5. 20XX presentation title 5
Healthy Eating Food Pyramid:
•Eat Most - Grains.
•Eat More - Vegetables and fruits.
•Eat Moderately - Meat, fish, egg and alternatives (including
dry beans) and milk and alternatives.
•Eat Less - Fat/ oil, salt and sugar.
•Drink adequate amount of fluid (including water, tea, clear
soup, etc) every day.
11. • Answering this question can be confusing and it depends on whom you ask.
Many social media ‘experts’ are teaming up with companies to market products
that are claiming to be ‘healthy’ with only ‘natural ingredients’. If something is
natural, it doesn't necessarily mean it is healthy!
“Just because something is labeled as natural, it doesn't necessarily
mean it's safe!”
20XX presentation title 11
12. Best Diet When You Exercise
There are a few benefits that pills, powders, or sports drinks might provide to
some athletes or normal humans like you and me.
But they all FAIL in comparison to those on a proper eating diet.
NO product or supplement can make up for poor eating habits!
20XX presentation title 12
13. • The very first thing I teach my clients is one of the hard truths “Stop doing what
everybody else does!”
• There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach. If you are a young man wanting to put
on muscle, you will require a different diet than a middle-aged woman seeking
to lose weight.
• Here are the general eight principles of healthy eating I’ve been following put
together by Robert J. Davis PhD, aka The Healthy Skeptic, who examines the
science behind popular health claims, revealing what’s believable and what’s
20XX presentation title 13
14. 1. Eat Protein At Every Meal
• I teach my clients to include protein at every meal
from various sources such as fish, poultry, dairy, eggs,
beans, tofu, and nuts. Red meat and processed meat -
try to minimize the consumption of it.
20XX presentation title 14
15. 2. Eat Complex Carbs
• “The whiter the bread, the sooner you'll be dead” is a
saying by bestselling author Michael Pollan. Ever since
I heard it, I haven't eaten white bread. And I don't
miss it either.
• My go-to is ‘complex carbs’ which include whole
grains, beans, and fruits. Don't forget to eat your
veggies as well.
20XX presentation title 15
16. 3. Add Healthy Fats To Your Diet
•Ok, let me start by saying that ‘low-fat’
doesn't necessarily mean that it is healthy.
•Stop being scared of healthy fats such as
fatty fish, avocado, nuts, and seeds.
20XX presentation title 16
17. 4. Hydrate
• Hydration is important as up to 60% of the human adult body is
water. My advice is to stick with water. I add a squirt of lemon juice
and a pinch of pink Himalayan salt (mineral-rich) in my filtered
• Try to minimize your intake of soda drinks, they are known to
stimulate your appetite and weight gain! And yes, even diet soda
or any other ‘diet’ drinks!
• And for the fruit juices lovers - please keep in mind that fruit juice
can have as much sugar as soda, so consume it wisely.
20XX presentation title 17
18. 5. Forget About Fad Diets
• I teach my clients how to create a sustainable lifestyle
where they can eat all their favorite food while getting
healthier and more vital.
20XX presentation title 18
19. 6. Always Read The Ingredients List
• It is getting more and more difficult to avoid packaged
foods. Before you pay for it, please check the
• Quick tip: The ingredients are listed in order of
quantity by weight. This means that the food
ingredient that weighs the most will be listed first, and
the ingredient that weighs the least is listed last.
20XX presentation title 19
20. 7. Ignore Health-Related Marketing Claims
• I “love” this marketing gimmick!
• I used to fall for it every single time I saw products
labeled as “organic”, “natural”, “multigrain”, “gluten-
free”, “vitamin-fortified” or “low GI”. These labels
don't necessarily mean it's healthful!
20XX presentation title 20
21. 8. How To Pick Your Energy Bar
•Some of the energy bars have as much sugar as candy. Even
bars labeled “natural” are adding multiple forms of sugar
including honey, brown rice syrup, and agave nectar.
•Yes, these sweeteners are natural, but I know people who eat
more than one energy bar in one sitting. Hence, loading up on
several in one sitting is no different from eating a high sugar
20XX presentation title 21