SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
A versatile and diligent technician and manager with a wide range of engineering and managerial
skills obtained maintaining aircraft in the Royal Navy, and as a company director in the heating
industry. A communicative and professional supervisor who seeks to bring his British Armed Forces
training and ethos to a civilian working environment.
• Strong team leader.
• Extensive supervisory skills.
• Excellent communicator.
• Reliable, focused and motivated.
• Experienced in subordinate training and development.
Leading Air Engineer Technician, Royal Navy (RN) from June 2007 to date.
This employment has offered a wide variety of different roles and tasking which have been carried
out shore side and at sea throughout the world. As a supervising mechanical aircraft technician
responsibilities have included:
• Supervised and carried out mechanical maintenance and repairs on RN helicopters.
• Conducted rotors-engaged ground runs and raised requirements for test flights post
• Supervised and carried out ground operations, e.g. aircraft moves, fuelling operations,
marshalling, load lifting.
• Undertook independent inspections within trade.
• Periodical depth-maintenance packages on RN helicopters initiated and seen through to
• Management responsibilities within an engineering dept. on board a RN ship, including
authoring memoranda, generating rotas, leading a fire-fighting and rescue team and
leading flight-deck operations such as re-fuelling operations and load-lifting.
• Recorded maintenance activities and data onto bespoke computer programme.
• Maintaining all air engineering dept. technical publications on board a RN ship as
Underfloor heating technician, from September 2003 to April 2006:
Installed underfloor heating before being promoted to supervisor, responsible for managing and
completing installations nation wide. Organising the delivery of materials and liaising with other
trades to ensure efficient use of manpower and assets. Upon promotion to director of sales and
marketing implemented successful sales strategy to increase company turnover year on year.
Between April 2006 and joining the RN in June 2007 I spent a brief time as a self-employed
plasterer and then as a shift supervisor at a Wetherspoon’s public house as interim employment.
• Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education, graded distinction in aeronautical engineering
from Kingston University. (Awarded on completion of RN promotion course, accredited by
• NVQ 2 Aircraft Maintenance.
Edition Wiring Regulations, City & Guilds, BS 7671.
• GCSE x 8 grades A-C, including maths and English.
• Level 2 first aid.
• CMI level 3 certificate in first line management.
• CMI level 2 diploma in team leading.
• Human Factors (Flight Safety).
I have security clearance: NATO Secret Joint and Developed Vetting, valid until 26/04/2022.
I am very keen on physical fitness and enjoy undertaking new sports. I have partaken in sailing
races as a spare hand, I enjoy rock climbing and I have qualifications in PADI scuba diving that I
would like to further in due course.