• Training Advantages of GUI Application
• System Administrator Training
• Database Administrator Training
• End User Training
• Future of Client Server Computing Enabling
• Transformational System
3. NEED FOR TRAINING
• To teach the fundamental technologies involved in a modern
Client/Server system in an easy manner.
• Making people to understand the business requirements, design issues,
scalability and security issues in an enterprise system.
• Required Training includes,
1. System administrator,
2. Database administrator training,
3. End user training.
5. MODES OF TRAINING DELIVERY
• Traditional Classroom
• On-the-Job Training (OTJ)
• Video Conferencing
• Collaborative Tools – E.g. : Google Drive, Podio, Titan Pad
• Virtual Groups and Event Calls – E.g. : Wiggio
• Web-based Training
• Learning Management Systems (LMS)
• Electronic Performance Support Systems (EPSS)
7. PODIO & TITAN PAD- CASE STUDY
• Podio - Online social media like community by which we can share documents, ideas
• Titan pad - an online document-creation program that makes it incredibly simple for
users to collaborate in real time
8. MIND FLASH
• An online tool that provides unlimited training for various sectors
• Employee , Trainers, Resellers etc.,
• Very good user community
• One login – As many users we add
• Features include,
Mobile Training Sell Courses Organise
10. FEATURES – MIND FLASH
GET FREE COURSES
• Free ppt templates
• Online courses
11. TRAINING TOOLS.COM
• Flash training
• Provides a customized workspace where we can learn to create flash
• Provides offline course materials also
12. TRAINING ADVANTAGES OF GUI
• Opportunity to provide intuitive interface
• Ensuring proper usage
• Doesn’t require user retraining for navigation and error correction
• With standardized training on these fundamentals, new applications need only
provide training on the new business processes.
• This will reduce costs, reduce stress on trainees, and decrease the time it takes to move
new applications into production
13. SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR TRAINING
• To teach the importance and reality of the applications
• Responsible for managing server, client and all the applications running in the environment
• Important tasks in training include
1. Setting up and managing client server database, managing and monitoring the use
of disk space, memory, and connections, backing up and restoring databases server,
integration with back-end databases.
2. Setting up and managing user accounts, granting roles and permissions to Adaptive
Server users and managing remote access.
3. Working with various control panels and hosting automation software and also day
day management of the equipment.
4. Diagnosing system problems along with fault management and performance
14. DATABASE ADMIN - TRAINING
• Assisting in the implementation of information systems & Installing and configuring
• Monitoring the performance of the database and tuning the DBMS for optimal
• Ensuring data integrity is maintained and appropriate backups are made.
• Resource usage monitoring.
• Setting standards for system documentation.
• Facilitating end-users with required database facilities.
• Overseeing new database developments, database re-organisation.
• Maintaining an acceptable level of technical performance for database utilities.
• Educating the organization in the use, capabilities and availability of the database
15. END USER TRAINING
• The end user is the individual who uses the product after it has been fully developed
and marketed who require a bug -free and finished product (end users)
• The term end user usually implies an individual with a relatively low level
of computer expertise.
• Aren’t technical persons but have enough function knowledge of system.
• They need to get trained about some new standards and functionality and technology
of the applications being implemented in the system
17. FUTURE OF CLIENT SERVER
• It could be predicted in few categories like,
2. Development tools,
3. Processors and servers,
4. Paradigms, and
5. Enabling technologies
• Backbone of client server system & Links the client to the server and links all the
application objects together to form the virtual (partitioned) application.
• Looking ways to upgrade the speed of WAN technology.
• Frame relay and other global networking solutions will create high-performance virtual
20. DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
• Areas where tools can improve performance are
1. Use of true compilers.
2. Native links to the distributed objects and TP monitors.
3. Better component development capabilities.
4. Use of standards.
5. Consistent language support.
6. True application-partitioning capabilities.
7. Consistent approach to the intranet.
21. PROCESSORS AND SERVERS
• Server power will increase based on application and its requirements
• Rise of symmetric multi-processing computers and operating systems for use as clients
as well as servers
• Advanced Multiprocessing operating systems
• E.g.: Windows NT, Unix
• OS should provide better load balancing and fault-tolerant capabilities.
• Also the ability to better work through memory, disk, and processor failures without
• Today is the world of object-oriented development paradigm.
• Hence Client/Server tools should also extend their support to the object-oriented
• But mixing and matching today’s components is an issue.
• Anyways component standards will take off to handle this issue.
• Hence mix and match of client server tools with objects will be achieved
23. ENABLING TECHNOLOGIES
• Combinations of hardware and software that can be used to assist in creating a
particular kind of application system.
1. Transaction processing monitors – fits easily into commodity windows environment
2. Databases – Oracle, Sybase dominate the market with new DB
3. Middleware – both message and RPC-based that provide “snap-in” functionality and
consistent interfaces. E.g. :Microsoft’s Falcon message-oriented middleware
24. EXPERT SYSTEM
• Branch of artificial intelligence that makes extensive use of specialized knowledge to
solve problem at the level of human expert
• Computer programs that use knowledge and inference process to solve problems