SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
Addressing this goal first required the initial versions of the CDS Student Handbook and Faculty Handbooks. These have been updated each academic year since the last visit as the school and its stakeholders discover new areas to address or more clarification of policies is required. There has also been a splitting of the handbook into 3 versions for the respective divisions this allows the information to be better tailored to the readers. It is expected that this process will continue indefinitely in addition to this there is also a plan to introduce a Parents Handbook for High School students that addresses the information that will allow Parents to be more involved in the school process.
This has proven to be a large and ongoing challenge in the school. As the demographic data shows within the middle and high school the population is mainly of Korean ethnicity and speak Korean as the first language. Within classrooms and under direct supervision students have no issue with using English however when communicating with peers they often revert to Korean. This has led to continual efforts to modify the language policy so that it encourages the use of English but is also possible to enforce. This is much less of an issue in the First Program where a diverse student population leads to the constant use of English.
The organizational structure of the school has been evolving over the period of the last Action plan as the student body has grown in numbers. It has also seen the growth of the high school from a single grade to the largest Division in the school. This has led to a number of new positions being created each year with the goal of maintaining effective administrative control of both the growing student body and faculty.
The school has continued to increase the amount of technology available within the school in an effort to improve both instruction and communication. Although there have been significant increases in the tools available to both students and faculty there is still a lack of an organized technology plan to allow this technology to be fully utilized. Since 2013-14 it has become mandatory for all high school students to bring a laptop to school. This has freed up the school computers for use in the middle school.
The curriculum has been an area of focus for the last 3 years and there is now in place a standard based curriculum across all three schools. The departments review this yearly in order that it can evolve to better suit the needs of our students.
College counseling has been a major area of growth in the school and one that we are now beginning to see the effects of as the first class of seniors graduate. The US system has been relatively straight forward as the requirements for application are clearly understood. However, the Korean system has proven more of a challenge as our school is in a somewhat unique situation in Korea of being an international school with Korean Accreditation. This has meant that the process has been new to both our school and the Universities. As our students have now been accepted as Early Graduates CDS feels sure that effective college guidance can now be provided to students aiming for either Korean or International Colleges.
The development of the guidance counselor position has led to improvements in the number of disciplinary incidents across the school. By adding the Dean of Student Affairs in Middle School the level of emotional and behavioral counseling has continued to increase.
I will flip through these and refer parents to the dalton website where they can read the full report or they can view this presentation online afterwards
Wasc parents presentation.final1046
WASC / CDS
Why is WASC Important?
• The process is one that allows our school to
improve. (학교발전을 위한 과정)
• Gives our school accreditation so our students’
diplomas mean something!! (지속적인 학교인증
• Because we care about the future of all our
students (학생들의 미래)
Previous Action Plan
• Goal 1 Keep up to date a reliable, accurate and
consistent set of regulations governing the various
aspects of operation of the school.
(학교 운영의 다양한 측면들을 관리하는 정확하며 일관적인
규정들을 최신 내용으로 관리)
1. 2012-13 Student Handbook, Faculty Handbook (version II) 학생핸드북, 교사핸드북 버전2
2. 2013-14 Middle and High Student Handbook, First Program Handbook, Faculty Handbook (version III)
중고등핸드북, 초등, 교사핸드북 버전3
3. 2014-15 First Program Student Handbook(version II), Middle School Student Handbook, High School Student
Handbook, Faculty Handbook (version IV) 초등, 중고등, 교사핸드북 버전4
Previous Action Plan
• Goal 2 Develop clear language policies to be
implemented throughout the school that aid
student’s ability to learn.
(학교 전체에 실행 가능하도록 학생들의 학습 능력을
도와주는 명확한 언어 방침 개발)
1. 2012-13: Student Handbook, Code of conduct, Faculty Handbook (version II) 학생핸드북, 행동수칙,
2. 2013-14: Student Handbook, Code of conduct, Faculty Handbook (version III)학생핸드북, 행동수칙,
3. 2014-15: First Program Student Handbook(version II), Middle School Student Handbook, High
School Student Handbook, Faculty Handbook (version IV) 초등핸드북(버전2), 중고등핸드북,
Previous Action Plan
• Goal 3 Develop a clear organizational structure
within the faculty, with clear roles and
responsibilities to ensure the orderly operation of the
(학교의 질서 있는 운영을 위해 교사들의 명확한 역할과
책임의 분담, 그리고 조직 구조 개발)
1. 2012-13: Principal appointed in First Program (초등교장임명)
2. 2013-14: Principal of First Program is appointed to Principal of Middle School Division(초등,중등교장 임명)
3. Directors have been appointed for First Program, Middle and High school. At present a system of
Department Representatives is in place with this being planned for review in January 2014. (각 학교
4. 2014-15: Due to staff turnover again the appointment of Department Heads has been postponed with
an application process due to start in Fall 2014. (학과장임명 연기)
5. Administrative assistants have been appointed in both FP and Middle School with budget set aside for a
position in High School. (초등,중등 행정직원 임명)
6. A Dean of Student Affairs has been appointed for Middle School. (중등 학생주임 임명)
7. An overall Academic Director position has also been created. (교육과정디렉터 포지션)
Previous Action Plan
• Goal 4 Develop technology plans and increase the
physical quantity of technology as well as
increasing the quality of technology instruction
(기술 장비 활용 계획을 개발하고 양적 증가뿐 아니라
매뉴얼의 질 향상)
1. 2012-13 : AR Renaissance Learning, Wireless printers, laptop carts for Middle
School, Computer Technology class covering MS Office and Prezi, Razkid,
Reading AtoZ, WritingAtoZ, First Program Website
2. 2013-14: Naviance, Google Drive, High School Website, Smartphone App,
public announcement monitors installed
Previous Action Plan
• Goal 5 Develop a standards-based curriculum
across all grades this should be updated regularly
to keep up with changes in standards.
(모든 학년에 적용 가능한 표준 기반 커리큘럼 개발; 변화를
반영하기 위해 정기적인 업데이트)
1. 2012-13: First Program has developed school-wide curricula that are consistent
with Californian and Korean standards
2. 2013-14: Standards for Middle and High School are in place and the units
being taught are being planned for a term-by-term breakdown of standards.
3. 2014-15: Departments are working on developing a seamless curriculum from
K-12 to address issues with gaps in the curriculum. The Academic Director is
overseeing this work.
Previous Action Plan
• Goal 6 To develop a comprehensive College
Counseling Program serving the needs of students
to apply to both Korean &U.S. colleges and abroad.
(한국과 미국 및 해외 대학에 진학하길 원하는 학생을 위한
종합적 대학 상담 프로그램 개발)
1. 2012-13 : College counselor appointed to work on the Korean college
2. 2013-14: Director of College counseling appointed. As students proceed
through the course-selection process, they are guided by their college
counselors to ensure that all graduation requirements will be met to be
college ready. The College Counseling Office educates both students and
parents on colleges, college admission standards, procedures and trends. The
College Counseling Office seeks to stay current on college admission policies
through professional affiliations and conferences.
2014-15 : College Admissions
(2014-15 학년도 합격 대학)
The following are Universities that our students have
been admitted to.
(다음은 현학년도 학생들이 합격한 대학들입니다.)
Case Western Reserve University
College of Wooster
Embry-Riddle Aero University
Indiana University Bloomington
Iowa State University
Les Roches International School of
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy
and Health Sciences
Michigan State University
Middle Tennessee State University
Mount Holyoke College
New York University
Ohio Wesleyan University
Pennsylvania State University
Rensselaer Polytech Institute
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Soka University of America
St. John’s University
St. John’s University – Queens campus
SUNY Stony Brook
The Ohio State University
University at Buffalo (SUNY)
University of British Columbia
University of California, Davis
University of California, Irvine
University of California, San Diego
University of Denver
University of Illinois at Urbana-
University of Iowa
University of Kansas
University of Massachusetts Amherst
University of Missouri Columbia
University of North Carolina Chapel
University of Southern California
University of the Arts
University of the Pacific
University of Virginia
University of Washington
University of Wisconsin Madison
Washington University in St.Louis
George Mason University, Korea
The State University of New York,
The University of Utah, Asia Campus
Previous Action Plan
• Goal 7 To develop a plan to provide emotional and
behavioral counseling and support for at risk
students. (관심학생들을 위한 정서적, 행동적
카운슬링과 지원을 제공할 계획 개발)
1. 2012-13: Mr. Daehwan Choi a counselor with other 14years experience
volunteered at the school.
2. 2013-14: Mr. Choi was employed by the school. Mentoring systems were put in
place within the residential facilities.
3. 2014-15: The appointment of Administrative assistants has allowed for more
support of house teachers as they can communicate more effectively with
both parents and guidance counsellors about student issues. The Dean of
Student Affairs allows the needs of Middle School students to be dealt with
Organization for Student
학생 수학능력 향상을 위한 조직
교과과정, 운영 그리고 학생평가
Support for Student
Personal and Academic
전인교육과 학업능력 향상을 위한 지원
From the study we
developed the Action Plan
• This will form the
backbone of our
planning and give
the school direction
over the next 6 years
(향후 6년을 위한
학교의 계획에 기반이
• To develop Cheongna Dalton School as a
professional learning community where all
stakeholders are committed to lifelong learning and
applying the results of research. (전문성을 지향하는
청라달튼외국인학교는 지속적인 연구와 노력 및
평생학습을 위한 환경조성을 위한 노력)
1. Calendar of professional development opportunities,
2. Organisation of cross division groups of teachers with the same self-
3. Ongoing involvement of stakeholders in the four focus groups.
4. Development of a process to apply for professional development: in-school
vs. out of school; educational-course-subsidizing
• To develop the importance of technology across
the school in all areas. Making technology a key
part of the curriculum and increasing the abilities of
faculty, staff and students in its use. (교사, 교직원 및
학생들이 변하는 첨단기술과 테크놀로지의 중요성을
인식하여 이용과 적용할 수 있도록 교육과정에 포함)
1. Implementation of standard tracking technology (Masteryconnect)
2. Standards for technology use integrated into all CDS curriculums.
Assessment of students in new technology standards.
• To develop systems for data collection and
effective analysis across the whole school so that
decisions may be made based on clear data.
(효율적인 판단과 결정수립의 밑거름인 자료수집과
실질적분석 체제 시스템 개발)
1. ERB Tests,
2. Standardized entrance exam rubrics,
3. Ensure all current student data is accurate,
4. Standardized tests employed in World Languages. 5)Benchmarks for
ESLRs at all grades and assessment.
• To develop our global curriculum and form
international partnerships with other schools and
educational institutes. (글로벌 교육과정발달을 위하여
다른 교육기관과의 국제적 파트너쉽 형성)
1. Joining the “Round Square”,
2. Developing partnerships with schools globally, and at all levels, from
the FP to the HS
• To develop and clarify the roles, responsibilities and
decision making process in a set of policies that are
available to all stakeholders (학교발전을 위하여
구성원 모두의 명확한 역할, 책무 및 의사결정 과정을
위한 방침개발과 보급)
1. Publishing all inclusive set of the rules and regulations governing CDS
and all its stakeholders,
2. Giving budgetary guidelines based on department or division.
3. Developing a complete set of Job descriptions.
• To improve communication amongst all
stakeholders so that the intent of all activities,
academics, curricula are clear and supported by
all. (학교행사, 교육, 학업 지원을 위해 공동체 모두-
학교,학생,부모,교사 등등-의 원활한 의사소통)
1. Have students, parents and teachers recognize that communication
have improved in the last year according to surveys.
2. Have a staff member with responsibility for promotion/marketing of
• To develop systems for measuring the effectiveness
of all support services within the school and to
identify and support all needs. (지원서비스팀의
효율성 측정 시스템을 개발 )
1. Data is collected, interpreted and shared (i.e. communicated to all
stakeholders) about the use of these support services and their
impact on student achievement and behavior.
2. Benchmarks for ESLRs at all grades and assessment.
• To develop a curriculum that supports our students
who in the majority of cases do not speak English at
home. (가정에서 영어를 원어로 사용하지 않는 많은
학생들을 위한 지원과 교육과정 개발)
1. Increase the number of hours of English instruction
2. Set and achieve targets for Middle School Accelerated Reader program
3. Conduct ELL training across all subjects to equip teachers with the techniques
necessary to improve our students English abilities.
What is Asked of You?!
Support the school in its efforts to
“help students achieve all they can”
Please pick up a copy of our new action plan after reviewing
it any questions can be sent to:
(나가실때 Action Plan;학교 향후 계획서를 가지고 가셔서 참고해
주시기 바랍니다. 문의사항은 위 이메일로 가능함도 알려드립니다.)