1. ACC 557 Homework 4: Chapters 11 and 12
Follow Below Link to DownloadTutorial
For More Information Visit Our Website( https://homeworklance.com/ )
Email us At: Support@homeworklance.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Due Week 8 and worth 70 points
Directions: Answer the following questions on a separate Microsoft Word or Excel document.
Explain how you reached the answer or show your work if a mathematical calculation is needed,
or both. Submit your assignment using the assignment link in Blackboard.
E11-7. Quay Co. had the following transactions during the current period.
Mar. 2 Issued 5,000 shares of $5 par value common stock to attorneys in payment of a
bill for $30,000 for services performed in helping the company to incorporate.
June 12 Issued 60,000 shares of $5 par value common stock for cash of $375,000.
July 11 Issued 1,000 shares of $100 par value preferred stock for cash at $110 per share.
Nov. 28 Purchased 2,000 shares of treasury stock for $80,000.
2. Journalize the transactions.
E11-13. On January 1, Guillen Corporation had 95,000 shares of no-par common stock issued
and outstanding. The stock has a stated value of $5 per share. During the year, the following
Apr. 1 Issued 25,000 additional shares of common stock for $17 per share.
June 15 Declared a cash dividend of $1 per share to stockholders of record on June 30.
July 10 Paid the $1 cash dividend.
Dec. 1 Issued 2,000 additional shares of common stock for $19 per share.
15 Declared a cash dividend on outstanding shares of $1.20 per share to
stockholders of record on December 31.
1. Prepare the entries, if any, on each of the three dividend dates.
2. How are dividends and dividends payable reported in the ﬁnancial statements prepared at
E12-8. Presented below are two independent situations.
1. Gambino Cosmetics acquired 10% of the 200,000 shares of common stock of Nevins
Fashion at a total cost of $13 per share on March 18, 2015. On June 30, Nevins declared
and paid a $60,000 dividend. On December 31, Nevins reported net income of $122,000
for the year. At December 31, the market price of Nevins Fashion was $15 per share. The
stock is classiﬁed as available-for-sale.
2. Kanza, Inc., obtained signiﬁcant inﬂuence over Rogan Corporation by buying 40% of
Rogan’s 30,000 outstanding shares of common stock at a total cost of $9 per share on
January 1, 2015. On June 15, Rogan declared and paid a cash dividend of $30,000. On
December 31, Rogan reported a net income of $80,000 for the year.
Prepare all the necessary journal entries for 2015 for (a) Gambino Cosmetics and (b) Kanza, Inc.
E12-12.Uttinger Company has the following data at December 31, 2015.
The available-for-sale securities are held as a long-term investment.
1. Prepare the adjusting entries to report each class of securities at fair value.
2. Indicate the statement presentation of each class of securities and the related unrealized
gain (loss) accounts.
P11-3A.The stockholders’ equity accounts of Castle Corporation on January 1, 2015, were as
Preferred Stock (8%, $50 par, cumulative, 10,000 shares authorized) $ 400,000
Common Stock ($1 stated value, 2,000,000 shares authorized) 1,000,000
Paid-in Capital in Excess of Par—Preferred Stock 100,000
Paid-in Capital in Excess of Stated Value—Common Stock 1,450,000
Retained Earnings 1,816,000
Treasury Stock (10,000 common shares) 50,000
4. During 2015, the corporation had the following transactions and events pertaining to its
Feb. 1 Issued 25,000 shares of common stock for $120,000.
Apr. 14 Sold 6,000 shares of treasury stock—common for $33,000.
Sept. 3 Issued 5,000 shares of common stock for a patent valued at $35,000.
Nov. 10 Purchased 1,000 shares of common stock for the treasury at a cost of $6,000.
Dec. 31 Determined that net income for the year was $452,000.
No dividends were declared during the year.
1. Journalize the transactions and the closing entry for net income.
2. Enter the beginning balances in the accounts, and post the journal entries to the
stockholders’ equity accounts. (Use J5 for the posting reference.)
3. Prepare a stockholders’ equity section at December 31, 2015, including the disclosure of
the preferred dividends in arrears.
P12-6A.The following data, presented in alphabetical order, are taken from the records of Nieto
The investment in Sasse common stock is considered to be a long-term available-for-sale
Prepare a classiﬁed balance sheet at December 31, 2015.