1. Phone: (+44) 07789008973
22 Connaught road
I am an enthusiastic, confident person with a proven record of succeeding in high pressure,
dynamic environments. Through my 5 years industrial experience combined with my current
academic training I believe I will be a valuable member of your team. I want to obtain the position
of Geo-environmental consultant so I can apply my education, supervision and project
management skills to the diverse portfolio held by your company.
Oct 2011-July 2016 Geophysicist CGG/Fugro Seismic
Key responsibilities –
• Resolved problems during seismic processing, using my skills and training to identify and
report issues. This includes acquisition problems, noise attenuation, seismic noise and
• Lead role in testing sequences and developing new processing solutions.
• Succeeded in high-stakes situations, often working long hours covering a wide range of
tasks offshore and in the office.
• Managed projects from start to finish, working with clients and colleagues to develop the
best processing sequence for their needs. This includes report and presentation writing.
• Worked in the field and thriven working independently in remote locations.
Oct 2016 – Present MSc Applied Environmental
• Designed and executed geotechnical, geophysical, hydrogeological and
geoenvironmental site and laboratory investigations, analysed the data and developed
remedial solutions for geoenvironmental problems.
• Co-Chairman of the Staff student committee, chairing meetings and conveying issues
raised by the students to staff members
• Extensive knowledge of numerical tools to model real-world geotechnical problems.
• The course developed my communication and teamwork skills by group based field trips
and lavatories exercises.
• Gained knowledge on the core scientific principles and concepts of soil/rock mechanics,
water flow, and the pollution of soil, water and air.
2. 2008-2011 BSc Marine Geoscience (2.1) Plymouth University
• A unique combination of academic knowledge and hands-on survey techniques.
• I gained invaluable experience in exploring and interpreting the geology of marine and
• Knowledge of a wide variety of sedimentary environments, from the littoral zone to the
• Subjects including: sedimentology, hydrographic and geophysical surveying, petrology,
mineralogy, paleontology and micropaleontology, and geophysics.
A levels – Geology, Chemistry and Geology, AS level – Maths, GCSE’s – 10 A*-C
• ARC GIS, Global
• CorelDRAW X5
• Surfer 11
• Microsoft Excel, Word,
• Uniseis, Promax
• AutoCAD 2015
• CODA GeoSurvey
• Full, clean, UK
• Qualified Emergency,
Offshore and Outdoor
• BASI Level 1
snowboard and ski
Hobbies and other interests
I am BASI qualified snowboard and ski instructor and volunteer part time at Cardiff dry slope,
helping with big group and kids parties. I am also a qualified mountain boarding instructor and I
participated in national competitions and mountain boarding weekends. During the summers of
2009 and 2011, I was head of biking at a summer camp in America, teaching children to ride
bikes, coaching them in road safety and leading cycling trips. Other outdoor activities I enjoy
include: hiking, skateboarding, rock climbing, hockey, rugby, cycling and horse riding. I play the
banjo and trumpet as a soloist, in local bands and in concert and jazz orchestras, this allows me
to express my creativity.
Available on request