1. Peggy A. McKernan
1324 Amstel Way West Chester, PA 19380 • Home: 610-692-5489 • Cell: 484-888-1774 • email@example.com
BRYN MAWR CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, BRYN MAWR, PA May 2001 to February 2016
Market-neutral, long/short global equity hedge fund founded in 1992 providing investment products to institutional investors
RESEARCH ANALYST – reporting to the Director of Operations and the Chief Compliance Officer
• Data research & retrieval using Thomson, DataStream, Bloomberg, Research Insight, Interactive Data
• Thomson workspace setup & maintenance.
• First Line of support for traders with Thomson & Bloomberg questions or problems
• Trader research support – news, earnings, events
• Periodically review & update exchange & news feed permissions on market data systems as needed
• Prepared & Managed monthly Soft Dollar reporting, annual projections, invoice reconciliation, contract renewals
• Resolved Soft Dollar billing issues and negotiated prices as necessary.
• Daily Short Share processing and Trader locate requests
• Provided support to the model development group to download or update data items & provide help with certain
• Research and maintain company identifiers for each vendor.
• Update and maintain databases: universe, short share permissions, trader lists, broker commissions. Prepare reports as
• Update and maintain model operation procedures.
• Collect, retain, and analyze data information in regards to back office functions from various vendors.
• Perform and oversee the operations of the Accounting & Model closing
• Ad hoc research projects
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR – reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and the Chief Compliance Officer
• Work with Controller
• Assist with various SEC filings as needed.
• Actively edit/proofread/error check documents.
• Update various forms and company documents
• Organize & maintain order of various areas of office administration: office supplies, EE paid time off
• Monitor the need for repairs/upkeep in office & arrange for appropriate service
THE TONER ORGANIZATION, EXTON, PA (a Life Insurance Brokerage Agency) 1988 to 2001
STAFF ACCOUNTANT, HR, and Case Manager – reporting to the Chief Financial Officer
• Manage Accounts Payable & Receivable
• Prepare and issue monthly AP & AR Trial Balances and departmental statements
• Prepare and monitor corporate expense budget
• Developed, compiled, & maintain EE Handbook & HR Policies
• Implemented company HR policies
CASE MANAGER, reporting to Director of Operations
• Train new employees on insurance workflows & software
• Manage on-going case load
EDUCATION: Villanova University - B.A. & M.A. - Secondary Education with minor in English
• Notary Public
• Basketball Official: PIAA – Philadelphia Area High School Girls’ Varsity Basketball
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Knowledge of financial securities markets, language and products as well as legal and regulatory requirements
2. * Solid understanding of operational functions within financial industry
* Ability to prioritize assignments under tight deadlines
* Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational & analytical skills with attention to details
* Self-motivated, driven to succeed and work under pressure
* Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
* Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
* Flexibility in working outside of responsibilities and areas of expertise
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications, and spreadsheet proficiency
References furnished upon request