1. KASHA HAMBRICK
4725 Queens Lace Ct. Memphis, TN 38118
Innovative, hard-working and technically skilled individual wanting to obtain a challenging career in accounting that
will permit use of skills and knowledge to maximize company potential while developing additional knowledge and
abilities. Known for accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness of processes. Backed by solid credentials (BBA in
Finance) and proficiencies in generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP) as well as Oracle, PeopleSoft,
ERP/EDI Systems and SAP.
AP/AR Processes & Management SAP & Financial System Technologies
Invoices/Expense Reports/Payment Transactions Organization & Communication
Account Analysis/Reconciliation Month-End & GL/Journal Entry
GAAP Standards & Government Regulations Team-building & Staff Supervision
Vendor Negotiations & Management Spreadsheets & Accounting Reports
AMERICAN FINANCIAL – Memphis, TN
Staff Accountant 09/13 – Present
Process journal entries, and duties required for month end. Daily Cash Reconciliation- Reconciled daily bank
statement to the cash flow worksheet as well as the monthly petty cash. Maintain and balance accounts by
verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies. Bank Reconciliation and Balance
Sheet Account Analysis – Reconciled accounts on a monthly basis, identifying and researching any out of balance
occurrences. Discover, analyze, and resolve inventory report variances.
• Streamlined manual processes to become more automated.
• Work with team to prepare for major audits and with auditors for smooth completion.
US FOODS – Memphis, TN
Staff Accountant/Payroll, 03/12 – 08/13
Responsible for various general accounting duties including accounts payable, banking, check requests and special
projects as needed. Processed accounts payable; including purchase order entry, invoice approval and entry, follow
up with vendors, aging reporting. Processed daily checks and various credits. Assist with month-end close and
financial reporting. Performed monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, including reconciliation of deposits with
accounts receivable. Process weekly/bi-weekly multi-state payroll using People-Soft payroll system. Update, collect
and import hours on Kronos electronic time keeping system. Verify hours and PTO information. Process new hires,
terminations, and all employee data changes. Process employee verifications and garnishments.
• Streamlined the payroll process for more efficient and time effective processing.
• Leading the engagement committee in community and employed based events.
• Composed effective spreadsheets summarizing A/P data for Accounting Managers, and other departments.
FIRST CHOICE EVENT PLANNING – Memphis, TN
Creator/Event Planner, 10/09 to Present
2. Responsible for identifying the objectives of the event, and determine the requirements needed to accomplish those
goals. Meet with sponsors, and organizing committees to plan the scope, and format of events. Establish, and
monitor budgets making sure spending does not exceed budgetary allowances. Coordinate all services for events,
such as accommodation, and transportation for participants, catering, displays, audiovisual equipment, printing and
security. Organize the registration of participants, prepare programs, and promotional material, and publicize events.
Hire, train, and supervise support staff required for events. Approve invoices, maintain financial records, and
• Volunteered with one of the top event planning companies in Memphis, TN, Social Butterflies, Inc.
• Produced steady monthly and yearly events for the past five years.
• Instituted a networking email/marketing system of over 2,000 people.
NYK LOGISTICS – Memphis, TN
Freight Cashier (Temporary Position), 10/10 to 03/11
Assumed responsibility for the import department as a freight cashier. Closed files in accordance with both
operations, and accounting guidelines. Performed freight cashier duties including receiving, recording, and
processing checks. Performed additional billing tasks, and notification of charges to customers as required. Insured
shipment data was properly distributed to vendors in a timely manner.
• Resolved months of backlogged work, restored order and organization to processes/records in disarray, and
created spreadsheets logging the new processes.
• Handled the processing, distribution, accuracy verification and maintenance of freight orders, interfacing
extensively with a nationwide network of vendors and suppliers.
• Researched and solved billing problems and corrected system and check errors that had previously been
VERSO PAPER – MEMPHIS, TN
Accounts Payable Specialist, 05/09 to 07/10
Handled daily A/P processes. Managed vendor/supplier relations, and oversaw the timely, accurate processing of
invoices, purchase orders, expense reports, credit memos and payment transactions. Maintained adherence to
corporate, accounting and GAAP standards. Addressed escalated issues from employees and vendors regarding
accounts payable. Ensured accurate and compliant A/P files and records in accordance with company policies and
• Managed the accurate and timely processing of up to 10,000 invoices ($500K) per month.
• Facilitated internal and external audits as a result of sound record-keeping and thorough documentation.
• Instituted thorough cross-checking of pack-lists, receivers and invoices that halted a previous history of
thousands of dollars in inaccurate payments to suppliers.
BARLOWORLD TRUCK CENTER – MEMPHIS, TN
3. Accounts Payable Associate, 05/06 to 12/08
Performed full cycle A/P and some A/R duties including payment of invoices, proofing of checks and
communication with outside vendors. Used financial computer software, journals, and ledgers to classify, record,
and summarize numerical financial data. Provided effective organization of parable’s services and served as primary
backup to accounts payable supervisor.
• As an intern assumed expanded responsibilities (concurrent with A/P duties), becoming permanent after
• Formally recognized by supervisor for injecting improvements into record-keeping/controls that reversed a
history of missed payment deadlines, lost invoices and lack of proper authorization on expenditures.
• Rebuilt trust with vendors/suppliers, repairing damaged relationships by ensuring timely, correct payments
for all goods/services received.
KELLER SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT – MEMPHIS, TN
Master of Business Administration in Accounting, Enrolling Spring Quarter 2015
UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS – MEMPHIS, TN
Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, 2003-2009
SOUTHWEST TN COMMUNITY COLLEGE – MEMPHIS, TN
Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts, 2000-2003
• MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
• Payment Vision
• EDI Systems
STUDY FOR CPA LICENSE