STEPS IN STAFFING PROCESS
1. Manpower Planning
4. Placement and Orientation
5. Training and Development
7. Performance Appraisal
• It is the process of determining human resource
needs relative to an organization’s strategic plans and
devising steps necessary to meet those needs
• It is the process of searching for prospective
employees and stimulating them to apply for the job.
• It includes analyzing the job requirements, reviewing
applications, screening, shortlisting and interviewing.
• It is the process through which unsuitable candidates
are rejected and suitable ones are chosen by selecting
• It is mainly done by matching the organisational
requirements with the skills and abilities of the
PLACEMENT AND ORIENTATION
• Placement refers to occupying of the post by
• Employee is given activities to perform and told about
• Orientation refers to the introduction to the
organization’s policies, rules and regulations, other
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Training is the process of enhancing the skills.
Capabilities and knowledge of the employees.
• Development implies learning opportunities, designed
to ensure the growth of employees