IndiGo was founded in 2006 by Rahul Bhatia of InterGlobe
Enterprises and Rakesh Gangwal, a United States-
In December 2010, IndiGo replaced state-run carrier Air
India as the third largest airline in India, behind Kingfisher
Airlines and Jet Airways with a passenger market share of
On 17 August 2012, IndiGo became the largest airline in
India in terms of market share surpassing Jet Airways, six
years after commencing operations.
In January 2013, IndiGo was the second-fastest-
growing low-cost carrier in Asia behind Indonesian
airline Lion Air.
5. As of March 2014, IndiGo is the second-largest low-cost carrier
in Asia in terms of seats flown.
In August 2015, IndiGo placed an order of 250 Airbus
A320neo aircraft worth $27 billion, making it the largest single
order ever in Airbus history.
Facts and Figures :
1) 9 consecutive years of profitable operations
2) Fleet of 144 aircraft including 27 new generation
3) Recognized as ‘Great Place to Work for in India’ for 8
in a row (2008-2015)
4) Named as Aon’s Best Employer for the year 2016 and
10. UNIQUE SELLING PROPOSITION
On-time - Their planes take off on time.
Low fares - Providing low fares by keeping their cost low.
Courteous – Their staffs are polite and behave in good
manner to all those who come to IndiGo.
Hassel–free - Automates services by investing in
11. PRODUCT RANGE
Core - Low cost passenger air transportation for middle class and
lower middle-class customers.
Supplementary- Like Check in, Food on board, connecting flight while
traveling where the service is not available, Complementary gifts
along with the travel, In-flight entertainment such as music, movies
games and Frequent flier programs.
Augmented– Like Online booking, Variety of meal options, Pick up and
drop service, Mobile ticketing.
12. LOGISTICS OF THE COMPANY
IndiGo CarGo - Take care of the shipments. They have
special packaging for fragile packages. They do not accept
perishable shipments like seafood, plants, meat. Indigo
Airlines also carries postal mails like speed post, ordinary
mail and Army mail.
18. IndiGo CarGO System – It includes system for Tracking and
Managing cargo. It includes the following
Use of Radio Frequency Identifier (RFID) tags to
determine cargo location in Bay area.
Tracking cargo till it reaches its end destination.
Pricing based on weight/location and type.
Reporting capability and integration with procurement
19. Logistics in IndiGo can also be viewed from overall perspective.
The logistics in this case can be of two types. They are as follows:-
1. Inbound Logistics – Route Selection
2. Outbound Logistics – Baggage System
Rental Car and Hotel Reservation
Call Centre – For flights related queries, passenger can
dial 092127 83838 and for cargo related queries it’s
01246613866 or 01140404200
Check-in – This can be done through
1) Kiosk Check-in
2) Mobile Check-in
3) Web Check-in
24. Booking – Here the passengers can
1) Modify Booking
2) Cancel Booking
3) Hold Bookings
Travel Insurance – In association with “TATA AIA GENERAL
25. UAE Visa - The visa is an single entry electronic visa
which is updated directly on your PNR. It is a single-entry
visa. The entry and exit of the applicant has to be from
the Dubai & Sharjah Airport only. Since IndiGo is flying to
Dubai & Sharjah International airport presently.
VISA Types – CODE DESCRIPTION
VIS 15 Visitor visa for
stay up to 15 days
VIS 30 Visitor visa for
stay up to 30 days
26. Assistance – This includes the followings:
1) Special assistance – This assistance is given
in cases like “Travelling with Infant”, “Unaccompanied
Minor – “Flying Solo Service” , “Expecting Mother”
2) Disability Assistance - Provide caring
customer service to their customers with disabilities.
3) Medical Conditions - Customers who are
ailing from any particular medical condition can travel on
IndiGo after giving prior medical information as per the
medical form provided on the IndiGo Website, in order for
IndiGo to provide complete assistance.
27. PLAN B - The customer can change their flight date or
timing at no additional cost for the following scenarios:
1) If the flight has been cancelled.
2) If the flight timing has been brought forward
by 1 hour or more from the scheduled time of departure.
3) Postponed by 2 hours or more, for travel
beyond 48 hours.
28. If “YOU” are the owner what
strategies you would have done to
increase the sale
Tie up with more hotels and Car Rental companies.
More effective marketing and advertising campaign for
perfect brand recall.
Invest and explore more “Air Cargo opportunities.”
Increase more domestic routes and hubs and also try to
expand in international routes as per demand.
Se up innovative promotional offers for students as they
extensively use Low Cost Carriers (LCCs).
Tie up with Government agencies for least popular tourist
destinations and provide attractive packages.