• The benefit of using Biodiesel.
• Comparison between Biodiesel and Diesel.
• About Lootah Biofuels LBF.
• Why to join hands with LBF?
3. What is Biodiesel?
• Biodiesel is a renewable, clean-burning diesel replacement that
is reducing dependence on petroleum diesel, creating jobs and
improving the environment.
• It can be blended with petroleum diesel to produce a biodiesel
blend which is then used in many different vehicles.
4. Properties Of BioDiesel
• Health Effects: In comparison to other alternative fuels, there are a number of
unique qualities and properties of biodiesel fuel. Meeting the standards of the
1990 Clean Air Act Amendments, it has also cleared all the health effects testing
requirements, unlike other alternative fuels
• Viscosity: The viscosity of a fuel is important because it influences the
atomization of the fuel being inserted into the engine combustion chamber. For
complete combustion to happen, a small fuel drop is required. . The biodiesel fuel
property of having the viscosity much closer to diesel fuel than vegetable oil helps
create a much lower drop, which burns cleaner.
5. • Lubrication: The other main property of biodiesel fuel is its lubricating properties. It has
much better lubricating and a higher cetane ratings than today's lower sulfur diesel fuels.
Adding Biodiesel also helps in reducing fuel system wear. The fuel injection equipment
depends on the fuel for its lubrication. The biodiesel fuel properties increase the life of the
fuel injection equipment. Giving better lubricity and a more complete combustion increases
the engine energy output, thus partially balancing for the higher energy density of petro
• Physical Properties: It is liquid which can be different in color, from golden and dark brown,
all depending on the production feedstock. It is immiscible with water, has a high boiling point
and low vapor pressure. The flash point of biodiesel is considerably higher than that of
petroleum diesel. Biodiesel fuel has a density of ~ 0.88 g/cm³, which is less than that of water.
Properties Of BioDiesel
6. • Chemical Properties: its calorific value is about 37.27 MJ/L, which is 9% lower
than regular petro diesel. It has practically no sulfur content, and is frequently used
as an additive to Ultra-Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel.
Properties Of BioDiesel
Properties Of Bio Diesel
• Health Effects
• Physical Properties
• Chemical Properties
7. • Emissions Biodiesel is the only alternative fuel to successfully complete the EPA’s rigorous
emissions and health effects study under the Clean Air Act. Biodiesel provides significantly
reduced emissions of carbon monoxide, particulate matter, unburned hydrocarbons, and
sulphates compared to petroleum diesel fuel. Additionally, biodiesel reduces emissions of
carcinogenic compounds by as much as 85% compared with petro diesel. When blended with
petroleum diesel fuel, these emissions reductions are generally directly proportional to the
amount of biodiesel in the blend .
• A Clean Alternative Fuel for New and Old Engines Diesel engines have long had a reputation
of being “dirty” engines. However, with the advent of newer diesel engines equipped with
exhaust gas recirculation (EGR), particulate filters, and catalytic converters, clean diesel
technology provides incredible fuel efficiency with ultra low emissions levels. When coupled
with the use of biodiesel, both new and old diesel engines can significantly reduce emissions,
including particulate matter (black smoke).
Of Biodiesel Fuel
8. • Close Contact Benefits from the “French Fry Fuel” The reduced particulate and unburned
hydrocarbons emissions that result when using biodiesel are a welcome relief in environments
where workers and pedestrians are in close proximity to diesel engines, including public
transport, mining, and construction. In addition, when high blends of biodiesel are used, the
exhaust from diesel engines is often described as smelling like fried food, which aside from
causing increased hunger in those nearby, is a welcome relief from the smell of diesel fuel
Of Biodiesel Fuel
Types of Emissions
• Particulate Matter (Black Smoke): Emissions of particulate matter have been linked to
respiratory diseases and are generally considered to be a human health hazard. Emissions
of particulate matter are reduced with biodiesel by 47%.
• Carbon Monoxide: Carbon Monoxide is a poisonous gas. Reduced with biodiesel by 48%.
• Total Unburned Hydrocarbons: Compounds which contribute to localized formation of
smog. Reduced with biodiesel by 67%.
• Nitrogen Oxides: Compounds which contribute to localized formation of smog. According
to NREL (Biodiesel Handling and Use Guidelines 2009 revision) examination of the NOx
testing results shows that the effect of biodiesel can vary with engine design, calibration,
and test cycle. At this time, the data are insufficient for users to conclude anything about
the average effect of Biodiesel on NOx, other than that it is likely very close to zero.
Types of Emissions
• Sulfates :
Sulfates are major contributors to acid rain. These emissions are practically eliminated
when using biodiesel.
• Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH and nPAH):
These compounds have been identified as carcinogenic (cancer causing) compounds.
Biodiesel reduces emissions of these compounds by up to 85% for PAH compounds and
90% for nPAH compounds.
• Speciated Hydrocarbons:
These compounds contribute to the formation of localized smog and ozone. The potential
for smog formation from speciated hydrocarbons is reduced by 50% when using biodiesel.
Life Cycle Reduction of CO2
Biodiesel helps reduce the risk of global warming by reducing net carbon emissions
to the atmosphere. When biodiesel is burned, it releases carbon dioxide to the
atmosphere, but crops which are used to produce biodiesel take up carbon dioxide
from the atmosphere in their growth cycle.
A joint study conducted by the U.S.
Department of Agriculture, and the
U.S. Department of Energy
determined that biodiesel reduces net
carbon dioxide emissions to the
atmosphere by 78.5% compared with
petroleum diesel fuel.
ENGINE MANUFACTURERS STATEMENT
Company Recommendation Company Recommendation
Arctic Cat B20 International B5-B20, depending on model
Buhler B20 Isuzu B5
Case B20 John Deere B20
Caterpillar B5-B30, depending on model Kubota B5
Chrysler B5-B20, depending on model Mack B5
Cummins B20 Mercedes Benz B5
Detroit Diesel B5 New Holland B100
Fairbanks Morse B100 Perkins B5-B20
Ford Motor Co. B5 Volvo B5
General Motors B5-B20, depending on model Volkswagon B5
14. LBF offers the UAE market, an environmentally superior
and performance enhancing diesel blending agent at a
highly competitive price. We offer biodiesel B5, which is
ultra low sulphur diesel fuel blended with 5% of
Biodiesel. This 5% will act as a lubricant to reduce the
carbon footprint & greenhouse gas emissions from the
vehicle. We are converting used cooking oil to Biodiesel
(B100) and further blending it with high quality ultra
low sulphur Petro diesel in the ratio 5:95.
The final product is called as B5.
Biodiesel: B5 Blend
15. • Recycling of waste
• Renewable source of energy
• Reduction in Carbon footprint
• Cost Effective
• Superior lubricant extending the lifetime of your
• Ultra-Low Sulfur
• Health benefits
• Energy security benefits
• Clean and sustainable fuel
• Easy to use
• No modifications is required in the engine up to
Benefits of B5
16. • Biodiesel is slightly expensive than normal diesel in some regions.
• It may harm rubber hoses on some engines.
• As Biodiesel cleans the dirt from the engine, this dirt can then get collected in
the fuel filter, thus clogging it. So, filters have to be changed after the first several
hours of biodiesel use on some vehicles.
• Biodiesel fuel distribution infrastructure needs improvement, which is another
of the biodiesel fuel disadvantages.
Disadvantages of Biodiesel
17. • Biodiesel Blends can be used in any diesel
engines without any engine modification.
• No need of any modifications required to use
• Easy to switch over at any time.
• Manufacturer acceptance and vehicular usage
of biodiesel fuel began in 2005.
Usage Of B5
18. • Fully own subsidiary of S.S.LOOTAH GROUP.
• First company in the whole GCC took initiative for producing Biodiesel
from used cooking oil.
• One and only company in the international market who is selling
biodiesel on a lower price than the price of normal diesel.
• DAST award winner 2011 from RTA.
About Lootah Biofuels
19. • Currently cheaper than ENOC/EPPCO/EMARAT Retail Pump prices, thus resulting
• Discounted pricing for bulk requirements for clients having bigger fleets.
• Fuelling Stations located at strategic points throughout Dubai to ensure easy
• No cash payment at fuelling point, thus saving precious Cash Flow.
• Easy and flexible monthly Credit Registration procedures for new clients.
• Customized Solutions (Storage Tanks/Mobile Fuelling/Special Fuelling Timings) as
per the client’s requirement.
• Fuelling Stations open 24/7/365.
• Customized reports meeting client’s vehicle and fuel efficiency monitoring needs.
Why to join hands with LBF?
20. • We have commissioned the first fully functional and commercially viable plant in
the entire Middle East.
• Our biodiesel has been successfully tested by RTA (Road Transport Authority),
Dubai Police, Dubai Municipality, Emirates Group and many reputed private
• Our biodiesel is also suitable for generators, bakeries, industrial burning etc.
• We adhere to provide high quality Ultra-Low Sulphur Diesel (ULSD).
• Certifications, participation in leading events, listing on our website, publicity
are various benefits which our clients gain by associating with us.
• Meeting the Green Environment and Sustainability Goals of the UAE.
Why to join hands with LBF?
• Biodiesel fuel is one of the easiest alternative fuels to use. A variety of oils as biodiesel
fuel feedstock's are used to produce the fuel. The main feedstock's for biodiesel fuel are:
• Waste vegetable oil (WVO): The waste vegetable oil (WVO) discarded from a restaurant
is getting popular as feedstock's for biodiesel fuel. Many supporters propose that waste
vegetable oil is the best raw material for biodiesel fuel production.
• Animal fats: Tallow, lard, yellow grease, chicken fat, and the by-products of the
production of Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil are increasingly used as biodiesel fuel
• Algae: Algae can be grown using waste materials such as sewage and without making
use of land used for food production. They are also looked upon as a good source of
• LBF uses USED COOKING OIL as the major feed stock for producing Biodiesel.
Biodiesel Feedstock: Used Cooking Oil (UCO)
• We are one of the biggest UCO collectors authorized by Dubai Municipality
and the only one having our own fuel stations across Dubai.
• We pay for the UCO collected, thus giving an incentive to UCO providers.
• Our main sources of UCO are restaurants, bakeries, food chains etc.
• By efficiently converting UCO waste into biofuel we help the Municipality in
disposing UCO waste safely which could have resulted into alarming sewage
• As a part of our Corporate Social
Responsibility, by converting UCO into
fuel we prevent it entering into the
food chain again.
• UCO has the highest carbon saving
ratio amongst all the available
PRODUCTION & DISTRIBUTUION
As of now we have introduced our plant as a pilot project for biodiesel production.
In the first stage we are providing B5, which is a blend of 95% of petro-diesel and
5% of biodiesel B100 and we are producing as per the current demand. Our fully
automated biodiesel plant guarantee the highest biodiesel quality and reduces the
plant operation costs. Excellent mechanical and electrical documentation fulfill
international standards. We are planning to commission a state of the art plant at
Jebel Ali to meet the growing demand of Biofuels in the region.
• AL QUOZ STATION, Industrial area # 4,
S.S.Lootah ready mix compound.
• AL QUSAIS STATION, Industrial area # 3,
Besides RTA Bus Depot.
• JEBELALI STATION, Industrial area # 2,
Near Jumbo warehouse.
• Ras Al Khor Station (opening soon)
• We will supply to any locations in UAE.
The blended biodiesel, B5, is distributed through our fully owned strategically
located fueling stations in Dubai. Also, we do supply Biofuel to any locations in
Standards Of Biodiesel
• A number of technical standards for biodiesel fuel have
been set in order to maintain its quality. This includes the
European standard EN 14214, ASTM International D6751, and
• LBF have dedicated quality analysts and Material Lab to
ensure the quality of Fuel.
MEETING INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS
• Each batch of biodiesel is tested for set parameters.
• German technology engineered production plant to ensure
uninterrupted production of highest quality.
• In-house lab to monitor quality and work continuously on raising
• Periodic calibration of Storage Tanks and Dispensing Units.
• Storage tanks and Yards approved by Civil Defense Authorities.
• Usage of High Quality Ultra-Low Sulphur Diesel (ULSD) for blending
• Dedicated Customer Feedback Officer to monitor client feedback on a
RTA Bio Powered Green Bus
Supported by the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), the
Green Bus project is a collaborative effort between the RTA and SS Lootah
Biofuels, one of the fiercest proponents of bio-fuels in the UAE. The
initiative, the first of its kind in the region falls under a wider picture the
UAE Vision 2021 of Green Economy for Sustainable Development.
Expanding the green profile of Dubai’s public transport, RTA has launched
the first green bus in 2012 as a pilot project and after a successful trial has
now expanded the fleet.
Awarded First edition of the ‘Dubai Award for Sustain able
Transport’ (DAST) in the ‘Conservation of Environment’
category for the Group’s Green Car program.
Green Car Program
The solar-powered car designed by the Lootah Technical
Centre in Dubai is capable of travelling at a speed of 45km
per hour. The ‘Green Car Program’ has seen a great
progression since inception, starting from conversion of
part of the company fleet to Compressed Natural Gas,
followed by the use of hybrid cars and high mileage
vehicles and most recently, electric cars, making Dubai the
first city in the Gulf to license electric cars. The SS Lootah
Group has further strengthened the Program through MoU
with the RTA in 2009 to explore mobility options for the
Moreover than all these financial and technical
advantages, as a reputed company, this association
will enhance your company's reputation because by
using Biofuels you are doing your bit for the
environment to create a better living for the coming