REUSE AND RECYCLE!!!!
RECYCLING PROJECT PRESENTATION
CONDUCTED BY 5TH GRADE PUPILS
OF THE 6TH PRIMARY SCHOOL IN KILKIS
Coordinators: Navrozidis Anastasios (teacher of English)
Moumtzidoy Elpida (teacher of Physical Education)
These are the 3 Rs we
use things again! Used things can become new again!
Reduce the amounts We learnt what
we use they mean!
from the very start
to have less to throw
We found information about how
• Reuse books and notebooks
• Always use both sides of a piece of paper before you
• Use old paper to make paper masks.
• Use refillable pens not disposable pens.
• Use a glass bottle, refill it with water or juice and take it
to school. Do not buy plastic bottles of one use only.
• Encourage school to use rechargeable batteries and
refillable print cartridges.
• When organizing parties at school: use washable plates
and cups and metal cuttlery, prefer not plastic or paper
We found information about
how to REDUCE:
• Save energy by turning off the lights during the break.
• Check if the package of the things you buy is
• Do not buy too much food you don’t need to eat. You
can reduce waste.
• Do not start a new page for each piece of work, rule off
previous work and continue on the same page.
• Pupils should prefer going to school on foot rather than
by car to reduce air and traffic pollution.
We found information about how
• Work on waste: Schools can work together either within
an area or between countries.
• Compost bins: can be provided to schools by councils.
• Recycling uses less energy than making things again.
• Put the batteries, paper and glass into the appropriate
• Pupils should attend seminars and get involved into
recycling projects, activities regularly.
Pupils noted themselves how to
reuse, reduce and recycle:
• Reuse: Reuse oil when cooking, reuse
glass bottles to keep rice, spaghetti,
sugar, pepper and lentils.
• Reduce: Use ecological light bulbs to save
energy, go to school by bike or on foot to
reduce air pollution.
• Recycle: We recycle books and notebooks
at the end of the school year.
We used these signs in posters
Every ton of paper we recycle
we can save 17 trees from being cut down
to make new paper
Making aluminium cans from old ones
uses only 1/20 of the energy needed
to make them from new materials
Every can made from recycled aluminium
saves enough energy
to power a TV for 3 hours
A summary of the project!!!
• Pupils at first were involved in a whole classroom discussion expressing
their opinion about the theme of recycling. They also filled in a short
questionnaire about the initiatives undertaken at their school so far and
suggested ideas to empower the recycling process, too.
• Introduction of the new terms Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Whole classroom
discussion was followed about their validity at school and in pupils’
everyday life in general. They took notes and suggested their own ideas on
how to reduce, reuse and recycle.
• Pupils also visited the paper mill factory “Sonocco“ at the industrial area of
• Pupils prepared posters about recycling, they also made masks, items with
recycled paper and a collage with reused items (paper, buttons, plastic etc)
they brought from home. Pupils prepared their own recycling bins and
during the breaks a recycling team patrolled the schoolyard to remain
The photos below show the
activities carried out by the
Offenbar haben Sie einen Ad-Blocker installiert. Wenn Sie SlideShare auf die Whitelist für Ihren Werbeblocker setzen, helfen Sie unserer Gemeinschaft von Inhaltserstellern.
Sie hassen Werbung?
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert.
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert, um den neuen globalen Regeln zum Thema Datenschutzbestimmungen gerecht zu werden und dir einen Einblick in die begrenzten Möglichkeiten zu geben, wie wir deine Daten nutzen.
Die Einzelheiten findest du unten. Indem du sie akzeptierst, erklärst du dich mit den aktualisierten Datenschutzbestimmungen einverstanden.