1. Jonathan D. Valencia
23 Berkshire Road Jonathan.Valencia31@gmail.com
Bethpage, NY 11714 (516) 852-0440
• Finance professional with five years experience in financial analysis and cash flow forecasting/ management.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with an emphasis in variance and trend analysis.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strength in establishing, streamlining, and automating processes to achieve efficiencies.
• Proven team player who is successful working in a cross departmental environment.
New York Life Insurance Company, New York, NY 2010- Present
Senior Treasury Analyst – Financial Planning and Analysis
• Ensure excess cash is invested appropriately and managed daily cash settlements-Investments & Redemptions.
• Produced weekly, monthly and yearly cash forecasts and rebuilt enhanced forecasting model.
• Assisted with testing and implementation of new or enhanced information systems.
• Analyze operating procedures to improve and/or replace with more effective solutions.
• Calculate daily cash positions to ensure sufficient funding for short-term expenditures.
• Reconcile prior day positions for cash; custody and investment accounts.
• Act as liaison between bank managers and investment portfolio fund managers.
• Review P&L activity monthly to ensure accuracy and reasonableness of actual activity vs. forecast expectations.
• Provide ad hoc analyses and support while ensuring no deviation in quality and deadlines of daily deliverables.
• Executed and approved foreign exchange transactions and wire transfers as needed.
• Prepared, released and approved capital call wires, intercompany transfers as needed.
• Prepare variance analysis reports for business units, portfolio managers and traders to monitor forecasted vs. actual variances.
• Reconcile month end balances in SAP with our internal cash management system to ensure correct cash flow entries.
• Host weekly meetings with portfolio managers, traders, and business units to discuss weekly variances.
Merrill Lynch, New York, NY 2008- 2010
Trade Analyst – Global Private Client Group
• Collaborated with Senior Financial Advisors in providing stock quotes, client contact information, performance and portfolio reviews
• Provided senior management with monthly reporting on trade gains and losses analysis
• Created monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports for clients
• Reconciled client portfolio accounts
• Complied with regulatory requirements and account maintenance, in order to eliminate & minimize capital charge exposure daily
• Created and established a procedure that is used within the investment groups to prevent losses on trades
Merrill Lynch, New York, NY 2007- 2008
Management Intern – Global Private Client Group
• Completed a rigorous internship working closely with Senior Financial Advisors and Office Management examining client portfolios,
US markets and industries.
• Researched and analyzed equities, derivatives, and bonds utilizing Merrill Lynch computer systems.
• Reviewed and filed account documents for high net worth clients to facilitate transactions, account maintenance and reporting
• Assisted in the process of executing time sensitive transactions for equities and fixed income on the NYSE, AMEX, and NASDAQ
• Assisted the Office Management Team as the lead specialist for training and leading the summer interns in projects, daily schedules
C.W Post Long Island University - Brookville, NY
College of Management
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Graduated Fall 2007
Bloomberg, SAP, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Aladdin