SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
• Rizal lived in exile far-away Dapitan.
• He practiced medicine, pursued scientific
studies, continued his artistic and literary
works, widened his knowledge of languages,
established school for boys, promoted
community development projects for making
bricks, and engaged in farming and commerce.
Beginning of Exile in Dapitan
• The steamer Cebu which brought Rizal to
Dapitan carried a letter from Father Pablo
Pastelles. To Father Antonio Obach.
Following conditions so that Rizal can
live at the Parish Convent
• That Rizal publicly retract his errors
concerning religion, and make statements that
were clearly pro-Spanish and against
• That he perform the church rites and make
general confession of his past life.
• That henceforth he conduct himself in an
exemplary manner as a Spanish subject and a
man of religion.
• A Don Ricardo Carnicero a poem wrote by
Rizal on August 26,1892 for the occasion of
the captain’s birthday.
When in Manila Lottery
• September 21, 1892
- The mail boat Butuan was approaching the
town of Dapitan.
- Captain Carniciero, Dr. Jose Rizal and Francisco
Equilior won the second prize of 20,000 pesos.
Rizal-Pastelles Debate on Religion
• In all his letters to Father Pastelles, Rizal
revealed his anti Catholic ideas which he had
acquired in Europe and embitterment at his
persecution by the bad friars.
• According to Rizal, individual judgment is a gift
from God and everybody should use it like a
lantern to show the way and that self-esteem,
if moderated by the judgment, saves man
from unworthy acts.
• Imitacion de Cristo or Imitation of Christ a
famous Catholic book by Father Thomas a
Kempis. Father Pastelles gave the book to
Rizal Challenges a Frenchman to a Duel
• Mr. Juan Lardet a businessman, this man
purchased many from the lands of Rizal.
Rizal and Father Sanchez
• Estudios sobre la lengua tagala or Studies on
The Tagalog Language a tagalog grammar
which Rizal wrote and which he dedicated to
his beloved former teacher.
Idyllic Life in Dapitan
• In Dapitan, Rizal had an exemplary life, idyllic
in serenity. Since august 1893, member of his
family took turns in visiting him in order to
assuage his loneliness in the isolated outpost
of Spanish power in the Moroland
• December 19, 1893 – describing his life in
Dapitan Rizal wrote to Blumentritt
Rizal Encounter with the friar’s
• November 1893 Rizal was living peacefully
and hapilily at his house in talisay kilometer
away from Dapitan . His mother , sister
narcisa and Trinidad and some nephews were
then living with him. His blissful life was then
suddenly jolted by a strange incident
involving spy of the friars.
Physician in Dapitan
• Rizal practised medecine in dapitan he had
many patients but most of them were poor so
that he even gave them free medecine.
August 1893 his mother and sister maria arrived
in dapitan and lived with him for one year an a
Community project for dapitan
• Rizal arrived in Dapitan he decided to improve
to the best of his God given talent and to
awaken the civic consciousness of its people
Hymm to talisay
• Rizal conducted his school at his home in
talisay near dapitan where he had his farm
• He wrote the a poem entittle “Himno A Talisay
“ for his pupils to sing
Contribution to science
• Rizal found Mindanao a rich virgin field for
• He sent these specimens to the museum of
Europe especially the Dresden museum
• Rizal continued his studies of language
• In dapitan learned the bisayan sub anum and
Artistic works in dapitan
• He contribute his painting skills to the sister of
charity who were preparing the sactuary of
the holy virgin in their private chapel
Rizal as Farmer
• Rizal devoted much of his time to agriculture
he brought 16 hectares of land in talisay
where he built his home, school and hospital
and planted cacao coffee sugarcane coconut
and fruits trees