1. Melissa M Bailey
235 Lake Meadows Dr.
Rockwall, TX 75087
Objective: Organized, enthusiastic quick study with great ability to multi task and problem-solve seeks an
accounts payable, accounts receivable, administration, or management.
Organized and Motivated: Skilled in maintaining order amidst chaos and ever- changing challenges. Able
multi-task long and short term priorities to generate desired results
Expert in customer relations Processed credit card disputes
Strong communication skills
Pivot tables/excel experience Knowledge of 3-Way matching
Complex problem solving Worked with pivot tables
Peachtree proficiency Processed Payroll
Adobe software Processed payments from vendors
Made payments to vendors Familiar with SAP as well as
Microsoft Dynamics Effective time
management Familiar with PeopleSoft and Oracle
and Great Plains
Supervised a team of 12 customer service representatives Accounts Payable drop ship
experience/V Look up Insurance verification
Gained authorization for home health patients
Experience with Intacct
Track record of successfully dealing with difficult personalities to resolve dissatisfaction.
Accounts Payable Specialist/Lead/Disbursements - Service King Collision Repair
June 2014- Current
● In this role I had numerous responsibilities that required
great time management
● Worked in the system Intacct on a daily basis. I ran daily
check runs for over 300 shops as well as corporate/Overhead/
and utilities. I also cut manual and “fast” checks for shops with
vendors waiting for payment.
● Processed credit applications for signature by the controller
2. ● I worked with excel on a daily basis as well as Vlook ups and pivot
● Set up vendors and payment terms
● Worked on 1099 projects
● Sent blank check stock to shops for printing checks at location
● Voided and reissued checks
● Sent positive pay file to the bank daily
● Posted checks and refunds to the correct account/Repair order
● Processed and posted any returned checks from the bank
● Entered invoices for payment
● Reconciled vendor statement and returned checks spreadsheets
● Took calls from irate vendors
● Exported invoices from our company program into Intacct
● Processed ACH payments daily
● Helped the field by cleaning vendor account and issuing checks
● Reconciled accounts
● Processed journal entries
● Sent weekly reports to the accounting team for invoices “stuck”
In the system and could not export for payment
● Troubleshot all invoices that are not exporting and fixing them
So that they will get picked up for payment
Accounts Payable Specialist/ Credit Analyst/ Accounts Receivable- Beacon Hill Financial
January 2014- June 2014
● In this role, I performed full cycle accounts payable tasks
● Processed new invoices as well as validated invoices in system
● Performed check runs as well as ran reports requested
● Contacted vendors regarding payment inquiries as well as researched
● Processed wires as well as ACH payments
● Sent invoices to correct parties to approve payment
● Processed through workflow/SAP system
● Worked in PeopleSoft and Oracle performing A/R duties
● Made collection calls for past due accounts
Accounts Payable Specialist/Referral Intake Coordinator/Primary Homecare Supervisor-
Physicians Choice Homecare
August 2013- January 2014
● Took calls from Physicians offices, hospitals, and rehab facilities
● Verified insurance eligibility
● Gathered clinical documentation in order to request insurance authorization
● Took all referrals for entire company, researched, processed into computer
● Called patients to verify demographics
● Called primary care physicians offices to get verbal orders for home health
● Scheduled nurses, physical, speech, and occupational therapy for all patients
● Communicated well with social workers and case managers at hospitals,
● Ran monthly and weekly marketing and authorization reports
● Requested authorization as well as input into computer so patients could be
3. ● Entered time sheets via computer for employees
● Processed payroll, ran background checks on potential employees
● Handled all new employee orientations as well as scheduled interviews
Accounts Payable Clerk- Trend Personnel
February 2013 to August 2013 Intermittently
Woot, Inc/Amazon - Carrollton, TX
● Processed payroll, entered invoices, ran Crystal reports, worked on projects
● Contacted vendors and contractors for invoices in order to process checks.
● Scanned, coded, entered, and filed invoices as well as statements and
● Experience with pivot tables and three way matching as well as researching
drop ship orders.
● Posted payments from other vendors, handled credit card disputes, charge-
backs, expense reports, and ran sales department's daily stats.
● Processed all non-PO invoices as well as called vendors to make payments.
● Scanned and deposited checks into the company's accounts.
● Calculated figures such as: discounts, percentage allocations and credit and
verified details of transactions; including funds received and total account
● Coded the general ledger and processed vendor invoice payments
● Deposited third party checks, as well as monthly reserve transfers.
● Revamped accounting quality system to prepare for important audits.
● Coordinated approval processes of all accounts payable invoices.
● Conducted month-end balance sheet reviews and reconciled any variances.
● Researched and resolved billing and invoice problems.
Provider Service Rep United
April 2012 to September 2012
Healthcare - Richardson, TX
● Verified health benefits and explained coverage to providers as needed.
● Researched medical claims to find out why they over paid or did not pay then
work with providers to correct errors.
● Processed medical claims and corrected claims.
● Handled Explanation of Benefits forms
● Health Insurance Benefits and Claims: Verified benefits and explained
Property Preservation Specialist/ Invoice/ Accounts payable/Payroll/Office Manager
August 2008 to December 2010
KDS Properties - Rowlett, TX
● Worked with realtors on houses going through foreclosure.
● Scheduled contractors to work on houses.
● Processed pictures of work in order to pay contractors.
● Issued paychecks and entered scanned, coded, and filed invoices.
● In charge of payroll for the company as well as accounts payable and
Specialist/Accounts Payable-Customer Care Advocate
December 2006 to July 2007
Xerox Capital Services GE Commercial Finance - Lewisville, TX
● Financial: Handled client’s contracts and verified pricing.
4. ● Granted credit accounts, raised limits, closed accounts
● Processed payments and billing on accounts.
● Researched billing errors to correct errors, posted payments as well as
accounts payable duties
Customer Service Specialist
January 2004 to January 2005
GE-Consumer Finance - Frisco, TX
● Took calls from credit card holders.
● Researched billing errors, raised credit limit, ran applications for credit, took
posted payments, opened and closed accounts.
Customer Service Manager
February 2004 to November 2005
Dependable Auto Shippers - Mesquite, TX
● Exceptional Customer Service Skills
● Strong Communication skills to understand customers needs and provided
● Successfully dealt with difficult personalities to resolve dissatisfaction
● Supervised a team of 12 customer service representatives
● Trained new CSR's, helped in the hiring decision of prospective
employees, data entry, and answered irate and escalated calls
High School Diploma 1997
West Mesquite High School - Mesquite, TX,