1. MARGARET A. PLASS, PMP®, CSM
Sleepy Hollow, IL
Results oriented Information Technology Professional with an extensive background in project
management, complex system analysis and design. Experience includes insurance, site development,
sales payroll, order processing and accounts receivable business applications. A Highly motivated self-
starter with a successful track record who works well independently, as well as on a team.
• Data Modeling
• Team Building
• Performance Feedback
• Problem Solving
• Process/Data Flow Diagramming
• Process Improvements
• Project Planning/SDLC
• Quality Assurance
• Requirements Definition
• Supervision Performance Feedback
• System Analysis & Design
• System Testing
• Time Management
• Vendor Management
Database: Oracle PC/Laptop: Windows 7, Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel, Outlook,
Powerpoint), Visio, Access, SQL Plus
Mainframe: IBM 3083, MVS/XA, SPF, IBM 4381-2, OS/MVS 1.3.2, Cobol (II),
CICS (1.5), IDMS/ADSO, Panvalet, DBOL, OLQ, Fileaid, Endevor
ALLSTATE INSURANCE COMPANY, Northbrook, IL 2002 –2015
Project Manager 2006 –2015
Led cross-functional and cross-continent client and development teams in support of Resource management,
Process adherence, Business and IT relationships, Project meetings, Change, Issue and Risk management,
Financials, SDLC Project plans, Timelines, Gating, SOX, Status reporting, Mentoring, Training and
Recent projects (High Complexity levels):
• Country-wide Billing Enhancements – Online updates for Pay Plan expansion, new Tibco web service,
Billing History information, enhanced down payment and discount information. Significantly improved
Ease of Doing Business for 2400+ independent Agents. Twenty seven teams involved with 125 IT
resources and 18,000+ hours managed in MS Project plan. Duration 1.5 years.
• Texas Windstorm Insurance Association Funding Rules 2014 – Structure built for processing TWIA
surcharge from entry system thru downstream areas to Billing, Customer Decs and State reporting.
Maintained alignment between Allstate and Encompass projects. Resolved Compliance issue avoiding
state fines for Allstate. Eighteen teams involved with 60 IT resources and 5,000+ hours managed.
Duration 10 months.
• California Earthquake Authority Reports – Separated data flows, landing zones, CEA Vendor screens and
reports created for Allstate and Encompass brands specific to Billing and Claims applications. Involved
highly architected design changes and Vendor coordination. Resolved Compliance issue between CEA
and Allstate. Ten teams involved with 26 IT resources and 3500+ hours managed. Duration 9 months.
2. MARGARET A. PLASS, PMP®, CSM Page 2
Business Analyst Team Lead 2005 – 2006
Managed multiple Business Analysts and developers (onshore/offshore) in development of Customer
Declaration and Forms for country-wide conversion of CNA P&C lines. Lead for Project scheduling requests,
Project tracking, Team assignments, Business and Technology relationships with
Northbrook and Northern Ireland, created Process procedures and Transition plans, assisted in Budget
Planning, Conducted weekly team status meetings and Approved Time entries for the team.
Business Analyst 2002 –2005
Key analyst in Country-wide conversion of 1.6B CNA P&C lines to Allstate Internet based system, specific to
Customer Declarations. Prepared project definition, estimation, coordination and general project management
for 8 to 10 of 40 state conversions.
• Re-purposed Customer Dec message requirements to align with Allstate data sources for each state.
• Performed Business Client interviews to develop project requirements and test scripts.
• Performed Cobol table maintenance for Dec messages and created Forms through DCF tool.
• Addressed Development and End to End Test issues and risks.
• Provided mentoring and training for 4 on and offshore Business Analysts.
MCDONALD’S CORPORATION, Oak Brook, IL 1999 – 2001
Senior Business Analyst
Led cross-functional client and development teams providing requirements definition, system analysis, design,
change management, system test planning and execution, Client interface and team support.
• Consolidated multiple financial analysis tools successfully reduced data entry time from 3 weeks to 2
weeks per deal, standardizing business rules and improving accuracy of profitability reports for
representatives and financial controllers in 39 regions. Requirements definition rated excellent by Quality
Assurance Institute (QAI).
• Redesigned/automated quarterly data movement process providing corporate access to over 250 market
optimization data elements. Eliminated manual execution process and reduced errors by 10%.
• Successfully upgraded client server and web restaurant location applications to include characteristics and
measurements for non-traditional restaurants, saving at least 5% in maintenance and support costs by
eliminating the original Access application.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS
B.A., Math/Education – North Central College, Naperville, IL. Teacher Certification
PMI-Certified PMP thru May, 2018; Certified Scrum Master; QuickBooks Training
• Web Development Fundamentals
• Oracle Designer
• Intro to SQL
• Fast Track to SQL Server
• Unix/Perl, C/C++
• Advanced Function Printing
• Advanced ADS
• ADS On-line Development
• IDMS/R Programming
• Real Estate License
• Right Requirements, Right Now
• Presentation Skills
• Senn Delaney Team Building
• Managing Cultural Differences
• Interviewing Skills
• Making Projects Work
• Managing Complex Projects
• Scope, Schedule and Cost Management
• Assessing and Managing Risk
• Finance and Accounting for Non-
• Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
3. • Business Writing
• Effective Facilitation
• Energy for Life
• Human Dimensions for Project
• Maximizing Project Success through