• Topics in Biochemistry
• Advanced Cell Biology
• Comparing suitability of two cell lines to produce a
human recombinant protein for haemophilia treatment.
• Opportunity to do project with my placement provider in
PCR, gel electrophoresis, tissue culture, biuret assays,
Mass Spectrometry (MALDI, ESI) to analyse dipeptides,
● Inorganic and Physical chemistry
● Chemistry and Society
● Medicinal Chemistry
Fun Lab Work:
Making ferrocene and Oil of wintergreen
Project: My final year project analysing peptides using
• University of Sheffield Medical School
• DNA Replication and Repair Group
• Tumour Treating Fields – anti-mitotic,
non-invasive therapy for cancer using
Sheffield Hallam University ( TORS )
● Technical support in lab classes
● Assist the B.M.R.C with any technical help that may be needed.
● run practical's, preparing, ordering all items that may be needed.
● - weekly and semesterly duties to maintain science equipment.
● ensure the smooth running of labs across the university.
❖ I spent my placement year at labcorp which is based in Leeds
❖ Due to covid I worked from home for the year
❖ Labcorp is a company that deals with clinical trials
❖ I mostly dealt with excel files and word documents, to process
data from trials
❖ The placement year gave me confidence and the workplace
environment skills i needed
❖ It has really helped me final year to be able to communicate
with lecturers and time management skills as a student
Outreach and supporting access to science, science
Field trips to collect samples for research and lab
Open days, tours and other work opportunities!
Speaking with academics to represent student
Part time job…
Student ambassador, Chopstix, Bar work, chef
Summer School in Madrid…
Learning Spanish in at University of Alcalá - GoGlobal
Hallam Union Pole, Coffee and Cake Society
Regular socials non-drinking and drinking, friendly and safe environment, meet new
Sheffield Hallam Athletics
Woodburn road track and EIS indoor track
University competitions and social play
Gyms at Collegiate and City campus