1. Kathleen Hagen
Goal oriented leader with extensive experience in management, sales and customer service. Successful
at driving high employee engagement, through building trusted relationships across all levels. Proven
leadership by coaching, developing and motivating staff to successfully meet and exceed company
• Customer Focus
• Training and Development
• Performance Improvement
• Employee Engagement
• Quality Assurance
• Detailed Oriented
• Creative Thinking
Capital One, Sioux Falls, SD 1999-Present
HSBC/Household Bank/Specialized Card Services
Manager of 16-20 direct reports, coaching, training, developing team, assessing performance and
production metrics, and cultivating talent achieving organizational excellence and continuous
• Coached and developed associates, improving performance and engagement.
• Designed, facilitated, improved and communicated associate engagement throughout the
department resulting in top 15% of site engagement.
• Managed quality, attendance, accommodations, performance, metrics and timekeeping in
compliance with the law.
• Facilitated training as needed ensuring that staff is adequately trained to perform and excel.
• Creative engagement events for site, including team outings, fun monthly activities, holiday and
award planning increasing employee engagement.
Manager. HSBC 2003-2012
Managed direct reports, coaching and development of staff. Trained managers as a subject matter
expert to reduce average call handle time along with increasing customer engagement onsite and off
shore facility. Phone supervisor assisting with highly escalated customer concerns with emphasis on
customer satisfaction while balancing company interests.
• Chosen as a Subject Matter Expert to work at offshore facility reducing average call handle time by
9% from 310 seconds to 282 seconds.
• Coached newly hired associates on policies, procedures, customer engagement and delivering
excellence in customer service. Ensuring success individual and team quality team performance.
• Supervised escalated calls, identifying best possible resolution for the customer and company while
exceeding quality expectations.
2. Kathleen Hagen
Training Assistant/Supervisor, Household Bank 2000-2003
Assisted training of newly hired staff, ensured policy procedure trainings are compliant with the
company and the law. Phone supervisor in collections, and customer service department, finding
resolutions for customers inquires and concerns with a strong focus delivering excellent customer
• Ensured policy and procedures are compliant with the law.
• Supervisor in escalation queues resolving highly escalated customer issues and concerns while
balancing best resolution for our customers and company.
• Consistently exceeded department expectations in quality servicing.
Supervisor/Customer Service, Specialized Card Services 1999-2000
Fielded card holder concerns, and inquiries. Managed escalated calls.
• Phone associate, skilled in resolving questions concerns of our customers and exceeding quality
• Promoted to Supervisor in 2000.
EDUCATION / INTERNAL TRAINING
7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Managing Within the Law
Junior Achievement Volunteer
Active Generation – Meals on Wheels Driver
Feeding South Dakota –School Back Pack Program & the Food Bank
Veteran Stand Down