1. Kim Felton email@example.com
4802 POE Avenue || Baltimore, MD 21215 (443)-756-0114
GOAL: Create and implement reading, math, and school culture strategic plans in order to
lead highly effective teacher teams to improve teacher practice focusing on Common Core,
family engagement, differentiation and student behavioral supports.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE PRINCIPALSHIP
• Highly motivated and results-oriented in supporting complex, deadline-driven operations; able to improve
student achievement; identify goals and priorities; resolve issues at different stages of progress
• Driven to get results in a high effective teacher team using data driven processes through Facilitative
• Plan and deliver highly effective research-based professional development focusing on Common Core,
differentiation and student behavioral supports aligned to the Instructional Evaluation Model.
• Participate and lead parts of the school Instructional Leadership Team Meetings to advance district goals
through professional development, planning and action.
• Balance multiple projects simultaneously, as a proactive, decisive educator and administrator who is
experienced in teacher and curriculum development, unpacking Common Core Standards, and use of high
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
University of Phoenix Phoenix, AZ
Doctorate, Educational Leadership Spring, 2012
College of Notre Dame Baltimore, MD
Certificate of Advanced Studies, Education Spring, 2008
Coppin State University Baltimore, MD
Master of Science, Adult & Continuing Education/Supervision Spring, 2004
Coppin State University Baltimore, MD
Bachelors of Arts, Social Science/Elemenatary Education Spring, 2002
Administrator I & II Baltimore, MD
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE-BALTIMORE CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Northwood Appold Community Academy Baltimore, MD
Principal July 2016-Present
• Lead the K – 5th
grade teacher teams to an increase average scale scores in I-Ready assessment results in
literacy from 69% (Beginning of Year) – 78% (Middle of the Year) and in mathematics from 67%
(Beginning of Year) - 74% (Middle of the Year).
Empowerment Academy Elementary-Middle School Baltimore, MD
Resident Principal July 2015 – June 2016
• Lead the 6th
grade interdiscplinary team to an increase average scale scores in I-Ready assessment
results in literacy from 22% (Beginning of Year) – 39 % (End of the Year)
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of school team and staff through observations by utilizing the
Instructional Framework in order to promote continuous improvement with a common core focus.
• Lead the collaborative planning structure for the middle school team to include cycles of professional
learning, data driven instruction and co-planning aligned to the common core shifts.
• Lead the data-driven cycle to school staff and to schools for systemic professional development.
• Involve parents with the creation of home communication newsletters.
• Create and Ensure a safe and orderly environment through the implementation of PBIS incentive
program and BCPSS Code of Conduct.
Baltimore City Public Schools Baltimore, MD
Academic Content Liaison –K to 8Mathematics September 2010 – June 2015
2. • Lead the 5th
grade math team to an increase average scale scores in mathematics assessmenet
results from 19% (Beginning of Year) – 45 % (End of the Year)
• Developed common core mathematics curriculum.
• Collaborated with Executive Director and school leadership teams providing support to school leaders,
specialists, teachers and district staff to ensure accurate implementation of district initiatives and the
Instructional Model supporting the Mathematics CCSC (approx 40 schools over the years).
• Completed school-wide learning walks and visits to individual classrooms to monitor best teaching
practices; coached instructional support and classroom teachers based on performance during visits.
• Lead data-driven professional development to network schools to identify future steps of data-driven
instruction and common core instruction.
Diggs-Johnson Middle School Baltimore, MD
Behavior Intervention Coordinator/Instructional Support/ July 2006 –June 2010
Managing Assistant Principal
• Lead the 6th
grade math team to an increase average scores in the Maryland State Assessment results
• Created and implemented a Response to Instruction and Intervention Program.
• Visited classrooms to monitor teaching practices; coached teachers based on performance during visits
and led collaborative planning sessions with teachers on data-driven instruction.
• Collaborated with teachers with a focus on school improvement in literacy and math, common
assessments, and with a focus on Maryland Content Standards.
• Met with a team of teachers about the development of student groups in grades 6 to provide Tier-II
intervention supports in reading and math, as well as served as the Academic Coordinator for grades 6-
Garrison Middle School and Diggs-Johnson Middle School Baltimore, MD
Grade 7 Math Classroom Teacher 1998 – 2007
• Planned, modeled, and co-taught exemplary lessons to develop the teaching capacity of novice teachers.
• Observed and coached novice teachers to improve instructional practices.
• Planned with teachers as the team leader.
• Facilitated professional development on integrating literacy to promote the “Achievement First and
Balanced Literacy in Math” school program, resulting to 19% increase in mathematics.
• Facilitated professional development on Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports to school staff.
• Created and implemented a parent compact and facilitated professional development to parents.
OTHER LEADERSHIP ACTIVITIES
Parcc Parent Workshops, Northwood Appold Community Academy Baltimore, MD, 2016-2017
Aspiring Principals Program, New Leaders Baltimore, MD, 2015-2016
Facilitator to New Leaders Cohort 15, Family Engagement and Budget 101 Baltimore, MD, 2015-2016
Baltimore City Instructional Teacher Evaluation Framework, Instructor Baltimore, MD, 2013-2016
Facilitator to New Leaders Cohort 11 and Cohort 14, Common Core Math Baltimore, MD, 2014,2011
John Hopkins University, Eff Teaching Practices, Class Mgt, MS Portfolio Coach Baltmore, MD, 2013-2017