SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
We live in a techno-savvy world. Anything and everything is available online. Even calculators.
And no, we are not talking about the calculators that help add, subtract, multiply or divide.
We are talking about calculators that do complicated, but essential, math—how much to invest, how much will your
invested money grow, etc. Basically, these are projections you can use to make smart decisions. So, naturally, you cannot—
and should not—live without them. Here are the 8 important calculators you never knew you needed:
Monthly investment for your goals
It works this way:
- You know how much money you need in the future. E.g.: Rs 5 lakh to buy a car in 3 years.
- You want to start saving for this goal already. (Smart move, btw!)
- But you don’t know how much to save. So, use this calculator.
- Punch in your final goal amount, the number of years and how much return you expect.
- The calculator will tell you how much you need to invest every month.
Final wealth creation:
This works the other way around:
- You can set aside only a certain amount of money every month.
- You don’t have goals planned per say.
- All you know is you want to save and invest.
- Use this calculator to find out how much money you can make over time.
- Punch in your monthly amount, the number of years and how much return you expect.
- The calculator will tell you how much you would have accumulated over the years.
Return and time calculator
- Let’s suppose you have a goal in mind AND a monthly budget.
- But you don’t know when to realize the goal.
- Or you may not know where to invest in a certain time.
- This calculator can help you understand the amount of return you need to achieve your goal in a certain time.
- This can help you decide where to invest (depending on the return).
- Or, if you have an investment option in mind, then you can figure out how long it will take.
Top ups calculator
Over time, your salary and income increases.
- You can then increase your monthly investment amount too.
- So how will that affect your final investment amount, time period, or even the return you need?
- You can understand that using a top up calculator.
- Most are available for investments in Mutual Funds through Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs).
- However, you can easily use it for regular calculations too.
- A bank or financial institution promises a certain amount of interest on your investment.
- But these interest payments earn interest too over time.
- This is called compound interest.
- So, use calculators to understand the actual return you earn.
- Alternatively, use it to find out the final value of your investment.
These work in many ways:
- Punch in your EMI budget to find out the final loan amount.
- Input your current salary and age to find out how much loan you are eligible for.
- Use your loan amount and period to calculate your monthly EMIs.
- Or, figure out the loan tenure using the loan amount and monthly EMI budget.
- Prices keep increasing every year.
- Your goal amount needs to keep this increase in mind.
- You need to plan your money matters accordingly.
- Use an inflation calculator to understand how much the price will rise by a certain period of time.
- You want to insure your life, car or health.
- You have a certain budget or need in mind.
- But you don’t know the premium amount or maybe the sum assured.
- Use insurance calculators to calculate these amounts.
Kotak Securities Limited. Registered Office: 27 BKC, C 27, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai
400051. CIN: U99999MH1994PLC134051, Telephone No.: +22 43360000, Fax No.: +22 67132430. Website:
www.kotak.com / www.kotaksecurities.com. Correspondence Address: Infinity IT Park, Bldg. No 21, Opp. Film City
Road, A K Vaidya Marg, Malad (East), Mumbai 400097. Telephone No: 42856825. SEBI Registration No: NSE
INB/INF/INE 230808130, BSE INB 010808153/INF 011133230, MSEI INE 260808130/INB 260808135/INF
260808135, AMFI ARN 0164, PMS INP000000258 and Research Analyst INH000000586. NSDL/CDSL: IN-DP-NSDL-
23-97. Compliance Officer Details: Mr. Manoj Agarwal. Call: 022 - 4285 6825, or Email: email@example.com. In
case you require any clarification or have any concern, kindly write to us at below email ids:
• Level 1: For Trading related queries, contact our customer service at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ and for demat
account related queries contact us at email@example.com or call us on:
30305757 (by using your city STD code as a prefix) or Toll free numbers 18002099191 / 1800222299 and
• Level 2: If you do not receive a satisfactory response at Level 1 within 3 working days, you may write to us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 022-42858445 and if you feel you are still unheard, write to our customer
service HOD at email@example.com or call us on 022-42858208.
• Level 3: If you still have not received a satisfactory response at Level 2 within 3 working days, you may contact our
Compliance Officer (Name: Manoj Agarwal) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 91- (022) 4285 8484.
• Level 4: If you have not received a satisfactory response at Level 3 within 7 working days, you may also approach
CEO (Mr. Kamlesh Rao) at email@example.com or call on 91-(022) 4285 8301.
This is an editorial content, our research should not be considered as an advertisement or advice, professional or
otherwise. The investor is requested to take into consideration all the risk factors including their financial condition,
suitability to risk return profile, and the like and take professional advice before investing.