3. About Me
Microsoft MVP TEAMS
• What is Omnichannel?
• License information – the boring stuff
• Direct Routing – we need to know this
• Azure Communication service
• Dyn356 Customer Service Omnichannel Voice
• BOTS and AI
5. What is Omnichannel?
• First Microsoft has not invented Omnichannel.
• Back in the early 2000 I work in a company where we did email
and telephony into the contact center.
• Omnichannel brings SoMe, SMS, bots, chat, telephony and
email into the contact center without using different legacy
• It could been called multichannel customer service.
• The cool thing now is that we can get all this in Dynamics365
6. License information Direct Routing
• M365 who are not E5, well then you need addon named
• Phone System Standard or Teams Phone Standard for the
• Microsoft Teams Phone Resource Account
• M365 Business voice
7. Dyn365CS Omnichannel license info
• First of all you need Dyn365 Customer Service Enterprise
• Omnichannel is not included in Customer Service Pro license
• Dyn365 CS Digital Messaging add-on (Nice to have)
• Dyn365 CS Voice Channel Add-in
8. Direct Routing
• Direct Routing let you bring your PBX
• SIP trunk can be ordered from Telco
or a Microsoft Partner
• SBC – Session Border Controller are
• SBC can be delivered from
• Your Telco (as a service)
• Your Microsoft Partner (as a service)
• In your Datacenter or in the cloud
15. How to add chatbot to Webpage
• We need to figure out the application ID.
• Then we just add these lines
• <script id="Microsoft_Omnichannel_LCWidget" src="https://oc-cdn-
16. Time for demo!
• Chat bot from ucworld.today
• Transcript chat bot
• Dial in to the bot 23381467
• Dial Out
17. Dyn365 Sale – Direct Routing
• Running Dyn365 Sales, you can use Teams Telephony
• Click to call
• Recording and transcript
• Dial in
• Dial out
• Easy to enable
18. Dyn365 Sale DEMO and Config
• How to config
• How to dial – click to call
• Number presentation
• Dial in, what happens
Hinweis der Redaktion
Hi and welcome to this session. Dynamics365 Omnichannel Voice with Direct Routing How to do it………………and to get it work.
My name is Kai Stenberg. I am a Microsoft MVP in Teams. I’m from Norway, working for blinQ AS and has done that for 6 years now.
I have two blogs, one named teams.ucworld.today that is a Norwegian one and also a International on in English.
You will so find me in the SoMe world on almost all platforms.
I have also in two and half year now run a Norwegian Podcast named TeamsCastaway. But from time to time (just one time now) I have also done an English spoken pod with fellow MVP’s Thomas Sandsør and Tricia Sincair.
They are also one of the reasons that I have build this session. So let’s start.
One of the common questions I’m asked is, “Do you trust this? It’s so new…”.The technology behind native voice is not new. Omnichannel native voice leverages Azure Communication Service which is a public web service that exposes some of Microsoft Teams’ functionality.
It is entirely possible to build your own voice application using Azure Communication Services taking advantage of features such as call recording, call transcriptions etc. This is exactly what the native omni channel voice channel does.
Interestingly, the voice integration used in D365 Sales accelerator leverages Microsoft Teams and requires a Teams calling plan.
Another question “Do I have to use Microsoft as my voice carrier?!” can sometimes crop up.Microsoft Teams implementations can be deployed with different voice carriers which are certified to work with a Microsoft Teams. This functionality is being extended to Azure Communication Services as a feature called Direct Routing which is currently in public preview. Direct Routing will allow ACS to be configured to use a third party voice carrier. It should be noted, the initial launch of voice will only support North America and in my understanding will support direct routing. For more information about direct routing please read here.