively involved in organizing company events.
• Worked in single organization, started as a junior software engineer, have worked in more
• Currently handling a team of 5 members working on multiple projects.
• Actively involved in discussion with customers for requirement analysis.
• Responsible for feature design and implementation.
• Discussion with test team for new product/feature testing & release testing.
• Responsible for interaction with customers for the reported issues.
• Assign and follow-up the reported defects with the team members.
• Involved in source code integration and maintaining source code repository.
2. • Operating systems: Windows, Linux.
• Programming skills: C, C++, Socket Programming.
• Design: Object Oriented Design Patterns, Multi-threaded application design on multi-core
• Protocol Knowledge: TCP/IP, SIP,SIPI, MEGACO/MGCP,SCTP.
• Technologies: VoIP, IMS, Basic of GSM, UMTS, VoLTE & LTE.
• Tools/IDE: Visual Studio, Visual Source Safe, Wireshark, GCC, G++ and GDB.
1) MAPS (Message automation and Protocol simulation)
a) MAPS MEGACO
b) MAPS SIP
c) MAPS MGCP
d) MAPS SIGTRAN
e) MAPS SIP-I
2) SCTP Protocol Stack development
3) PacketScan PDA for SIP, Megaco, MGCP
Message Automation & Protocol Simulation (MAPS™) is a generalized script
based protocol Frame work to simulate or emulate any application protocol on Telecom
network (VOIP, TDM, IP etc). Maps include many important modules such
parser/stack, script engine, encode and decode modules, Transport handler and
Database Handler. It supports many features like Load Generation, Bulk Call
Generation, Automating the execution of the different call Scenarios, Call flow graph,
Message decode view, Link status, Logging of events and Errors, Statistics, Script
Profiling, Script Debugging etc.
1. Maps Frame Work is Protocol Independent Software Architecture.
2. Implemented Variety of protocols such as SIP,MEGACO,MGCP,SIP-I, GSM, ISDN, ISUP,
UMTS, LTE, SIGTRAN e.t.c and any protocol can be implemented with less time since the
architecture make stack development easier.
3. Provides Preprocessing tools to create Call Scenarios.
4. Functional testing, Regression testing and Conformance testing of network elements.
Role: Involved in design and implementation of the Framework.
Implementation of Protocols in MAPS
MAPS – SIP
MAPS -SIP is a PC-based real-time VoIP call generator (including both SIP
signaling and RTP generation) for stress testing and precise analysis of the VoIP network
equipment, It can be used to test basic functionality and verify proper protocol implementation in
SIP based equipment such as SIP phones and Network servers, as well as Proxy Servers,
Registrar servers, and PSTN and Media Gateways.
MAPS- SIPCONFORMANCE developed which has around 300 conformance testing
scenarios according to ETSI TS 102 027-2 document to test SIP based Entities.
3. MAPS- MEGACO
MAPS- MEGACO emulates a Media Gateway Controller in an IP Network and controls
the call or a part of the call inside the Media Gateway to do the media conversion from one type of network
to the media required another type of network, It simulates media gateway controller for analog gateway
and digital gateway e.t.c, once the context is created it also supports generation for Rtp Traffic from IP to
MAPS- MEGACOCONFORMANCE developed which has around 200 testing
scenarios according to ETSI TS 101 889-2 document to test the Media Gateway capabilities.
MAPS- MGCP emulates a CALL AGENT in an IP Network and controls the call or a
part of the call inside the Media Gateway to do the media conversion from one type of network to the
media required another type of network, It simulates controller for analog gateway and digital gateway etc,
once the Connection is created it also supports generation of Rtp Traffic from IP to TDM side.
MAPS- SIGTRAN is an advanced protocol simulator for SS7 simulation over IP
Networks. It can simulate a Signaling Gateway and Softswitch ISUP signaling specification as defined by
ITU-T standards. MAPS-SIGTRAN functionality covers the ITU and ANSI variant of SS7 implementing
M3UA, and ISUP protocol
MAPS-SIPI Simulates Signaling Gateway/Softswitch as a UAC or UAS to provide a framework
for the integration of ISUP with SIP. SIP-I, or the Session Initiation Protocol with encapsulated ISUP, is a
protocol used to create, modify, and terminate communication sessions to transport ISUP messages across
SIP network as attachments to SIP Messages At the point of inter-connection i.e Signaling Gateway, SS7
ISUP messages are encapsulated within SIP in order that information necessary for services are not
1) Studied protocols and its operations for SIP, Megaco, Mgcp, SIP-I,IMS and Sigtran
2) Implemented the code to handle the call-scenarios in Maps framework.
3) Implemented the message parser for the protocols SIP, Megaco, Mgcp.
SCTP Protocol Stack:
Stream Control and Transport Protocol, is an IETF Transport protocol an alternative to TCP and UDP. It
does whatever TCP and UDP supports in addition to features like Multihoming, Multistreaming, Message
Boundaries with reliability, Security cookie against SYN attacks, Fault Management so that limitations of
TCP and UDP are overcome by SCTP to transport PSTN signaling messages over IP network.
Responsibilities: Involved in design, implemented protocol state machine and protocol features.
PacketScan™ is a real-time traffic analyzer that captures live IP traffic. It supports decoding of
MAC, IP, SIP, UDP, TCP, RTP, RTCP, MEGACO, MGCP, SCTP and etc. It can be used in both
Off-line and On-line modes. In offline mode the previously captured and saved trace files can be
analyzed and in online mode it captures the live traffic on network. It provides search and
filtering capabilities for both Offline and Real time analysis. It allows exporting the detail and
4. summary view information to a file for subsequent import into a database. Statistics can be
obtained on the entire captured data for any fields or parameters in the protocol
PDA: Packet Data Analysis is an important feature of PacketScan. It provides real time VoIP
analysis by segregating captured data into SIP/H323, MEGACO and MGCP calls and
collects statistics about the calls.
Responsibilities: Involved in developing SIP, MEGACO and MGCP PDA (Packet Data analysis).
Name: Prashanth Venkatesh
Date of birth: 26th
Marital Status: Married
Languages known: English, Kannada and Hindi
Contact Address: # 303,Jasmine Block, Eden Blossom Apartment
Gollahalli , Uttarahalli Hobli,
Anjanapura, J P Nagar 9th
Bangalore – 560062
Declaration: I here by declare that, the above provided details are true to the best of knowledge and belief
Date: Thanking you,
Place: Bangalore Prashanth V