1. The Role of Education
On Economic Growth in Pakistan
• Education is key to the socio-economic development of a
• It plays a vital role in building human capabilities and
accelerates economic growth through knowledge, skills
and creative strength of a society.
• The positive outcomes of education include reduction in
poverty and inequality, improvement in health status and
good governance in implementation of socio-economic
2. • The multifaceted impact of education makes it an essential
element for policy framework. Developing countries, where
majority of the world’s population resides, need to redesign
educational policies for promoting productivity in different
sectors of the economy by developing highly skilled
manpower and addressing their development needs for rapid
• The government is making earnest efforts to improve the
quantity and quality of education by enhancing educational
facilities within the minimum possible time.
3. • Education equipped people with the knowledge and skills
they needed to increase their income and expanded
opportunities for employment.
• This is true for households and for national economies.
Levels for productivity, economic growth and patterns of
Income distribution are intimately linked to the state of
education and the distribution of educational
4. • Economic growth and education are intertwined.
Greater access to education has certainly contributed
to higher rates of economic growth. The extent of
the contribution of education to economic growth
depends not only on building skills, but also on their