1. MICHAEL J. GEERS
Project Management & Retail Storefront Implementation
( 614-593-6894 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Leadership | Strategic Direction | Resource Management | Vendor Relationship Management
Storefront Implementation | Technology Management | Business & Technical Acumen | Team Building
Results driven project manager with 25+ years of diverse experience including technology development and
implementation, application ownership, communications, and retail storefront development. Adept at building and
maintaining vendor relationships and coordinating diverse teams and resources to meet or exceed objectives.
Strong strategic planning, tactical implementation, issue resolution, and people management skills.
Nationwide Insurance - Columbus, OH 2010 - Present
Business Consultant, Field Operations - Company Owned
• Perform analytical and demographic research within targeted markets to define specific location
opportunities for new company owned retail sales offices.
• Collaborate with Nationwide Corporate Real Estate to identify and select properties for new locations.
• Partner with Corporate Real Estate project managers and external contractors to represent business unit
during the construction, build-out, and implementation of new locations.
• Manage multiple vendor relationships and decision-making related to interior and exterior branding, to
ensure a consistent customer experience across all locations.
• Perform continuous process analysis and improvement to identify opportunities for efficiencies and value
engineering in the identification and implementation of new locations.
• Provide day-to-day support of existing locations and serve as liaison between business unit leadership and
Corporate Real Estate for all maintenance, leasing, and location operation activities.
Nationwide Insurance - Columbus, OH 2006 - 2010
Director, Sales Business Solutions
• Provided strategic direction and leadership on small and large-scale technology projects impacting the
Nationwide sales organization.
• Served as business owner for front-end agency applications including AOA, Agent Gateway, and National
• Directed and managed the work efforts of large staff focused on business leadership, requirements
development, and User Acceptance Testing on sales technology projects.
• Developed and managed multiple resource and project budgets in excess of $25M, including budget
development, tracking, reporting, and monthly forecasting.
• Managed multiple vendor relationships, ensuring successful integration with in-house technology solutions
and a positive, cost effective solution for our Nationwide agents and other internal customers.
Nationwide Insurance - Columbus, OH 2004 - 2006
Senior Business Consultant, Sales Integration
• Provided strategic leadership and sales subject matter expertise on large-scale technology integration
project impacting multiple technology solutions, business units, and end-users.
Nationwide Insurance - Columbus, OH 2000 - 2004
Systems Manager, Distribution Solutions
• Managed day-to-day operations and served as application owner for multiple technology solutions,
including Loss Reserving and Actuarial systems.
• Directed day-to-day activities of internal and external (consulting) staff of 24+ associates, including
offshore technology consultants.
• Managed multiple resource and infrastructure budgets in excess of $10 million to within 3% of forecasts.
• Managed multiple vendor relationships.
2. MICHAEL J. GEERS, p.2 ( 614.593.6894 * email@example.com
Nationwide Insurance - Columbus, OH 1998 - 2000
Business Consultant, Agency Technology/Nationwide Global
• Defined and managed business implementation strategies of multiple large-scale technology initiatives
providing significant efficiency and ease-of-use benefit to Nationwide exclusive agents.
• Managed communications and participated in business requirements development for project focused on
providing mobile capabilities to Nationwide Agents and Sales Managers.
• Scheduled and conducted field sales force presentations across all regions and managed communications,
implementation, and reporting for new agent contract.
• Served as subject matter and application expert for the implementation of technology solutions supporting
international operations of Nationwide Insurance.
• In partnership with international staff, defined requirements, participated in solution development and
testing, and wrote and conducted training courses for implementation of Siebel contact management
Nationwide Insurance - Columbus, OH 1996 - 1998
Communications Consultant, Agency On Line
• Managed all communication activities for project focused on development and implementation of new PC
based technology platform for Nationwide Agencies.
• Developed presentations and marketing materials, including identifying and securing vendors for design,
printing, and video production.
• Scheduled and conducted field sales force presentations across all regions over 2 year time period to
introduce new systems and provide detailed implementation activities.
Nationwide Insurance - Columbus, OH 1989 - 1996
Meeting Services/Audio Visual Support
• Provided graphic and video presentation support to all levels of Nationwide staff including slide creation,
video production, and video editing.
• Provided planning, staging, and communications support for all Nationwide corporate incentive meetings.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Sinclair Community College - AAS Graphic Design, 1987
Franklin University - Management Information Systems
Nationwide Insurance - Ethics at Nationwide, Information Security & Privacy, On Your Side Continuous
Improvement, The Customer Experience, Creating A Mindset For Change, Diversity & Inclusion, Introduction To
Project Management, Project Risk Management, PMP Exam Prep
Quickly learn new technologies. Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Adobe Illustrator and
Adobe Photoshop. Familiar with CAD software fundamentals.
Volunteer - Mid Ohio Food Bank
Health & Wellness - Runner (completed Tough Mudder, Warrior Dash, training for Cap City Half Marathon), Self-
Taught Barefoot Water-skier, Fitness Enthusiast
n n n