1. Motivateyourselflike never before!
Do you find yourself having a worthwhile goal, work on it for a while, and then see no
change? Do you try again and still see no real results? Have you contemplated giving up
or simply settling? If you'reheading in that direction, there may be somehope for you.
You don't have to lose your motivation and abandon your goals even though you think
you've failed, because you actually didn't fail yet. Failure comes when you decide not to
do anything about that goal. Failure is not being stuck in your current situation, but
giving up any attempt to make visible progress to hold on to.
Did you know that, according to Forbes, only 8% of those who make New Year's
resolutions achieve their goals? That's part of the reason so many studies have been
done on how the human brain functions. Why the brain? What does it have to do with
reaching our goals?
Having the feeling of being stuck is a mind problem. It's not a physical disability issue, it's
not the lack of talent or competence -- it's your mind's interpretation of events. It's the
mind telling the body that it should not go somewhere or do something new, as it won't
work anyway. It's the captain commanding his crew not to make any significant changes
because it would be a waste of time.
Do these thoughts sound familiar? Imagine John and Linda both being motivated to take
action on something they wanted to change, but then they stop working towards their
goal. Linda wants to start a new business, and John wants to lose weight, but they
started focusing their thoughts on their current reality and concluded that what they
were doing wouldn’twork. They lostmotivation. As such, they feel stuck.
What they missed is that they could have dedicated their time, effort and resources to
find a solution to their problems. They can make a decision to fix what isn't working, if
they know fromthe startthat they havethe POWERto change their situation.
They are only feeling stuck because in their minds, they forgot about their true power to
make decisions. They feel that the lack of results paralyzes them from taking the next
action. The truth is, nothing can stop them. Nothing can keep them from moving
forward. They can try again.
Sometimes, goals take more time than expected before you see some results. That's why
you need to have a good process for motivating yourself, especially if you're pursuing
life-changing goals. Motivation is not only about putting the right thoughts in your mind.
It's also about a series of actions you can do so that the right thoughts will stay in your
It means, there will be times when you have to do some things even if you don't feel like
it. If you're anybody like John or Linda, here's an action plan that you could put into
practice to get unstuck:
2. 1. Make a deliberate choice todowhatever it takes toreachthe goal.
Have a commitment that you won't settle for less. This is a mind activity. You need to be
convinced that you will go for that goal. To make this decision really sink in, you can
make a contract on paper. Put your specific goal and timeline on it. Sign it and ask
somebody close to you to sign as a witness. This is optional; however it could help you in
a powerful way if you ever get stuck again. Reading a written note refreshes our memory
to the commitments we have. The contractshould encourage you to get back on track.
You can watch this: “NO EXCUSES” - Best Motivational Video:
2. Create aclear plan on the steps that youneedto do.
Linda may need to firmly decide on the business she wants to create, and then she needs
to list down all the steps necessary to start it. She must be consistent to implement his
plan and take action every day. Likewise for John, he needs to be consistent with his
workout program and make it a part of his regular routine. He needs to stick with it every
day, and he needs to have a plan for a healthy diet as well. It might be useful to make a
specific list of everything that you need to do. Check your list regularly. Make sure that
you follow the list.
Watch this: “KEEP GRINDING” - BestMotivational Video:
3. Findan accountability partner.
Make yourself accountable to your goals with someone you respect and trust. It could be
your family member, friend, mentor, classmate or co-worker. By letting them know
about what you want to achieve, they can check in with you from time to time. If you're
stuck, they can be your confidant. They can be a source of motivation where you can
draw fresh inspirations to moveforward.
Watch this: “PAINIS TEMPORARY” - Speech motivational video:
4. Just do what you say you will do.
Even if you don't feel like it, let your body work on that goal. Take action on your list,
without the feelings. Keep on keeping on. If you don't focus too much only on your
feelings, but instead keep moving you will get results. Soon you'll be back to making real
Watch this: “The speech that brokethe internet” - Most Inspiring ever watched this
motivational video: https://uii.io/pV9De
3. 5. Focus on success.
Learn how to focus aggressively! Reduce or totally remove your distractions. If you find
yourself thinking negatively about your situation, do something to change how you think.
Try things like listening to motivating podcasts, or reading encouraging articles. Linda
could find success stories about people who started a business online. John could join
groups who talk about success. Put yourself in an environment full of optimism. Soon
enough, the goal is yours.
The famous motivational speaker, Brendon Burchard once said “Nothing in life, including
our circumstances or potential, is fixed. Reality is bendable to our will.”
You can pull yourself out and get unstuck wherever you are right now. In your mind, let
your motivation be bigger than your current situation. Keep on moving forward. Keep
refreshing yourself with your intentions.
You can watch this “I WILL NOT LOSE” – The Best Motivational Speech video:
How to Motivate Yourself:A Summary
Getting motivated can be tough – and it can be even more challenging to stay motivated.
In summary, hereare 20 ways to motivate yourself:
1. Just startand wait for the motivation to catch up with you.
2. Break tasks down into smaller, more manageable steps.
3. Create a positive mindset by asking yourself, “What’s good aboutthis situation?”
4. Create positive feelings by writing down three things you’regratefulfor.
5. Be kind to yourself when you make a mistake, then come back to the task at hand.
Know that mistakes are a necessary partof progress –accept and learn from them.
6.Cut overwhelming to-do lists down and focuses on justone thing at a time.
8. Let go of goals that overwhelmyou and set attainable goals that energize you.
9. Imagineyour future if you don’t motivate yourself.
10. Reflect on your pastsuccesses and usethe positive feelings to stay motivated.
11. Remind yourself of the reason why you want to find motivation to get things done.
12. Remember the trade-off you need to make to get whatyou want, then commit 100%.
4. 13. Eliminate the things that distract you and then focus on one thing to achieve your
14. Tidy space, tidy mind – declutter and organizeyour spaceto help motivate yourself.
15. Stay motivated by experiencing different food, music, books, or podcasts.
16. Look to people in your life who inspire and motivate you.
17. Ask close friends and family to help hold you accountable.
18. Follow people who inspire you online.
19. Listen – and dance! – To an upbeat song. Then dive into action when it finishes.
20. Connect with your true potential – you’remore powerfulthan you think.