1. Laurie J. Kolo
3712 Merkel Street, Edwardsville, IL 62025
Skilled accounting professional with 20+ years of experience. Strong understanding of all
aspects of accounting and financial management. Proven ability to manage multiple
assignments while meeting tight deadline schedules. Possesses reputation as self-directed
professional with excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
Proven track record of performing work in an ethical manner while consistently
maintaining the integrity of all financial data. Strong relationship-building skills and
effective collaboration with management and coworkers.
Areas of Expertise
General Ledger Entries and Audits Fixed Asset Management
Business Accounting Process Improvements Customer Satisfaction
Reporting and Documentation GAAP
SAP, Hyperion, Microsoft Office Suite Financial Statements & Preparation
Internal/ External Audit Research, Investigate & Resolution
Balance Sheet Reconciliations Non-Profit Operations
Variance Analysis Lawson Accounting Software
ARCHDIOCESE OF ST LOUIS
Senior Accountant (August 2015-Present) Responsible for multi-agency financial
records. Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries for general
ledger and all subsidiary application systems. Reviews all accounts receivable and/or
accounts payable batches for accuracy before they are processed. Analyzes financial
information detailing assets, liabilities, revenue and expenses, and prepares balance sheet,
statement of activities, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected
financial position for the agency director. Works with agency on grants and grant
compliance. Prepares audit work papers and schedules.
• Streamlined journal entry upload process.
• Involved in process improvement meetings to reduce cost.
• Worked with agency to reduce time for analyzing contribution tracking.
2. ENERGIZER HOLDINGS, INC.
Accountant (1994-July 2015). Prepare monthly closing journal entries, and account
reconciliations for 75 accounts. Extract data from SAP and load to the Hyperion
Financial Management system monthly for consolidation. Prepare and submit schedules to
support the External Reporting department financials on a monthly, quarterly and yearly
basis. Provide support for internal and external audit requests in support of external filings
and SOX compliance. Support Tax department for the tax reporting requirements for
return filings and IRS audits. Work closely with Treasury department to ensure accuracy
of cash including collections, disbursement, and debt. Maintain domestic fixed asset ledger
including recording of assets and calculation of depreciation with a NBV of $120M. Work
proficiently across three modules of SAP.
• SAP implementation including creation of general ledger chart of accounts and
• Involved in and supported spin-off and creation of Energizer Holdings, Inc. from
Ralston Purina, including bridging agreements and recording of opening balances.
• Supported multiple acquisitions resulting in company growth.
• Streamlined analysis and reporting processes to support company directives to
• Demonstrated support to internal customers resulting in Center of Excellence
• Assisted IT department with implementation of new Hyperion Financial
Senior Accounting Clerk (1992-1994). Prepared account analysis and financial reports
for senior management. Prepared journal entries. Record Bank Deposits and Cash
Reconciliations. Responsible for internal and external audit requests.
• Reduced days in monthly closing cycle by 50%.
• Documented processes and procedures to improve efficiencies.
Marketing Accounting Clerk (1990-1992). Supported marketing department with
financial information including invoice payments, budget information and vendor support.
Worked with all levels of the marketing organization.
• Improved vendor relations by working to resolve invoice discrepancies in a timely
• Enhanced communication with internal and external customer to improve
Accounts Payable Correspondent (1987-1990). Responsible for payment resolution
between vendors and the domestic battery plants. Prepared journal entries. Investigated
3. discrepancies through communication with all levels of plant and headquarters
Master of Business Administration - Webster University
Accounting Certificate – Maryville University
Bachelor of Science Business Administration – Marketing/Management - Southern Illinois
University at Edwardsville