2. What is Talent Management?
• Talent management is the
systematic process of identifying
the vacant position, hiring the
suitable person, developing the
skills and expertise of the person
to match the position and
retaining him to achieve long-term
3. Purpose of Talent Management
• To compete effectively in a complex and dynamic envirment to
achieve sustainable growth.
• To develop leader for tomorrow from within an organization.
• To maximize employee performance as a unique source of
5. • Planning:
• Planning is the initial step in the process of Talent Management. It involves the
following Identifying the human capital requirement.
• Developing the job description and key roles.
• Proposing a workforce plan for recruitment.
• Deciding whether the source of recruitment should be internal or external and
seeking for the suitable individuals to fill in the vacant positions through Job
Portals such as Naukri.com, Timesjob.com, etc.
• Social Network such as LinkedIn and Twitter.
6. • Selecting:
• Recruiting and selecting the personnel. It involves the following steps Scheduling
written test and interviews.
• Scrutinizing the most suitable candidate for the profile.
• In this stage, the employee is prepared according to and for the organization and
the profile. Following are the steps involved in the process Carrying out an
onboarding program or an orientation program.
• Enhancing the skills, aptitude and proficiency of the personnel to match the
• Counselling, guiding, coaching, educating, mentoring employees and job rotation.
7. • Retaining:
• Employee retention is essential for any organizational existence and survival.
Following are the ways of employee retention Promotions and increments.
• Providing opportunities for growth by handing over special projects.
• Participative decision making.
• Teaching new job skills.
• Identifying the individual’s contribution and efforts.
• Talent management aims at the overall transformation of the employees to
achieve the organizational vision. It can be done through Retirement benefits to
• Conducting exit interview.
• Succession Planning or Internal Promotions.
9. "Talent Management" has become one of the
most important buzzwords in corporate HR and
training today. Organizations know that they
must have the best talent in order to succeed in
the hyper competitive and increasingly complex
global economy. They must manage talent as a
critical resource to achieve the best possible
results in the long run.