Reliable, conscientious and hardworking individual who strives to achieve the very
highest standard in whatever I undertake. Confident communicator, who is equally
able to work in a team or independently. Flexible and able to work under pressure,
coupled with strong time keeping, an enthusiastic attitude, a positive approach and
a willingness to learn as many skills as I can. Passionate at story telling through a
camera lens by creating rich, visually exciting environments for the narrative to take
Work Experience & Employment
• ‘Mr Holmes’ Feature Film. July 2014 Dir. Bill Condon. Design: Martin Childs
Art Department Intern. Sherlock Holmes film starring Sir Ian McKellen. Roles included
prop making & scenic painting
• ‘Mr Turner’ Feature Film. Mar-Apr 2013 Dir. Mike Leigh. Design: Suzie Davis
Art Department Intern. Biopic starring Timothy Spall. Roles include Photoshopped
graphics, prop making, scenic painting & buying
• Assistant to Designer. Ongoing assisting work for designer/prop stylist Linnea Apelqvist
on editorials & advertising for Wonderland Magazine, Schon!, Amica, John Lewis & more
• BBC Drama series ‘The Interceptor’. Mar 2014. Design: Tom Bowyer
Art Department Intern. Prop making and set dressing for this upcoming 8-episode
• Jag Hunjan Production Services. June 2014 – Present
Production & Set Design Assistant. Assistance for creative events company. Events
such as London Fashion Week SS15, Stella McCartney GCC, Barbour x Fenwick Windows.
Roles include assisting art director Philip Cooper, Sketch Up, Vectorworks & Excel
• ‘Famous Scenes’ Series of short films. Mar 2013 Dir. David Skynner
Production Designer. Prop sourcing & set dressing as well as some makeup SPX.
• ‘Sundown’ Short Film. Nov 2012 Dir. K. Gkioulmichalaki, P. Audi-Dor & C. Lipparini.
Production designer. Involved budget control, prop sourcing & making, set dressing &
set building as well as photoshopped graphics.
• ‘One Small Step for a Man’ Short Film. Feb 2013 Dir. S. Hayes.
Assistant Production Designer. Props. making & sourcing for set dressing a shoot in
• ‘St Ives House’ commercial. Feb 2013 Dir. M. Newnham.
Assistant Production Designer. Set dressing & food styling for a holiday home.
• ’13 Minutes Past’ Canon 48 hour sci-fi challenge short film April 2013 Dir. R. Petit
Assistant Production Designer. Prop buying & dressing on location with a time limit.
• ‘Voltage’ short film. May 2013 Dir. V. Stephanopoli
Art Department Assistant. Set Dressing & Set Building
• ‘One Master Two Servants’ comedic play Jun 2012 Dir. A. Britt.
Art Department Assistant. Prop making & scenic painting Edinburgh Festival Fringe
Visit lauracampbelldesign.co.uk for an online portfolio of work
• Foundation Diploma in Art and Design - Merit. Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design
One-year course, involving exploration into a wide range of different art and design areas. With a
specialisation into Performance Design and Practice.
• 3 A Levels.
Art (A), Psychology (B), Business Studies (C).
• AS Level, Biology (C) The Knights Templar School, Baldock, Hertfordshire
• 11 GCSEs.
Art Graphics (A*). 5 Grade A- Science Double Award, Business Studies, Statistics, ICT.
5 Grade B- Maths, French, English Language, English Literature, Geography. The Knights
Templar School, Baldock, Hertfordshire.
Over the last few years I have developed my skills through education and work
experience. Whilst completing my first year of university I was involved in creating my own
short film. For this I used Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro to create and edit. During this
year I also gained experience in location surveying and used this to create an accurate
scale colour model. Second year has helped me to extent my skills into computer
software such as Google Sketch Up, Vectorworks, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator. I
am confident in using these to communicate my creative thinking and design. The work
experience I’ve participated in have helped me improve my communication and
collaboration skills. They have also given me a chance to use my problem solving skills
and quick decision making within a fast paced creative atmosphere.
Qualifications & Achievements
• Foundation Diploma in Art and Design- Merit.
• Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Bronze Level
• ABC Level 3 Award in Model Making and Presentation
• Learning towards a full Driving License
• Learning AutoCAD
Kerry Bradley. WCA Lecturer
2011 to 2014
• BA (Hons) Set Design for Screen – Second Class First Degree Honors
Wimbledon College of Art. UAL
3 year intensive course, covering production design through technical skill development as well as
creative collaboration projects.
• 3 A Levels.
Art A, Psychology B, Business Studies C. The Knights Templar School, Baldock, Hertfordshire.
Linnea Apelqvist. Designer
Philip Cooper. Art Director