Nasr Salim AL-Omiari
Address: Muscat, Al Amerat, Block 4, 3342
Postal Box.73, Postal Code 121, Ruwi, Sultanate of Oman
Mobile Number: +968-95933848
To obtain a challenging position in the fields of accounting, auditing and management
advisory, in a well-established organization, where I can fully utilize my knowledge,
skills and experience; and add upon them.
• B.Sc. in Accounting, College of Commerce and Economics at Sultan Qaboos
University, the Sultanate of Oman. (Graduated in June 2010), Overall
Sample of Subjects Studied: Financial Statements Analysis, Auditing,
Taxation, Accounting Information systems, 6 detailed Financial Accounting
subjects, 4 detailed Management Accounting subjects, Technical writing and
• Academic Honors and Awards:
- Two certificates of excellence from the administration of Sultan
Qaboos University signed by the university president for excellent
academic performance and achieving distinction grads in the academic
years 2008/2009 and 2007/2008. (27/December/2009),
- Awarded by the annual trip as a grand from His Majesty Sultan
Qaboos for the excellent students, for outstanding academic
performance at Sultan Qaboos University, to China (June 2008).
- Four recognition certificates of excellent academic performance and
distinction from the dean office of the College of Commerce and
Economics at Sultan Qaboos University. (September 2009) (12th April
2008), (5th August 2008), (5th September 2007).
- Being in the Dean's List of Horner and distinction in the College of
Commerce and Economics at Sultan Qaboos University for more than
one academic year (2007, 2008, and 2009).
2. Work Experience:
1-Muscat Electricity Distribution Company (MEDC), (January, 2011–December,
2011), As Fixed Asset Accountant in Finance department. www. medcoman.com.
• Monitors and reconciles ledger accounts to support account reconciliation and
month-end reporting procedures.
• Prepares monthly bank reconciliation to reconcile book balances v bank
balances and records adjustments properly.
• Prepares monthly LPO cash forecasts for LPO contracts in support to the AP
• Supports the receivables reconciliation between Oracle & Muscat Electricity
Distribution Company Service provider billing system to ensure generation of
accurate financial reports.
• Maintains the Fixed Asset Register on a regular basis to keep the records up to
date and ensure that all journal/adjusting/closing entries are done properly.
• Performs accounts analyses, assists in the Department budgetary exercise,
provides support for the preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual
financial/MIS/statutory reportorial requirements of MEDC and generates other
accounting-related reports required by the Department and other end-users in
order to aid management with useful and timely financial information.
• Ensure that supplier invoices are supported by the approvals, evidence of the
goods/service received and that supplier and purchasing records reflect all
transactions and process payments timely and accurately.
• Implement financial and accounting policies, systems, processes and controls
for the finance department.
• To ensure accurate and timely data entry into the records including addition,
deletion, and retirement of fixed assets, to treat all fixed assets under the
Company’s Accounting Policies to ensure accurate and timely data entry and
tagging of all move orders related to the fixed assists, to ensure financial and
accounting adjustments in the fixed assets and create appropriate and
necessary budgeting for all fixed assets.
• To ensure accurate data availability for all fixed assets of the company as and
when required by the management.
• To prepare all the purchase requisitions for fixed assets including routine and
project related requisitions in a timely and accurate manner for the smooth
delivery of fixed assets at company premises
• To reconcile all fixed assets data at month end and to ensure materially correct
and timely reconciliations in order to ensure materially correct closing of
books of accounts with update information regarding fixed assets
• To physically inspect all fixed assets of the company, to keep track of
locations of all the fixed assets of the company and ensure timely materially
correct record updating to check the condition and location of all fixed assets
of the company.
3. 2-Muscat Electricity Distribution Company (MEDC), (January, 2012–June,
2015), As Projects Accountant in Projects department. www. medcoman.com.
Worked as a focal point between the Project & Finance Departments.
• Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that
compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
• Advise management about issues such as resource the assumptions underlying
• Creating the temporary purchase orders for reserving money in the system.
• Dealing directly with most suppliers and consultants who are performing
• Got exposure to how to deal with Oracle system.
• Working closely with project manager to set up the budget, facilitate the
billing process and perform cost assessments for a particular project.
• Providing financial analyses on which management may base decisions about
project development and other matters
• Communicating with different technical and managerial professionals.
• Coordinating with the engineers for future project planning.
• Instating the job completion certificates & asset breakups to capitalize finished
projects in terms of the proper asset account register.
• Prepare weekly/monthly progress reports of the project’s stages.
• Analysis and evaluate of consultancy and contractors bids in terms of their
offers, CVs and past experience.
• Study, analysis and prepare the variation/time extension orders depends on
each project’s situations.
• Follows the project with other engineers and report the status of execution.
3-Muscat Electricity Distribution Company (MEDC), (July, 2015- Onwards), As
Projects Budget Controller in Projects Delivery Unit. www. medcoman.com.
• Control & monitor the cash follow of capital projects of MEDC based on their
planned budgets and milestones.
• Work closely with projects team to set up the budget, for coming new projects
and for WIP projects.
• Certify different cases of invoices for all projects financially & analyzing
integrity of those payments through the attached supported documents.
• Contribute in capitalization process and assist Finance Department to
capitalize the finished projects in the proper asset account register.
4. • Analyze the budgets in monthly basis, check withier we met our budget
exceptions or not & identify any issues faces us and try to overcome it in
• Prepare periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
• Contribute in preparing the annual report especially in financial section
comparing the current financial performance with the previous year in pivot
tables and pivot or pie charts.
• Prepare monthly progress reports of the project’s status.
• Deal directly with most suppliers and consultants who are performing
MEDC’s projects to facilitate their payments and solve their related issues.
• Assist the Senior Manager, Projects Delivery Unit; giving him a clear picture
about how is the financial performance of the all units & prepare quarterly
reports compares our certified payments with actual payments. That will give
an idea on which management may base decisions about the projects
development and other matters.
• Best Employee of the company certificate received. ( Certificate Enclosed)
Petroleum Development Oman (PDO), ( 26 June 2010 – 25 August 2010 ), As a
stock checker in interior (Fahud). www.pdo.co.om.
The College of Commerce and Economics at Sultan Qaboos University has
chosen me for a summer internship to be done in PDO for summer 2010 in interior
area (Fahud). The selection was based on academic performance measures. The
training was an extensive exposure to the work done in the Procurements &
• Got exposure to how to deal with SAP system.
• Got knowledge of the main method of auditing PDO’s stocks
• How to order and issue stocks
• How to manage the difference of items quantities between SAP and
• Dealing with people around me in accordance to complete my job
• Learning Auditing basis of PDO Company generally.
5. Oman Shipping Company (OSC), ( 18 September 2010 – 8 December 2010), As
an accountant. www.omanship.co.om.
Worked in the Finance Department in the Reporting, Accounts & Payables
• Got exposure to how to deal with Danaos system.
• Handling invoices in the Payments section.
• Assisted in feeding the system with invoices information.
• Assisted in verifying and approving of payments of invoices.
• Assisted in initiating purchase orders as requested by other departments
after reviewing quotations provided and approvals.
• Assisted in making advance payments were applicable and allowed,
applying them in the system, and accounting for the differences between
prepayments and actual amounts.
• Assisted in feeding the system with journal entries to modify any wrong
• Assisted in issuing checks and wire transfer vouchers for payments of
suppliers or employees.
Training & Courses:
• Attended Business Report Writing course from 21st
• Attended an Effective Communication Skills course from 6th
• Attended Project Management Professional (PMP) course from 21st
• Attended an Effective Work Force course from 8th
Skills and Abilities (evidenced by my studies and training experiences) .
• Aggressive towards challenging and exciting work environment.
• Aptitude for learning.
• Compatibility and flexibility to work anywhere under challenging
• Dynamic and adaptable.
• Keenness to continuously acquire knowledge and skills in the emerging trend.
• Team player, easily get along with others.
• Ability to get the work done before time & help peers.