Md. Shariful Islam
3113 Promontory Cir San Ramon, CA 94583 (718)269-9743 firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit LinkedIn profile for updated information: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=50295047&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER/ TECHNOLOGY LEADER/ ENGINEERING ARTIST
A dynamic Technology Leader, Entrepreneur, and 3D Artist seeks to bring 10+ years of progressive
experiences. Proven record in forming of successful high-level leadership, management, data analysis, sales &
marketing, cost reduction, staff training, team building and startups. Strong history of coordinating cross-functional
teams to plan and execute a wide range of complex projects, initiatives, and procedures. Skilled in software lifecycle
control, data management, server optimization, e-commerce, VoIP phone, prepaid calling card platform, 3D animation
and more. Diligent and goal-oriented with skills, training, and hands-on experiences needed to make an immediate
positive impact as a part of any fast-paced team/ company.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Agile/ Waterfall Environment
Website & Ecommerce
Big Data Analysis
Sale, Marketing & Business Development
Detail Oriented Problem Solving
Leadership & Decision Making
Team Building and Development
VoIP & Asterisk Phone
Prepaid Calling Card
SIP Block Termination
Project/ Excel/ Word/Power Point
Photoshop/ After Effect/ Acrobat
Python/ C/ C++
Autodesk Maya/ Avid
CATIA/ ANSYS/ ANOVIA
Education and Training
Masters of Business Administration, Executive MBA - University of Chicago Booth School of Business, IN (Mar 2018)
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering - Stony Brook University (SBU), Stony Brook, NY (May 2006)
Country Director (work remotely) – Advanced Internet Technologies, NC January 2016 – Present
- Opened an oversee office for sales, marketing, business development, technical support and operation.
- Accountable for prior business challenges, current operations, future business expansion and decision-making.
- Provided business development, sales and marketing plans as well as engineering and technical support.
- Increased sales by 20 %, which led to a new strategy for marketing and business development.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and executing logistic support for all teams.
- Attained 7 times reduction in cost of personnel compensation, overhead and logistics.
- Hired, trained and developed highly motivated teams utilizing extensive coaching & counseling.
- Managing teams of System Administrators, Network Engineers, Digital Marketing and Support teams.
- Projected recurring sales of $1M within next 6 months and increased number of customer supports by 10%.
Senior Project Manager – United Technologies Corporation (UTC), ND June 2015 – May 2016
- Manage people and various projects (Hardware & Software) total worth of about $20M per year
- Project monthly financial forecast, earn value and variance analysis for North Dakota Engineering, UTC
- Site leader for planning, approving, executing and monitoring all kinds of tests in North Dakota Facilities
- Site focal for the stress, mechanical and systems engineering teams, Global Engineering Center, UTC, India
- Analysis coordinator for Boeing on behalf of United Technologies Aerospace System, North Dakota
- Strategic execution for the North Dakota and Indian facilities for continuous improvement (Lean)
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor and closeout various projects following main principles of Project Management
- Evaluate business cases, allocate resources, finalize budgets and prepare for backup plans
- Detail plan using MS Project for Configuration, design, manufacturing, test, quality and production
- Guide to make the necessary engineering drawing changes and release them for companywide usages
- Ensure software compatibilities for some system hardware, specially, for the windows7 over XP
- Evaluate necessary tests plan, execute and monitor them to validate the hardware and software
- Guide team for proper documentations, their approval and storage to protect Intellectual Properties (IP)
- Receive Federal Aviation Administration certification for engineering, manufacturing and test, final products
- Setup for mass-production as needed following Lean and Six-Sigma principle
- Manage software team to develop application in an agile environment
Technology Leader/Project Manager - General Electric (GE) Aviation, OH September 2013 – June 2015
- Led, managed, and oversaw the Stress, Life Management and People Plan Team teams/initiatives.
- Managed stress/life analysis packages, reviewed and approved them per company process.
- Oversaw all budgets, resource allocations, and planning for enterprise-wide team engagement events.
- Developed/implemented a standardized approach for analysis and an integrated ONE GE team.
- Organized and managed projects for Technical, Principal Design and Detail Design Review for GE Aviation.
- Set brand promotions strategies, resolved engine component analysis-test gaps, and more technical duties.
- Analyzed complex projects and initiatives to drive large-scale improvements and increased overall efficiency.
- Demonstrated skills for pro-active problem solving, multitasking, decision making and multiple projects managing
Senior Analyst (767/787) – The Boeing Company, WA June 2009 – September 2013
- Supported production of 787 final body assembly as well as the Load Method Allowable works for key locations.
- Thorough and accurately analyzed the Static, Fatigue and Damage tolerance of both metallic and composite parts.
- Proposed/implemented optimization repair solutions and process improvements for key products and processes.
- Improved key data storage processes, a large company problem, by analysis, proposal, and development.
- Significantly reduced costs and saved time by developing a new standard process; managed a dynamic team.
- Performed cost-benefit analysis for various projects for proposal submittal and got approval from the executives.
- Managed a team to launch a project, Best of Boeing, to transfer technical and leadership knowledge companywide.
- Oversaw planning, requirement development, resource allocation, networking, and more key project objectives.
- Coordinated senior leaders, SMEs, and others to create videos to represent the technical aspect of Boeing
- Developed and ran an ECF campaign as a Leadership Team Member for Employee Community Fund (ECF)
- Raised $50K in a day by coordinating ECF awareness 5K walk events and the total fund raised to $9.6M.
- Performed wide-ranges of complex engineering analysis to provide repair solutions for fleets of 1000+ aircrafts.
- Reduced annual fleet support costs by 20%, shortened cycle times, and minimized resource usages by developing
“Search Eagle” re-engineering tool (Awarded The Most Creative Engineering Tool in Leanfest IX, 2011).
Founding Director - BdHaat.com, WA June 2008 – May 2009
- Developed an ecommerce company, BdHaat.com, one of the largest companies for Bangladeshis worldwide.
- Led Corporate, IT, Sales and Marketing, Inventory, Customer Care and Delivery Team for complete operation.
- Worked with teams closely to analyze root causes and processes that drove improvements/ remediation.
- Developed new tools and streamlined procedures to effect innovative solutions to complex process challenges.
- Designed and maintained product roadmaps to balances business priorities, costs, and risks.
- Tracked entire software lifecycle, from requirements through design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Managed IT team with an overall guidance for website development to create user-friendly interface.
- Monitored a team to plan and execute a digital web and social networking campaign to promote business.
- Categorized and displayed products in the website based on customers’ needs and promoted them accordingly.
- Set campaign strategies based on SEO / SEM concepts, auto-fed appropriate keywords in the search engine.
- Implemented Google analytics tool in the campaign to focus targeted customers for specific products.
- Ran multiple servers to optimize server performances to reduce website load time and downtime possibilities.
- Created and implemented an auto backup database management tool for web application.
- Integrated a smart shipping application, multi-currency support, one-click checkout, reward point system.
- Developed warehouse auto selection and its price, satisfaction survey, chat-ticket system, and email marketing.
Islam | 2 of 3
- Provided a design architecture to develop a task management tool to track them with system dependency concept.
- Successfully increased 35% efficiency by developing an employee evaluation and time management tool.
- Achieved organizational goals by training/developing employees for increasing overall productivity and growth.
- Grew sales 10X within a year for reviewing market competitiveness, setting strategies and acting upon.
- Successfully developed and managed a complex plan to introduce the company in US market by January of 2016.
Analyst (777 Program) – The Boeing Company, WA June 2006 – May 2008
- Supported 777 program for almost all major airlines around the glove and the production-lines at Boeing.
- Performed structural analysis on Primary and Secondary structures and supported the FAA as a sub-lead.
- Supported Significant Notification of Escapement/Continued Operational Safety Program and responded telexes.
- Facilitated the composite materials behavior, design, analysis and repair as a subject matter expert.
- Resolved issues pertaining to Boeing Design Manual (BDM), Structural Repair Manual (SRM), Service Bulletin (SB),
Federal Air Regulation (FAR), Drawing, Material Database and Boeing analysis related materials.
- Coordinated with important suppliers as a key point of contact for Non-Conformance Records (NCR) information.
- Excelled at the full range of project management, technical support, and professional communication duties.
CHICAGO BOOTH MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE 2016
Challenges in Private Equity and Private Capital:
- Moderated by Steven Neil Kaplan, Neubauer Family Dist. Service Prof. of Entrepreneurship and Finance, Chicago Booth
- Douglas Londal, Partner and Head of Private Capital Group, MSD Capital, L.P.; Steven Gruber, Managing Partner, Oak
Hill Capital Partners Inc.; Philip Canfield, Managing Director, GTCR, LLC
- Moderated by Ronald S. Burt, Hobart W. Williams Professor of Sociology and Strategy, Chicago Booth
- Excelled Mary Lou Gorno, Managing Director, Ingenuity Intl, LLC; Andrew Appel, President and CEO, IRI; Emily
Heisley Stoeckel, Chairman, The Heico Companies, LLC; Michael Osanloo, CEO, P.F. Chang's management.
VOLUNTEERING AND MEMBERSHIPS.
Volunteer Roles: Key Organizer of a Job Shadow Day at Boeing; After School Math and Science Program.
Professional Memberships: Member of Mechanical Engineering Honor Society, Golden Key International Honor
Society, National Freshman Honor Society (Phi Eta Sigma).
Islam | 3 of 3