What I am expecting to happen?
▪ To learn what is the meaning of Simple Machine
▪ To learn what is the meaning of each Simple Machine
▪ To learn what are the examples of each Simple Machine
▪ To learn what are the uses of each Simple Machine
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF SIMPLE MACHINE?
Simple Machine- any of the basic mechanical devices for applying a
force, such as an inclined plane, wedge, or lever.
WHAT ARE THE SIMPLE MACHINES?
▪ Inclined Plane
▪ Wheel and Axle
▪ Gear ofWheels
WHAT IS INCLINED PLANE?
Inclined Plane- is a surface that is
higher at one end than at the
other. It is used to increase the
elevation of a heavy object
without lifting the object directly.
WHAT IS WHEEL AND AXLE AND GEAR OF
Wheel and Axle- is essentially two wheels, the larger
called the wheel and the smaller the axle, joined
together and turning about a common axis.
Gear of Wheels- which an extension of the
principle of the wheel and axle, can act as
multipliers of either force of speed.
WHAT IS PULLEY?
Pulley- is a wheel that turns readily on an axle, which is mounted in a supporting
frame called a block. Pulleys may be fixed or movable. A fixed pulley acts as a first-
class lever, while a movable pulley acts as a second-class lever.
WHAT IS WEDGE?
Wedge- is essentially a double inclined plane. It differs from the inclined plane in
that it s intended to be pushed under or into the load instead of having the load
pushed or pulled up along the plane.
We just want to thank the following:
▪ Microsoft’s PowerPoint 2016
▪ Corel ScreenCap X7
▪ JC’s “Simple Machines” Chart
▪ Google Images
▪ Simple Machine- any basic machine that helps us in our daily lives.
▪ Inclined Plane-use to transfer an object without directly lifting it.
▪ Lever- a rigid bar that is free to turn.
▪ Wheel and Axle- composes of two wheels
▪ Gear of Wheels- extension of the principle of the wheel and axle.
▪ Pulley- a wheel that turns readily on an axle
▪ Wedge- essentially a double inclined plane.
▪ Screw- essentially an inclined plane wrapped around a cylinder.