1. Curriculum Vitae - Michael J Harrison
I am an enthusiastic and professional individual who enjoys being part of, as well as leading a successful
and productive team. Quick to learn new skills and concepts and able to use these along with my own
initiative to create solutions to challenging business situations. Possess the ability to motivate others in
order to achieve goals while maintaining a high level of team performance. I am able to work well under
pressure and still maintain a high level of concentration and effectiveness.
April 2015 to present Tactical Solutions
Position Held: Regional Business Development Manager
After winning the contract for Burtons Biscuits I moved to a business development role in wholesale utilizing
my 17 years of experience in the industry. I am currently looking after Landmark buying group as well as
the Bestway and Batleys group in the north of England. As well as the below I do all the central ordering for
Parfetts and Batleys. Duties include:
Managing customer relations across all regional accounts within territory.
Driving national agreements and ensure 100% compliance.
Developing local agreements that will drive regional consumer pull.
Managing local spend within agreed parameters, budget responsibility within regional accounts
for below the line advertising spend.
Driving distribution and volume within both existing accounts and new business where the
business don’t have a presence.
Driving and delivering real category management solutions.
Being the regional expert in my area and reporting all intelligence back to head office.
Owning and managing all communications within the customer and to the relevant NAMs and
field sales team.
Demonstrating strong selling skills while understanding key business drivers to articulate to
Grown the Parfetts account by 6% revenue and 5% profit
Supported Bestway growth of 6% revenue and 4% profit
Won the mad Hatter award for outstanding contribution and performance in my current role
2. April 2013 April 2015 Tactical Solutions
Position Held: Territory Sales Manager
Working on the convenience channel selling a range of different products to the independent
retailers to get NPD and availability for a portfolio of different clients. Reporting directly to the
Regional Sales Manager on a daily basis reporting results, new business opportunities and
feedback for our clients.
Supporting the Top 4 grocery channel to achieve the objectives of our clients. That may be
anything from NPD to driving sales through existing brands via improved execution in store
depending on the client’s requirements. My aim is to maximize every opportunity in store
through a vast knowledge of in store systems together with my strong in store relationships.
• Achieved and exceeded targets as per my KPIs and got in to the top 10 in the company.
• I am now regularly accompanied by clients on behalf of the business and potential new clients
to showcase what we can do for their brands in store.
• I am also the regional opportunities champion for my region and report to senior management
on a weekly basis with potential opportunities and new business leads.
2010 to 2012 Booker Wholesale Haydock
Position Held: Branch Manager
Daily operation of a £25m turnover Branch and 40 Colleagues, leading the team to ensure the
Branch is trading efficiently, safely and within legal constraints while offering the highest
customer service standards.
Accountability for planning all budgeted costs including payroll, shrinkage, wastage, bad debt
and for building safeguards and monitoring to ensure targets are achieved.
Recruitment, induction, training and all other HR responsibility within Branch.
Responsible for all aspects of Health and Safety and all Food Safety.
Focusing on range, merchandising and availability to provide the best Customer proposition.
Manage stock loss, payroll and other Branch related costs to achieve targets.
Accountable for ensuring net profit and customer satisfaction results are achieved.
Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and setting challenging targets.
Use commercial awareness and gain a better understanding of the local market.
Manage, performance, coach and develop my team where appropriate.
Grow profitable delivered business to enhance branch collect performance.
Managing a suite of monthly KPI’s to maintain focus on strategic objectives.
Management of credit facilities and anti-money laundering regulations.
Promoting new business initiatives to Customers to improve loyalty.
Developing new business.
• Adapted Branch operations and floor plan to be able to integrate the newly acquired Classic
3. Drinks business into the Booker operation.
• Generated additional sales and profit by implementing a new business plan aimed at refocusing
the business at high margin catering sales generating 16% net profit growth year on year.
2003 to 2010 Booker Wholesale Chester
Position Held: Branch Manager
• Responsible to the Area Manager for the operation of a £30m turnover store and 47 colleagues.
• Accountability for all cost controls including payroll, shrinkage, wastage, bad debt.
• Recruitment, induction, training and all other HR responsibility within my store.
• Ensuring working methods and basic action routines are effective to provide a high level of
standards, service and availability.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to enable strong successful relationships with customers through to
• Strong leadership skills to lead my team with a positive approach to achieve results.
• Responsible for all aspects of Health and Safety and all Food Safety Regulations to ensure my
store is always operating Safe, Secure and Legal.
• Accountable for ensuring net profit and customer satisfaction results are achieved.
• Management of credit facilities.
• Led the team responsible for the complete refit and re-lay of the Branch during a 20 week
project that was to be the blueprint for future Branch refits, completed the task on time and
produced 12% growth year on year.
1997 to 2003 Booker Wholesale Northwich
Position Held: Deputy General Manager
As above but in a £10m turnover branch with 19 colleagues and a much more hands on role. As this was
my first appointment it was a fantastic opportunity to put in to practice everything I had covered in my
training and gain all the necessary skills to move in to a bigger role in the future.
• Transformed the Store from declining sales and profit in to growth every year I was there.
• Implemented the required working practices to ensure the store was Safe, Secure and Legal.
• Green audits rather than red under the previous management.
• Improved customer satisfaction.
• Food safety compliance.
1995 to 1997 Booker Wholesale Farnworth
Position Held: Trainee Manager
Completed an extensive training program covering all aspects of the business. Training included;
Health and Safety
Food Safety Regulations
4. Education & Training: BTEC National Diploma in Construction.
BCS (hons) Degree in Construction Management.
ISM certificate (Institute for Supervision and Management).
FLT Licence Holder (Counterbalance and Reach).
Food Hygiene Certificate
First Aid Certificate
IT Skills - Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Contact details: 71 Chester Avenue
Bolton BL3 1XE
Tel: 07805 047301
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
References are available on request