1. MR. NEWMANN K. A. ANANE-ABOAGYE ACCA, BCOM
P. O. Box CO 4163,
Community 1 - Tema
Tel: 024 3160 165, 026 810 2714
Enthusiastic, Self-motivated and Results driven Finance Professional with over Fourteen years of
invaluable experience in leading and developing successful finance teams. Skilled in numerous
financial and accounting fields, including: preparing annual budgets, monitoring key accounts and
credit control, preparation of financial statements for audits motivating and training my staff for
optimum performance. Having the ability to handle complex assignments effectively and
possessing the confidence to work as part of a team or independently. Newmann, an energetic
team leader and effective communicator is looking forward to an opportunity in a forward thinking
company where he would not only excel, deliver & reach his potential but also be able to contribute
positively to his colleagues, organisation and society in general.
• Good Interpersonal Skills, Team player
• Honest & Good Communication Skills
• Negotiating Skills; Result Oriented
• Good human relations:
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Follow strictly laid down procedures and guidelines
• Proactive and self motivated.
Ghana Institute of Linguistics, Literacy and Bible Translation (GILLBT) November 2011 –
P. O. Box 378, Tamale, Ghana
Director of Advancement November 2016 - Present
• develop, implement and maintain a major donor mobilization platform with robust supporting back-
• develop, implement and maintain a system of selection, development, and monitoring of projects to
• provide financial oversight to assigned Bible translation projects, monitor and report on the status of
budgets, and manage project cash flow, guided by precedent and working within the limits of
2. • Once this National Donor Mobilization Platform has demonstrated “proof of concept” and has robust
functioning back end systems, it may be expanded into a Pan African Major Donor (Christian
Businessmen) Platform that will raise resources to contribute to the ongoing work in the African
Essential duties of Advancement Director:
• Develop, implement, and maintain a major donor mobilization platform – a development task which
will need to be articulated in more detail as it is developed
• Develop robust supporting back end systems to ensure good stewardship of resources,
accountability, timely reporting, and monitoring and evaluation of projects
• Identify and set up an appropriate Constituency Management System software package to ensure
professional management of donor relations.
• Coordinate with Communications and Church Relations staff to ensure professional development
and delivery of marketing materials.
Essential duties of Field Business Analyst
• Collaborate with multiple Field Operations Managers and field partners on assigned Bible translation projects
to facilitate project management for quality results for multiple concurrent projects.
• Play an essential and collaborative role with Field Operations Managers in the planning stages to develop
project proposals, memorandums, budgets, account choices, and reporting guidelines.
• Assist Field Operations Managers with methodology for coding expenses using chart of accounts to maintain
reporting standards. Add new translation projects to database system for continual posting and tracking.
• Monitor project expenditures against budgets, review related documentation for completeness and accuracy,
and investigate major variances. Request additional documentation from Field to consistently maintain
compliance with project reporting guidelines. Report findings to Field Operations Managers and translation
• Monitor project cash flow and budgeted requirements. Schedule transfers with Field Operations Managers,
and request transfer of funds to projects. Coordinate fund transfers with Field Operations Managers and
• Approve reimbursement requests, check requests, and wire requests from Field per guidelines, budgets, and
outstanding balances and submit to Accounting for actioning.
• Update and maintain project database fields, and budget change forms to reflect currently approved activity.
• Communicate with Field Operations Managers to resolve issues related to project expense detail. Work with
project partner representatives as needed to ensure that all parties maintain common understanding of project
• Assist reconciliation of cash, bank, and expense accounts related to projects.
• Process all Project financial information in accounting software.
• Mentor field partners in financial management best practices including the use of software tools, GAAP rules,
financial reporting requirements, data management and governmental regulatory compliance.
Associate Director for Finance and Administration November 2011 – October 2016
• Lead the finance team within the institution, ensuring the provision of the necessary financial and
logistic services and appropriate skills required to achieve current and future financial objectives of the
• Planned and developed the financial structure, policies and procedures of the institute and ensure the
coherence of financial activities.
3. • Ensured that the institute performs its donor and financial responsibilities; including the coordination
and management of external financial reporting.
• Developed financial strategies, formulated policies and efficiently managed the institute’s financial
resources to produce agreed targets on time and within budget.
• Ensured the application of appropriate accounting principles (IFRS and GAAPs) to generate
accounting records that support both operational requirements and external statutory and funding
• Evaluate the cash flow of the institute and advice management and the Executive director on a cause
• Ensured the preparation of Quarterly and Annual financial statements of the institute for audit and any
other Reports required by the Board and donor agencies like DFID and USAID.
• Ensured that all assets of the institute are properly secured and managed using an up-to-date Assets
• Liaised with appropriate sectors/units/departments of the institute to ensure that such operations are
efficiently and effectively managed.
• Established sound cash management systems and procedures for the operations (e.g. Income
Generation Units) of the institute, providing relevant information to facilitate the sourcing of funds.
• Prepared medium and long term plans and Annual Budgets for the institute and ensuring adherence to
Data Link Institute (University College) June 2008 – November 2011
P. O Box 2481, Tema, Ghana
• Oversight responsibility of Account office staff (Supervisory )
• Administered Payroll and ensured that all statutory returns (SSF and PAYE) are prepared and
promptly submitted and paid for promptly
• Ensured that Debtors/Receivables (Students owing) listing is up to date and individuals notified of their
debts (Reconciling Receivables)
• Prepared daily cash flow (Tracking receipts and expenditure ) to ensure the institute was sufficiently
liquid to function in the short to medium term
• Prepared monthly and annual report – Income and Expenditure Account, CashFlow Statement and
Balance sheet (Full financial Statements) for audit
• Prepared annual reports and estimates (Budgets) i.e. Co-ordinate the preparation of Departmental
Budgets and integrate them into an institutional budget (master Budget) to be divided into quarterly
Budgets and monthly budgets.
• Ensure that effective and efficient internal controls and procedures are in place and adhered to by all
• Any other duties assigned by the President, Vice president (HR & Admin)
Parry and Company Limited September 2006 – April 2008
No. 10 Otublohum Street, North Ind. Area, Accra, Ghana
• Reconciling all bank accounts at month end and Reconciling inter – company accounts
• Preparation of annual and monthly budgets and controlling same by the use of variance analysis
• Liaising with the Finance Manager on all export related costing and making the required postings
• Oversight responsibilities over debtors and their reconciliation
• Assisting the Finance Manager to meet all reporting deadlines, quarterly and annually
• Preparing and processing local invoices issued to Magi Trading in Nigeria
• Preparing company Payroll and ensuring the completion and submission of all statutory returns
4. Teledata Limited April 2004 to March 2006
• Prepared Daily Cash Flow Reports;
• Prepared Payroll and ensured that all statutory returns (PAYE and SSF) are filed promptly;
• Prepared Monthly Reconciliations of Receivables and Payable ledgers
• Prepared Bank Reconciliations and liaised with the bankers to resolve all banking related issues;
• Prepared of Monthly Financial Reports;
• Supervised the work of three (3) other Accounts office Staff;
• Assisted and Supported Group Financial Controller and Managing Director with all other issues
pertaining to the Finances in the company (Including the management of the Working Capital of
Centre For the Development of People (CEDEP) April 2003-March 2004
Programme Officer - Finance
• Planned and prepared the Organisations budgets in conjunction of Programme Managers and the
Account team for approval by the Board of Trustees;
• Prepared periodic Financial Accounts for the organisation;
• Prepared daily and weekly routines and reports i.e. Weekly Cash Reports and supervised the
preparation of Payment Vouchers and writing of Cheques;
• Prepared and Submitted monthly Income tax and social security fund returns to the I.R.S. and the
• Prepared monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements and liaised with the bank in the resolution of all
banking related issues;
• Prepared monthly, quarterly and annual Project Reports for Partners (Both Local and Foreign);
including USAID, DANIDA, Save the Children etc.
• Supervised the work of Finance Assistants (One Programme Officer and 3 Assist. Programme
• Kept Staff Loan Schedules and Monitor their movements;
• Managed the Organisations Provident fund scheme from the Finance office;
• Prepared and ensured the payment of Staff Salaries (Payroll);
Ghana Baptist Theological Seminary July 2001-Mar 2003
• Formulated financial policies for approval by the Finance Committee of the Trustees;
• Administered and implemented all approved policies and ensuring adequacy of such policies;
• Took measures, to promote efficient and effective accounting records keeping.
• Supervised and approved prepared Bank Reconciliation Statements by accounts officers;
• Updated and Advised the principal at least once a week on the financial status of the institution;
• Prepared the payroll and ensured the submission of PAYE and SSNIT returns on time;
• Prepare periodic financial reports for the consideration of the governing council (Trustees).
• Assist the principal in drawing the institutions annual Budgets for the Council’s approval.
• Assist the principal in supervising the non-academic Staff of the seminary;
October 2015 Sikkim Manipal University – Academic City College, Accra
MBA – Finance
* Best MBA Finance Student
5. December 2013 Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
Member: February 2015
Sept 1994 – Aug 1998 University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast
Bachelor of Commerce Second (2nd
) Class Upper (Honours)
June 1991- June 1992 Accra Workers’ College GCE ‘A’ Levels Aggregate 5
September 1985 – December 1989 Mars Business College, Dansoman
GCE ‘O” Level
RSA Stage II
OTHER EDUCATION & TRAINING
Inside NGO: USAID Rules & Regulations: Grants & Cooperation Agreements
ACCA Ghana: Sustainability reporting for the Oil and Gas industry
Tax and Compliance
MBA Research: A critical appraisal of risk management tools used by financial institutions:
Bachelor Research: Working Capital Management in Oil Marketing Companies (Elf (GH) Ltd
• Sage Accpac,
• Microsoft office Applications
• Sun Accounting System
• Tally, Orient and Pastel
Dr Paul Opoku-Mensah
Ghana Institute of Linguistics, Literacy and
Bible Translation (GILLBT)
Box 378, Tamale.
Tel: 0501303285 / 0265007655
Ghana Telecom University College
Tel : (020) 5619526
Bola-Sadipe, Xapic & Co,